The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

Guest Dasein

I think it is more likely that Kitchener gets knocked out 2nd or 3rd round. Belleville has the better chance of going further. Although deep down I really want to see our 3 O prospects on the wolves before season end.

Kitchener has Gibson. He has the ability to steal a series against any team IMO, so they will go as far as he will take them. Similarly, Belleville will go only so far as Subban can. He's a good goaltender, but inconsistent.

Belleville certainly has a better team, but Kitchener has an unreal goaltender. I wouldn't say one or the other has a huge advantage in making it far in the playoffs. It all depends on whether Kitchener's goaltending can take them that far, or Belleville's goaltending won't cost them early on.

Will be interesting to see how Kitchener-London series goes.

London won regular season series 4-2 with no games going to overtime.

I think with how the 1st series went, Corrado needs to step it up offensively, he has played well in a shutdown role so far, but I think in order to complete a upset they will atleast need to see a few apples out of him.

Frank and Evan had to handle a lot of tough minutes as one of the Rangers' other shutdown guys went down with an injury in the first. All things considered they have both been playing admirably against London's top line. I think both of these guys are going to be beasts for us down the road.

Kitchener has only scored 1 goal this series, I think it's more a matter of london's goalie and defense playing lights out.

Is it bad that I don't mind them getting eliminated so we could see corrado with the wolves as soon as this coming weekend?

Not necessarily. I mean, obviously we want our prospects to do as well as possible, but Kitchener was not a favourite to make it passed the 2nd round anyways so it is more expected than anything. Besides, their elimination gives Arniel 2 new options on D which may make the difference of making the playoffs, a spot Chicago is slowly losing down the final stretch. I'm worried the Wolves do not make the playoffs eliminating the chance for our O prospects to get any time with Chicago before summer.

Kitchener is just overmatched against London. Just unfortunate for Corrado and Mceneny.

Yeah, I like the McEneny/Corrado pairing though, very rarely are you going to see two prospects from the same organisation playing paired together in the OHL, would be nice to see them get a few games as the bottom pairing in Chicago. Quick question if anyone can answer it. Can McEneny play in the AHL next year because he wasn't drafted and signed as a FA instead? Not completely familiar with all the CHL rules. about prospects.

Not necessarily. I mean, obviously we want our prospects to do as well as possible, but Kitchener was not a favourite to make it passed the 2nd round anyways so it is more expected than anything. Besides, their elimination gives Arniel 2 new options on D which may make the difference of making the playoffs, a spot Chicago is slowly losing down the final stretch. I'm worried the Wolves do not make the playoffs eliminating the chance for our O prospects to get any time with Chicago before summer.

There is a worry that Chicago misses the playoffs too, but hopefully he gets some good experience out of it. Still, Belleville would have been a nice destination for Corrado to be traded to. Freaking Spott...

But if they get to play on the Wolves hopefully they'll get some ice time and not press box duty like the ECHL kids are getting right now.

And btw your avy is hilarious! :lol:

Archived