The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Johnny Canuck as an alternate third jersey?

bucsfan

I see this conversation has reared it's ugly head yet again.

While I'm a fan of Johnny Canuck as a secondary/tertiary logo, the only way to make it look presentable is to do something like this

Canucks-JustinCox.jpg?t=1340725150

In any case, I'd rather see the stick-in-rink become the full time jerseys before I worry about alternates.

I see this conversation has reared it's ugly head yet again.

While I'm a fan of Johnny Canuck as a secondary/tertiary logo, the only way to make it look presentable is to do something like this

Canucks-JustinCox.jpg?t=1340725150

In any case, I'd rather see the stick-in-rink become the full time jerseys before I worry about alternates.

• 2 weeks later...

@KickKassian 100 percent agreed,bring it on as the alternate third jersey! The stick in the rink is TOO DULL AND BORING and should remain a shoulder patch! We are not the Vancouver ORCA"S but the Vancouver CANUCKS!

We could always have a city in flames as our logo considering our reputation.

The orca is very west coast. Considering just recently we had killer whales spotted in English Bay, how much more west coast can you get?

Maybe if we had a more traditional native artwork orca instead of a stylized one?

It does seem rather lame to have some cartoon guy on your chest... it just isnt serious. Too kindergarten.

Its like the Calgary Flames having a cartoon fireman, or... like that fisherman with the Islanders, with the rubber booties.

Or the Anaheim Ducks with that Disneyish logo. Thats just so very lame.

We might as well put Charlie Brown on the front of the jersey, that would make as much sense to me.

• 11 months later...

It's time to make it happen! SCRAP THE ORCA! Do the right thing and rightfully put Johnny on front of the jersey. Go to you tube fellow readers and look at the Johnny Canuck practice jerseys the team wore at 2011 Superskills. It looks awesome! Team is cursed until the dorca bay whale gets scrapped and they continue to wear it!

It's time to make it happen! SCRAP THE ORCA! Do the right thing and rightfully put Johnny on front of the jersey. Go to you tube fellow readers and look at the Johnny Canuck practice jerseys the team wore at 2011 Superskills. It looks awesome! Team is cursed until the dorca bay whale gets scrapped and they continue to wear it!

Archived