The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Honzik Talk

b3.

Why does this coach pull his goalies so much?

3 Goals on 16 is obviously not great, but to blame the goalie is dumb. Especially when the other guy comes in and lets in 4 on 16.

This has been happening all season. It's not just the goaltending, it's the team in front of them.

There are three things that are certain in this world: Death, taxes, and David Honzik being pulled after two periods. Yesterday he allowed 8 goals on 28 shots for Cape Breton in a 12-2 loss to the Moncton Wildcats. Backup Alex Bureau took over and allowed 4 goals on 11 shots the rest of the way.

Given the final scoreline, I think that might have been more of a mercy pull for Honzik, rather than the coach's usual failed attempt to shake his team up by pulling him.

Honzik was pulled almost half way through the 3rd period after allowing 5 goals on 33 shots in what would be a 6-0 loss for Cape Breton to the P.E.I. Rocket. Bureau took over and stopped 6 of 7 shots.

Don't ask me why one would bother switching goalies with 14 minutes to go in the game when you're down 5-0.

Honzik was the backup to Alex Bureau on Sunday in a 3-2 win for Cape Breton over the Saint John Sea Dogs. Bureau stopped 26 of 28 shots in the win.

Cape Breton plays again today against the powerhouse Halifax Mooseheads. I wonder who the Screaming Eagles coaching staff decides is best to put in net, Honzik or Bureau?

QMJHL regular season is now over, and Cape Breton finished dead last. Honzik did the best that he could on a brutal team, but it sounds like he was left out to dry most nights.... hopefully he gets a chance to prove himself at the pro level.

Honzik's season stats:

32 GP, 4-23-1, 4.40 GAA, .873 SV%, 1 SO

QMJHL regular season is now over, and Cape Breton finished dead last. Honzik did the best that he could on a brutal team, but it sounds like he was left out to dry most nights.... hopefully he gets a chance to prove himself at the pro level.

Honzik's season stats:

32 GP, 4-23-1, 4.40 GAA, .873 SV%, 1 SO

Archived