• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,532 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:57 PM

Alexandre Grenier

Right Wing

Born Sep 5 1991  -- Laval, PQ 

Height 6.05 -- Weight 200 -- Shoots R

Selected by Vancouver Canucks round 3 #90 overall 2011 NHL Entry Draft

--- Regular Season ---  ---- Playoffs ----

Season   Team                        Lge    GP    G    A  Pts  PIM  GP   G   A Pts PIM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010-11  Quebec Remparts             QMJHL  31    9   15   24    6  15   8   8  16   4

2011-12  Halifax Mooseheads          QMJHL  64   25   39   64   42  17   4  12  16  19

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

#2 Guest_AriGold_*

Guest_AriGold_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:30 AM

. http://www.hockeydb.....php?pid=134706

Edited by AriGold, 25 June 2011 - 09:31 AM.

#3 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,664 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:31 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGuJVpGFp-8
http://dansallows.co...xandre-grenier/

Only hockey fans of the QJAAAHL’s Saint-Jérôme Panthers had heard of Alexandre Grenier before the start of this year, but the 19-year-old got an opportunity with the QMJHL’s Québec Remparts halfway through the season and ran with it. The 6-foot-5, 201-pound right winger potted 9 goals and 28 points in 31 games for the Remparts during the regular season, and racked up another 8 goals and 16 points in 15 playoff games. He also scored an impressive 60 points, on 25 goals and 35 assists in just 33 games for the Panthers. Last season, Grenier amassed 54 points, on 26 goals and 28 assists, and averaged 1.33 points per game in his two years with St-Jérôme. Along with having excellent size and reach, he is a good skater, with nice hands, good puckhandling skills, has a tremendous release, adept hockey sense and vision, and plays an overall complete game. So much so, that Québec head coach Patrick Roy would rely on Grenier in several key situations late in the season. At the recent QMJHL Draft, Halifax Mooseheadsm GM Cam Russell traded his 11th overall Euro Pick and PEI’s 4th round pick to Quebec in exchange for the late blooming, somewhat enigmatic forward. Which should improve a club that went a dreadful 20-43-2-3 last season. With his impressive size and overall skill set, it is hard not to imagine Grenier drawing some attention come the 2011 NHL Entry Draft this June.

2010-11 Team: Saint-Jérôme Panthers QJAAAHL/Québec Remparts QMJHL

Born: Laval, QC. September 5, 1991.
NHL Draft Eligibility: 2009
Position: Right Wing
Height: 6.5
Weight: 201
Shoots: Right
2010-11 Statistics (Québec Remparts, QMJHL):
31 GP, 9 G, 15 A, 28 PTS
(Saint-Jérôme Panthers, QJAAAHL):
33 GP, 25 G, 35 A, 60 PTS
2009-10 Statistics (Saint-Jérôme Panthers QJAAAHL):
51 GP, 26 G, 28 A, 54 PTS

Edited by avelanch, 25 June 2011 - 09:31 AM.

#4 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:33 AM

More size to help out Schroeder...

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#5 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,759 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:34 AM

6'5"? Me likey :)

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#6 GarthButcher5

GarthButcher5

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:35 AM

19 year old, where has he been the last two years?

#7 b3.

b3.

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • 26,532 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

He will play for the Halifax Mooseheads next year, which is where another one of our prospects play [Sawyer Hannay]. From the looks of it, he had a pretty good playoffs. I just wonder if he's a good skater or not.
Posted Image

#8 ballsdeepfreeze

ballsdeepfreeze

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:44 AM

Another head-scratcher by MG and Co. today...
Posted Image

#9 GarthButcher5

GarthButcher5

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

Another head-scratcher by MG and Co. today...

Hey, all the scouts do is watch hockey, nothing wrong with bucking the trend at this points of the draft if you think there may be a sleeper lurking around.

#10 ballsdeepfreeze

ballsdeepfreeze

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:14 AM

Hey, all the scouts do is watch hockey, nothing wrong with bucking the trend at this points of the draft if you think there may be a sleeper lurking around.

Can it Garth,

I dislike French-Canadian players like this...

This guy is going to be our new Marc-Andre Bernier (see 2003 draft), mark my words.
Posted Image

#11 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:28 AM

He was passed over the 2009 and 2010 draft.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#12 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,436 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:32 AM

Love this pick. Size and Skill.

#13 One one two

One one two

Got skipped

• Members
  • 7,879 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

He was passed over the 2009 and 2010 draft.

After reading avalanch's post, he's a bit of a late bloomer, I'm guessing.

#14 One one two

One one two

Got skipped

• Members
  • 7,879 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

Can it Garth,

This guy is going to be our new Marc-Andre Bernier (see 2003 draft), mark my words.

Wow.

Personally, I care more about the individual character of a player than if they're French or not.

#15 JoeyBats

JoeyBats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:22 AM

LOL French players suck??

Tell that to Bergeron, Lecavlier(sp?), St.louis, Broduer, and countless, COUNTLESS other stars

#16 Honeydew

Honeydew

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

French-Canadians suck?

Burrows do we really want him?
Posted Image

#17 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,759 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:15 PM

Can it Garth,

Wow. Seriously? Get out. This is pure racism. Just because he's French Candadian means he's a bust? Just like all those other awful French-Canadians on our team and the league. Ballsdeepfreeze, you're a disgrace.

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#18 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

A big specimen on our hands who has a great skating stride and the will to score. Will be a very nice turn out for us. Love this pick already.

2moy3iq.png

#19 Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

Can it Garth,

That's some nice prejudice there.
EMBRACE THE HATE

#20 EternalCanuckFan

EternalCanuckFan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

I guess at his age he'll be making the jump to the AHL/ECHL after this season? A late-bloomer in junior like this makes me think that he might require some testing in the pros before a better picture of his potential is available... That said, his size, skating ability and offensive upside can't help but generate a little bit of excitement right now.

#21 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:42 PM

He was over a PPG in the playoffs last year with the Remparts.

15 Games Played - 8G, 8A - 16 PTS

He also had a good regular season with the Remparts when he joined half way through, and played 31 games while recording 24 pts. His size is what'll get him a bottom 9 role when he's ready to step in, IMO.

vykJJ.jpgk5COD.jpgxd8CQ.jpg

#22 dr.naughtypants

dr.naughtypants

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:46 AM

I don't know anything about the kid, at all

But that's never stopped me before. lol

Being 6.5', he might have taken awhile to get used to his body.

Things like co-ordination, hand-eye and just not tripping over your own feet can be hard when someone gets that tall.

Man-Child

By the way he has found his game, he probably is just finding his comfort level and becoming a man.  

Beast in the making.

As for the French Canadian nonsense, unlike Burrows, this monster would have bitten those fingers right off.

Edited by dr.naughtypants, 26 June 2011 - 06:47 AM.

Does your mommy know you are using the computer?

#23 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:00 PM

Can it Garth,

Posted Image

Anyway, the Canucks might send him back to juniors for an overage season... they probably want to work with him and get his development in order. The team feels that he's got talent but hasn't had a whole lot of coaching, so maybe it'd be good for him if he plays one more year with a team where he'll be getting lots of ice time. Lets him grow as a player and get into a rhythm offensively.

Can't help but be intrigued by that combination of size, speed and skill. Don't know if he plays nasty or not as he has low PIMS, or is just very disciplined, but if he develops a mean streak that would be sick. Posted Image
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#24 chickenman92

chickenman92

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

I will be posting a blog on him soon so Canucks fans can get to know him better.

after talking to him via email he seems like a real good kid with strong values who was a bit of a late bloomer. I think Canucks fans will be plenty happy with.

TAKE JAKE! ... we gotta get T-Shirts made up. 

That is all

TEESHIRT

#25 wolfgang puck

wolfgang puck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:52 PM

cool...look forward to it as he's a bit of wildcard who had very little exposure in the Q.

#26 Twin 3

Twin 3

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:09 PM

beast
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

#27 bAsRa17

bAsRa17

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

This guy with Archiblad and Schroder. The smaller Schroder gets two big bodies. I want to see that lineup in the AHL

#28 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

Hope he dominates the Q next year.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#29 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:33 PM

This guy with Archiblad and Schroder. The smaller Schroder gets two big bodies. I want to see that lineup in the AHL

When I first saw Grenier's age I thought much the same but Schroeder also needs a veteran AHLer to help him figure out his own pro game, nevermind assist two AHL rookies with theirs.

We signed Mark Mancari for a reason and I think that reason is to help Schroeder. Archibald-Schroeder-Mancari would give him a similar combination that he had with Colin Wilson and James VanRiemsdyk but with the AHL's best player* on right wing.

"We think we have got the two best American League players and they are going to compete for a spot on our team," Gillis said.

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz1RBbF6EVe

If Mancari doesn't make the team, which seems to be the most likely scenario when you consider he barely made a Buffalo squad in comparison to the defending Western Conference Champion Canucks, it's off to Chicago to help develop our young offensive players like Schroeder.

As for Grenier, he'd best return to the Q under Roy's tutelage for more seasoning. Powerforwards take a long time to develop so it's better if he gets top-line minutes in the Q than 4th line minutes in the A.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#30 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,664 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:37 AM

When I first saw Grenier's age I thought much the same but Schroeder also needs a veteran AHLer to help him figure out his own pro game, nevermind assist two AHL rookies with theirs.

We signed Mark Mancari for a reason and I think that reason is to help Schroeder. Archibald-Schroeder-Mancari would give him a similar combination that he had with Colin Wilson and James VanRiemsdyk but with the AHL's best player* on right wing.

If Mancari doesn't make the team, which seems to be the most likely scenario when you consider he barely made a Buffalo squad in comparison to the defending Western Conference Champion Canucks, it's off to Chicago to help develop our young offensive players like Schroeder.

As for Grenier, he'd best return to the Q under Roy's tutelage for more seasoning. Powerforwards take a long time to develop so it's better if he gets top-line minutes in the Q than 4th line minutes in the A.

He's 20 years old on Sept 5th, 6'5" and north of 200 lbs... he has nothing to gain playing against the kids of the QMJHL. His size alone makes that league too easy for him. He qualifies to play in the AHL and that's exactly what he should do; it'll help him develop more and will give him more of a challenge. Even the ECHL would help him more than the QMJHL. The CHL as an overager is ok for later round draft picks lacking size or undrafted players, but for someone of his size, it's more of a hindrance to his development. he needs to get used to playing against larger/faster/stronger opponents as soon as possible to get his progression underway. If he doesn't get top 9 min in the AHL, then he'd be better off in the ECHL getting top 6 min; but the CHL would be a bad call in every situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.