3453 replies to this topic

#3451 87Crosby

87Crosby

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:16 PM

Falcao made 25 million in CAD doing jack crap.

He did score like twice... My second biggest disappointment this year as a United fan after di Maria, these 2 players aren't built for the Prem League

30hq2yh.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the sig

#3452 TheRussianRocket™

TheRussianRocket™

Abused Potato

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,000 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:47 PM

He did score like twice... My second biggest disappointment this year as a United fan after di Maria, these 2 players aren't built for the Prem League

Falcao was straight up money thrown down the sewer. Such a waste and agree he can't play in the EPL. As for ADM, I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet. Yea his first year was underwhelming but I think it had to do with a lot of factors outside of him with LVG and the team etc. I'm hopeful he'll be more comfortable next campaign and he'll bounce back.

tumblr_nfmdrowNrE1u1hiuoo1_250.gif <------------------------------------> tumblr_nfmdrowNrE1u1hiuoo2_250.gif

#3453 Not Alain Vigneault

Not Alain Vigneault

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,469 posts

Posted Today, 08:40 AM

Falcao was coming off a major injury.  Still underwhelmed this season but it takes a good while to get back to the dangerous form that he had.  i think by January 2016, he will start to look like the old Falcao.

Di Maria is suffering from Mesut Ozil syndrome.  Leave the team where you were seen as the "key", become the actual "key" elsewhere, and struggle to make the same amount of impact.  Now, I will agree that the PL is different from La Liga but in both cases, both players have gone from a top class supporting cast to teams that are a step below.

In Arsenal's case, it's really only Sanchez that's in the same class as Ozil, although Santi Cazorla played like a top-class midfielder this year.  Everyone else, at their best, is still an echelon below.  Understandable, it's harder to make an impact.

United could argue that Mata, Di Maria, Rooney, RVP, and the aforementioned Falcao, are all the same tier of player.  But RVP took several steps back, Falcao hugely out of form, and Mata got rag-dolled around the midfield.  Really only Rooney for Di Maria this season.

#3454 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,985 posts

Posted Today, 09:05 AM

^Mata really showed he was worth what United paid for him this year.

Was almost as good for them as he was in his Chelsea days.

kb71ZMt.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.