The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

Good then. Zombies are boring, whereas the draugr are pretty cool. But seeing as I haven't started Dawnguard yet, it might be a while before I get to it anyway.

You're misunderstanding what a zombie is in the context of mythology. You're thinking of modern zombie movies, and this would be absolutely nothing like that.

I got it the first time thanks :lol:

After not really playing for a month, I decided to plough through my stuck point and record how long I played for this month: 32 hours.

Going by 32 hours per month, I might start playing Dawnguard some time next Spring!

Also, is there any way of making dragons appear? I didn't face one in that 32 hours :(

I got it the first time thanks :lol:

After not really playing for a month, I decided to plough through my stuck point and record how long I played for this month: 32 hours.

Going by 32 hours per month, I might start playing Dawnguard some time next Spring!

Also, is there any way of making dragons appear? I didn't face one in that 32 hours :(

You have to do a couple of the main story line missions to trigger them.

You have to do a couple of the main story line missions to trigger them.

having done every story line it seems totally random on when they show up. I can go a few hours with none or 2 at a time or 3 in a row or whatever. No predictability although late game you spend far less time outside as you fast travel everywhere. Ive never been short a dragon soul to learn a new shout so the game is good on keeping you stocked up in that regard.

i know theres a mod to increase the number of dragon encounters considerably. If your into mods or dragons or both.

With this official add-on to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, you can purchase land and build your own home from the ground up - from a simple one-room cottage to a sprawling compound complete with an armory, alchemy laboratory, stable, garden, and more. Use all-new tools like the drafting table and carpenter's workbench to transform quarried stone, clay, and sawn logs into structures and furnishings. Even transform your house into a home by adopting children.

Hearthfire, the next official game add-on for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, will be available for download for 400 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE® on September 4.

Pretty underwhelming overall, but it's $5 for a home building, family building tool, if you feel it's worth it.

Considering I was looking for the those exact things to be in the game, that doesn't sound so bad.

having done every story line it seems totally random on when they show up. I can go a few hours with none or 2 at a time or 3 in a row or whatever. No predictability although late game you spend far less time outside as you fast travel everywhere. Ive never been short a dragon soul to learn a new shout so the game is good on keeping you stocked up in that regard.

i know theres a mod to increase the number of dragon encounters considerably. If your into mods or dragons or both.

You have to go far enough into the main story, where you fight that first dragon outside of Whiterun. After that, random dragon encounters will begin. Before that, they just don't happen.

Pretty underwhelming overall, but it's $5 for a home building, family building tool, if you feel it's worth it.

Considering I was looking for the those exact things to be in the game, that doesn't sound so bad.

Reminds me of the four add-ons they had for Oblivion with the fighter's castle, wizard tower, thieves den, and vampire lair. But those add-ons were fully developed, just had to furnish them. At least with this add-on it makes you feel like you're building a home and can sort of customize it.

I hope it will be included in the goty edition but I doubt it will as the four Oblivion home add-ons were not. It's looking more and more like I'm getting this game on xbox after putting so much time into it on ps3.

just did a lotr marathon and me and another guy couldn't stop noticing the similarities between edoras and whiterun.

edoras.jpg

also both cities' symbols are a horse, the stairs to the keep are similar, and theoden and balgruf look alike.

When I first started Skyrim, I also thought much of the region looked like LOTR. The lack of trees; tundra. The marshes, etc. They definitely took a page out of the LOTR books/movies, whatever.

Ok, a month after release Dawnguard on PC is still buggy as hell with constant ( every 30 minutes or so) lockups requiring a restart due to a C++ runtime error. Its not me, its all over the boards everywere. Its a known problem Bethesda doesnt seem to mind not fixing.

And they are getting set to release Hearthfire on Xbox in a few days! PS3 users dont have Dawnguard at all yet and PC uses are plagued by a major bug yet Xbox is going to get the next DLC before these things get fixed. Well played Bethesda. maybe just make your games an Xbox exclusive next time and save us all some grief. I still love the game so Im just ranting.

That aside wonder how much a massive house will cost. i have over a million gold right now....

And they say PS3 is better :lol:

I hate zombies. They shouldn't really have a place in Skyrim :(

Just because Bethesda can't make a bug-less PS3 version to release doesn't mean PS3 is worse. Lol.

Seriously they should work on getting ALL the systems to have Dawnguard before releasing the next DLC..... :picard:

You have to go far enough into the main story, where you fight that first dragon outside of Whiterun. After that, random dragon encounters will begin. Before that, they just don't happen.

Yeah, I did that one about 3 months ago. But 32 hours without a dragon seemed like a long time! I got one last night, finally, but that probably took the streak to c.35 hours of play.

Can you download Hearthfire without downloading Dawnguard?

Ok, a month after release Dawnguard on PC is still buggy as hell with constant ( every 30 minutes or so) lockups requiring a restart due to a C++ runtime error. Its not me, its all over the boards everywere. Its a known problem Bethesda doesnt seem to mind not fixing.

And they are getting set to release Hearthfire on Xbox in a few days! PS3 users dont have Dawnguard at all yet and PC uses are plagued by a major bug yet Xbox is going to get the next DLC before these things get fixed. Well played Bethesda. maybe just make your games an Xbox exclusive next time and save us all some grief. I still love the game so Im just ranting.

That aside wonder how much a massive house will cost. i have over a million gold right now....

Bethesda should incorporate taxes into the game so you have to pay weekly or whatever to keep your house. Also, make eating and drinking mandatory. I have a downloadable mod for this so it forces me to buy raw ingredients to make the soups, cook beef, etc. You know, give more purpose to using gold aside from just hording it which becomes the case at a certain point. I spend probably a few hundred gold a week on food alone.

Bethesda should incorporate taxes into the game so you have to pay weekly or whatever to keep your house. Also, make eating and drinking mandatory. I have a downloadable mod for this so it forces me to buy raw ingredients to make the soups, cook beef, etc. You know, give more purpose to using gold aside from just hording it which becomes the case at a certain point. I spend probably a few hundred gold a week on food alone.

Played Asherons Call over 10 years ago and one of the main things people bitched about was having to do tedious things all the time in game before they could go out and do fun things (like killing dragons) You wanted arrows, you had to fletch them yourself. Wanted to cast spells, you needed to collect an armlength list of ingredients for each spell. It was boring as hell and everybody hated it. They eventually streamlined it down dramatically due to the complaints. I dont need that type of thing added to any game thank you.

Played Asherons Call over 10 years ago and one of the main things people bitched about was having to do tedious things all the time in game before they could go out and do fun things (like killing dragons) You wanted arrows, you had to fletch them yourself. Wanted to cast spells, you needed to collect an armlength list of ingredients for each spell. It was boring as hell and everybody hated it. They eventually streamlined it down dramatically due to the complaints. I dont need that type of thing added to any game thank you.

And thankfully people create mods so you can fletch your own arrows, and so on. +1 in the realism department

Archived