The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official NHL 12 Thread.

BoKnowsHockey

What the heck I just had the weirdest thing happen. I was playing BaP on the Vancouver Giants against Prince George. Brendan Gallagher got a penalty, and Brendan Jensen (VAN goalie) goes to the bench at the same time the PG goalie does. But then as Jensen is going on the bench, Mark Segal (other VAN goalie) jumps off the bench without wearing a helmet. Unfortunately I couldn't see what would happen next as my team got the puck. I'll put up a video in a bit.

edit: And now Segal is the goalie playing. I don't even what?

edit2: Ok now I'm totally confused. This happened in the middle of the second, and now I'm looking at the post game stats, and Jensen only played 1:49, compared to Segal's 57:55. So did Jensen go on in releif of Segal (who had given up like 5-6 goals already) then decide while play was going on, "Nah don't feel like playing anymore" and go to the bench? I'm so confused by what happened this game.

I have just started simming on BeAGM and i am actually finding lots of little improvements. Same basic problems still exist (I mean why the f*A@&*()&&*( can't I just edit my lines during the off season? Really...) but the increased injuries, although some have complained, make it far more realistic and more difficult...the trade offers are less ridiculous...and it takes longer to sim through everything which seemed like a bad thing at first but I realized it just makes it much more hands on...now i can't get away with just bombing through a couple of seasons I actually have to take my time ala EHM.

Only thing that pisses me off is you can't quit during a game now. Yes I know, now you can't cheat, but sometimes I start a game and realize i've made a lineup error and want to quit right away and I cant...booooo

Got bored, so i wrote out my Be a GM roster...

Vancouver Canucks, Be A GM NHL12

Record as of February 2nd 2012 update: 31-15-4 Lead the NHL with 66 Points.

NOTE: This is my 'fun' Be A GM with NHL Cap OFF, I decided to play this until the Jets Get their Jerseys as well as Ice Caps Jerseys, as well I do sim and play games based on the competitiveness of the opposition based on record.

I play over 80% of the NHL games, and never play the AHL games.

Contracts On Main Roster (Overall, Player Name, Salary, Potential Rating, Notes)

91 D. Sedin 6.1m C

91 H. Sedin 6.1m C

88 R Kesler 5m C

83 K Bieksa 4.6m C

83 Raymond 2.55m C

83 Burrows 2m C

83 Samuelsson 2.5m C (Trying to find him a new home, he always seems to get injured, has played a total of 7 games this season, not in a row either).

83 Edler 3.25m C

82 Ballard 4.2m C

82 Malholtra 2.5m C

82 Cumiskey 0.7m C (last year on contract, Forget who i traded to Col for him.. Alberts and some draft pick position).

82 Hamhuis 4.5m C

82 Higgins 1.9m C

81 Lapierre 1m C

81 Sturm 1m C (trying to dish him off with Ebbett

81 Hansen 1.35m C

79 Ebbett 0.25m C (Trying to dish him off with Sturm)

78 Parent 0.925m B-

78 Hodgson 0.875m B

76 Shroeder 1.025m B-

Team Leaders;

Goals: D. Sedin with 29

Assists: D. Sedin 32

+/-: K. Cumiskey with +47

PIMS: K. Bieksa with 41

W: Schneider with 23

Team Overalls (With Shroeder Scratched).

OFF: 99 (no idea how this works).

DEF: 89 (expected to be at least 91 after offseason player growth).

GOA: 75 (expected to be 80+ or even 85+ after offseason player growth).

AHL Roster (Overall, Player Name, Salary, Potential Rating, Notes)

77 D.Rundblad 0.925m B- (picked up from Free-Agency at the beginning of the season).

75 M. Repik 0.89m B- (picked up from Free-Agency at the beginning of the season).

75 A. Sulzer 0.7m C

75 C. Tanev 0.9m B-

74 M. Bliznak 0.525m C

74 K. Connauton 0.9m C

74 M. Duco 0.55m C

74 M. Mancari 0.525m C

74 V. Oreskovich 0.605m C

74 Y. Sauve 0.67m B-

74 B. Sweatt 1.2m B-

73 N. Baumgartner 0.525m C

73 A. Lander 0.84m C (Actually never played an AHL game and this kid is my point leader on my AHL team).

73 S. Schneider 0.9m C

73 T. Erixon 0.9m B- (picked up from Free-Agency at beginning of season, pick this kid up for a big potential growth).

73 A. Volpatti 0.615m C

72 J. Jerabek 0.845m C

71 A. Rodin 0.815m B- (17 GP with 23 points on the AHL roster, not bad for a 71 OVR).

67 M. Zagrapan 0.525m B (should turn out to be a high 70's OVR player by the time his growth is done).

Players Currently Playing in CHL (Status, Overall, Name, Salary, Notes)

72 N. Neiderreiter 0.9m B- (Stupid Islanders sent him to the CHL before i picked him off them).

68 N. Jensen 0.735m B-

68 M. Sheifele N/A B- (picked off the Jets for a Draft Pick, forgot to sign him to a contract post-5758-1225601204.gif).

Goaltenders (Status, Overall, Name, Salary, Notes)

NHL (Starter) 84 C. Schneider 0.9m B

AHL (Starter) 76 B. Conz 0.925m B

NHL (Backup) 75 E. Lack 0.9m B

AHL (Scratch) 74 M. Climie 0.525m C

AHL (Backup) 69 J. Iilahti 0.785m B

CHL 64 J. Gibson 0.65m B-

Draft Picks Available for the 2012 Draft:

Vancouver - 2nd

Ottawa - 5th

Vancouver - 5th

Winnipeg - 6th

Vancouver - 6th

Vancouver - 7th

Cap is off, but the Cap hit is..

$53.855M on Main Roster.

$15.990M in the system Roster.

Trading Block

M. Samuelson

M. Sturm

M. Malholtra

M. Lapierre (Next in line after one of the others go)

Any Suggestions would certainly be appreciated.

EDIT: as of February 18th (in game) my AHL team has a 6 game winning streak.. With Eddie Lack Quarter Backing that streak in the AHL. The only modification i made before they went on that streak was putting Baumgartner in the lineup on the 3rd line D. All Sim-ed too.

I trade them at the end of contract. Kesler bumps up to first line.

You can get quite a bit for the two in a trade.. I have like 3 Solid first rounder prospects in a growth season in the CHL and Two more first round drafts picks in the top 5. Traded sturm + 7th rounder + unsigned polasek for a first rounder. Gotta love that haha.

I wouldn't sign Daniel to a 10M. Maybe offer him 8.5M. If you gotta go higher i mean, sign him then trade him. He's good, but not worth chuncking out that much cap.

was checking out the leaderboards for ranked OTP and saw myself at number 2 for RW this month.... surprised me quite a bit since I only play on weekends.

also 110th in ranked OTP all-time (all positions besides goalie)

anyone else here look at that kind of stuff?

Just absolutely stole an untouched Edler for 150 pucks :) But I was that close to getting TJ Oshie for 300. But I had just bought some contract cards and only had 314 left, and someone scooped me with 5 seconds left.

Decent-ish team now

Elias84 - Enterfeldt72 - Yip79 (2 NHLs and 1 Elitserien)

Hamilton73 - Wright75 - Fornataro73 (AHL line, 2 Norfolks)

Pettinger74 - Boos70 - Tallackson71 (DEL line)

Volpatti73 - Kaip70 - Andersson71 (AHL line, 2 Chicagos)

Edler83 - Tanev76 (Vancouver, NHL pairing)

Furrer75 - Roche77 (Bern, National League pairing)

Wotton71 - Duffy73 (Bridgeport, AHL pairing)

(Ray Bourque scratched)

Leclaire84

Pielmeier75

79 Team Potential

80 Team Chemistry

OFF 81

DEF 81

GOA 80

im finding be a gm actually better now that i have gotten used to the simming engine it actually runs quicker than nhl 11 allowing for a quicker season

however when i go to the trade screen and i sort all players by potential or trade value or something else if i go to a different team it never stays the same way i have to resort them its easier to go through the contracts screen to find players i want

trading still seems a bit off when getting offered the same trade although it doesn't happen as much as nhl 11 it does still happen about 1/2 the time and actually the trade offers i do get seem more realistic this year and less crap being offered

I'm back baby. After being down out of Online for around a week and a half, I finally have online back.

Bought a new PS3, and had to phone Sony because my account was already activated on 5 PS3's. They deactivated them for me, but they said it's a one time thing. It's nice to know my account is only on my PS3 though.

Archived