The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Osama Bin Laden Killed

Captain Bob

Childish spite aside, there are more practical reasons for keeping the evidence longer than 24 hours, such as doing more thorough examinations and putting it out on display to eliminate all doubt and satisfy the skeptics. It should take precedence over his religious beliefs.

It's not about bin laden's regious beliefs. the care was made to not alienate the msulim world, who may see this as another slaughter of a muslim by christians.

I'm sure when time is right, there will be pics and videos for all to see.

They just showed some guy who tweeted, on twitter the whole sequence of events and he had no idea he was tweeting about the raid, all he knew is helicopters were above his house and things were exploding next door in the compound.

They just showed some guy who tweeted, on twitter the whole sequence of events and he had no idea he was tweeting about the raid, all he knew is helicopters were above his house and things were exploding next door in the compound.

Yes you can. It's under #VirtualReally or something like that.

Sorry it's #ReallyVirtual

here's a tweet from a few hours ago:

I apologize for reporting the operation 'unwittingly/unknowingly' - had I known about it, I would have tweeted about it 'wittingly' I swear.

TweetDeck • 11-05-02 20:10

It's really astonishing how different the views on this forum are compared to those on my German soccer board, where I am a regular and know many people from real life very well. I don't want to defend my positions from two hours ago, it was over the top, and I got it. But just to show you how the mainstream across the pond reacted to it, I decided to translate some opinions from reliable and intelligent users who I deem to be capable of political discussion:

George W. gratulated Obama already. He will be glad that he does not have to show up in the Hague now.

Still hard to believe he was found in a mansion in the middle of a Pakistani city full of civilians and so close to a police station. Maybe this has been mentioned in previous posts so I apologize in advance, but it just makes me wonder how it took the US this long to identify the location (or at least suspect) when that mansion had obvious security features such as those high walls and barbed wires. I think I also read somewhere that it was built for 5 years already? Did the US just not trust some of the sources from the Pakistani officials?

And again, sorry if this has been mentioned, but has there been confirmation that this was or was not a joint operation with any Pakistani agencies? Kinda hard for me to keep up to date fast as I don't have a TV.

Still hard to believe he was found in a mansion in the middle of a Pakistani city full of civilians and so close to a police station. Maybe this has been mentioned in previous posts so I apologize in advance, but it just makes me wonder how it took the US this long to identify the location (or at least suspect) when that mansion had obvious security features such as those high walls and barbed wires. I think I also read somewhere that it was built for 5 years already? Did the US just not trust some of the sources from the Pakistani officials?

And again, sorry if this has been mentioned, but has there been confirmation that this was or was not a joint operation with any Pakistani agencies? Kinda hard for me to keep up to date fast as I don't have a TV.

Archived