The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Honzik Talk

b3.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

his stats have been getting better and better and he's finally getting into the swing of things. due to the nature of his start (being out for so long from injury, coming back midseason, etc, and being blown out a couple times while getting back, his low stats are going to be extremely misleading. progression is what we should be looking for right now with honzik, and it's starting to show.

Honzik was always meant to be a project player. But there's a reason why he was on alot of scout's radars.

If there's one thing Czech leagues know, it's how to churn out goaltenders. And he was the second highest rated goalie in his draft year.

He has had a set back with his injury, but that doesn't mean you just give up on him. His upside is still really good.

It means I don't want the Canucks signing more players that can't play at the AHL level than they already have. A decent stretch to close out the season might be all the Canucks need to see to justify signing a kid that can't play just because he is a draft choice.

If they judge that they need another goalie in the system this summer I would prefer that they take a look at undrafted goalies that are better than Honzik, The CHL alone is full of graduating goalies that are superior to Honzik. Add in NCAA and Europe and you have a large pool of undrafted and superior-to-Honzik goaltenders The Eddie Lack story comes to mind here.

It means I don't want the Canucks signing more players that can't play at the AHL level than they already have. A decent stretch to close out the season might be all the Canucks need to see to justify signing a kid that can't play just because he is a draft choice.

If they judge that they need another goalie in the system this summer I would prefer that they take a look at undrafted goalies that are better than Honzik, The CHL alone is full of graduating goalies that are superior to Honzik. Add in NCAA and Europe and you have a large pool of undrafted and superior-to-Honzik goaltenders The Eddie Lack story comes to mind here.

Archived