The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

120px-Pittsburgh_Penguins_logo.svg.pngPenguins.gif?t=1311099060PRESS RELEASE - TRADE & SIGNINGS

The Pittsburgh Penguins are very excited to welcome a numer of recent additions to the organization.

We'd like to welcome, Mike Komisarek to the team. Mike is a big and physical former first round draft pick that will add size and a physically punishing element to our defence. Mike is a veteran who according to GM Sharpshooter,"Is a team guy and can be a positive influence on the other young defence." Mike played very well towards the end of last season, and he's come into camp in great shape according to him. "I am fitter this year. I’m lighter, and hopefully it translates on the ice.” he went on to say, "“I did a lot more hockey-functional stuff, ran, more explosive stuff like sprints and jumping”.

Along with an addition to defence, the Penguins acquired last year's 8th overall draft selection, forward Sean Couturier.

Sean Couturier has everything a team could ask for in a center. He’s 6’4″ 191 lbs. He has great hands and vision and plays a very solid two-way game. He’s also not afraid to use his size. In 2009-2010 he won the Jean Beliveau Trophy as the QMJHL’s leading scorer and in 2010-2011 he won the Michel Briere trophy as the league’s most-valuable player. It’s no surprise that Couturier was named MVP. He plays a ton of minutes for the Drummondville Voltigeurs. He kills penalties,plays the power play and takes all of the important faceoffs. Some nights it seems like he plays over 40 minutes because he’s out there so much and when he’s out there he makes everyone notice.

The Penguins believe that Sean has a chance of making the lineup this year, but are just as happy for the big forward to get another year of seasoning and development in Wilkes-Barrie. This kid is a keeper and will be part of the next wave of young talent that's about ready to come on-line for the Pens.

With the recent trade of James Reimer, GM Sharpshooter was in search for a goaltender to play a vital backup to Varlamov this year. He went out and got two! Antero Niitymaki was acquired for Future Considerations recently, and Antero is a solid NHL backup, who can play in a starting position if the need be as a result of injury. Antero may elect to go under the knife early this season to address a lingering groin issue from last season. It's hard to say whether or not any decision has been made, but GM Sharpshooter took no chances and immediately went out and signed the capable and potential NHL ready Thomas Greiss.

Greiss, had a 2.92 GAA and .901 save percentage in 32 Swedish Elite League games last season, and with a long look at camp this year and a potential long look during the season, Greiss could be fighting for the Penguins back-up spot.

The Penguins would also like to welcome defencive prospect Bobby Sanguinetti and forward prospect Luca Caputi to the organization. Bobby is a offencive defenceman who will be given an oppurtunity to stay with the team this year, and Luca will also be given an oppurtunity to make the team, out of camp, if they both are able to show the team executives that they are ready.

The Penguins would like to wish Nick, Derek, Tomas, all the best with their respective clubs.

And finally, GM Sharpshooter would like to extend his thanks to GM Aixtek and GM Moonwalker for their professionalism in making their deals a pleasurable experience.

Question about wiavers during the season.

If a player has 'No' next to their name under the 'Waiver' category, does that mean that player can be called and sent down to the minors as many times during the regular season as a GM likes? Or are they subject to being picked up by another team at any point on the way up or on the way down?

Question about wiavers during the season.

If a player has 'No' next to their name under the 'Waiver' category, does that mean that player can be called and sent down to the minors as many times during the regular season as a GM likes? Or are they subject to being picked up by another team at any point on the way up or on the way down?

In theory it means the player can be sent down or called up from the minors as many times as wanted.

HOWEVER a player must be 24 years of age or under and have played in less than 100 NHL regular season games to be eligible for not having to clear wiavers. So keep track of your player's birthday and games played.

Also there has been one or two errors with the capsheets in the past, no offense c2x. But best thing to do is keep track for yourself to avoid any problems.

Hope that helps.

If anyone is wondering how the Winnipeg Jets and Columbus Blue Jackets prospects look tomorrow night at the MTS Centre, let me know. I'll be up in Section 325 FOR THE RETURN OF THE WINNIPEG JETS!!!! (Pre-season, I know, but it's still pretty damn awesome)!

I am jealous, you lucky.... Lol

But if I can score tickets somehow, I'll get to a game at MTS Centre this season

If anyone is wondering how the Winnipeg Jets and Columbus Blue Jackets prospects look tomorrow night at the MTS Centre, let me know. I'll be up in Section 325 FOR THE RETURN OF THE WINNIPEG JETS!!!! (Pre-season, I know, but it's still pretty damn awesome)!

David Aebischer, Zach Bogosian, Mark Stuart, Alex Burmistrov, Andrew Ladd, Troy Bodie, Janne Pesonen, Patrice Cormier, Ondrej Pavelec, Dustin Byfuglien, Paul Postma, Arturs Kulda, Mark Scheifele, Ben Maxwell, Ivan Telegin, Brett Festerline, Jason Gregoire, Shayne Wiebe, Kevin Clark and Nik Antropov line up for the Winnipeg Jets tomorrow night versus the Blue Jackets. Pretty good lineup!

David Aebischer, Zach Bogosian, Mark Stuart, Alex Burmistrov, Andrew Ladd, Troy Bodie, Janne Pesonen, Patrice Cormier, Ondrej Pavelec, Dustin Byfuglien, Paul Postma, Arturs Kulda, Mark Scheifele, Ben Maxwell, Ivan Telegin, Brett Festerline, Jason Gregoire, Shayne Wiebe, Kevin Clark and Nik Antropov line up for the Winnipeg Jets tomorrow night versus the Blue Jackets. Pretty good lineup!

Rumour: With training camp upon us, The Vancouver Canucks are looking to add some more scoring on the right wing. Sources are confirming that they are on the lookout for a 2nd/3rd line RW with some scoring punch. All players on the roster can be discussed in order to leave "no stone uncovered". PM the Canucks GM for further details.

Archived