The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Community!

GodzillaDeuce

I think people are expecting this to be a weaker season because of all the controversy. Losing Dan Harmon and Chevy Chase isn't as huge a deal as some make it out to be.

I really think a lot of people are falling into a confirmation bias trap because they bought into a lot of the negativity that has plagued the show's production. It isn't worse than before. Community is still hilarious and innovative, nothing very noticeable has changed at all.

I think people are expecting this to be a weaker season because of all the controversy. Losing Dan Harmon and Chevy Chase isn't as huge a deal as some make it out to be.

I really think a lot of people are falling into a confirmation bias trap because they bought into a lot of the negativity that has plagued the show's production. It isn't worse than before. Community is still hilarious and innovative, nothing very noticeable has changed at all.

Yes it is. It's been steadily going downhill since before Harmon left. I'd say it hasn't been particularly good since the end of season 2.

Yes it is. It's been steadily going downhill since before Harmon left. I'd say it hasn't been particularly good since the end of season 2.

I'm arguing there has been no change in quality while offering my rationale for why others perceive differences (confirmation bias). So can you explain why the show, according to you, has gone downhill? From your post I can only gather that you disagree with me, but you've provided no insight as to why, nor did you really address my arguement. I am asking out of genuine interest.

First three seasons are good

This season... Ummm Not so much

Watch the first three seasons.

Not sure which season I was watching, but one of the episodes was about the UN. I couldn't watch anymore after that one.

I was just watching it on TV so I wouldn't be able to find out which season I was watching.

First three seasons are good

This season... Ummm Not so much

This season has been rather underwhelming. It's had its moments, but no standout episode yet.

Not sure which season I was watching, but one of the episodes was about the UN. I couldn't watch anymore after that one.

I was just watching it on TV so I wouldn't be able to find out which season I was watching.

The UN one would be season 3. If you really want to get into Community, try these episodes:

"Debate 109"

"Contemporary American Poultry"

"Modern Warfare"

"Advanced Dungeons & Dragons"

"Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design"

"Remedial Chaos Theory"

"Pillows and Blankets"

"Digital Estate Planning"

My favourite's gotta be Remedial Chaos Theory. Alternate timelines, chaos, character studies and other fun stuff.

This season has been rather underwhelming. It's had its moments, but no standout episode yet.

The UN one would be season 3. If you really want to get into Community, try these episodes:

"Debate 109"

"Contemporary American Poultry"

"Modern Warfare"

"Advanced Dungeons & Dragons"

"Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design"

"Remedial Chaos Theory"

"Pillows and Blankets"

"Digital Estate Planning"

My favourite's gotta be Remedial Chaos Theory. Alternate timelines, chaos, character studies and other fun stuff.

Are those episodes similar to the UN one? If not then I'll check them out, specifically the one you mentioned.

Are those episodes similar to the UN one? If not then I'll check them out, specifically the one you mentioned.

I honestly don't remember much about the UN one except Annie throwing that cringe-worthy temper tantrum and the weird floating heads. The only funny thing I remember from that episode was Asian Annie, so I'm not surprised you didn't like it.

• 1 month later...

http://www.slate.com...fth_season.html

The Brightest Timeline: Dan Harmon Returning to Community

By Aisha Harris | Posted Monday, June 3, 2013, at 12:33 PM

Over the past year, Community has provided numerous off-screen surprises. First, its showrunner and creative center Dan Harmon was ousted from the show after internal conflict with NBC back in May of 2012. Then, the date Oct. 19 became a running joke for Community fans after the show’s Season 4 premiere was pushed back to February. Chevy Chase, a frequent source of tension on the set, left the show midway through filming. And after a less-than-stellar (and shortened) Harmon-less season with generally unimproved ratings, NBC raised eyebrows when it decided to renew the show for a fifth go-round.

As if all those twists and turns weren’t enough, this weekend brought the most unexpected development in the series’ rollercoaster history so far: Community will be Harmon-less no more, with the series’ creator returning as showrunner, along with former writer and executive producer Chris McKenna. Harmon himself confirmed the news on Twitter over the weekend, crediting one of the show’s stars, Joel McHale, as the reason for his return.

This is the biggest curveball yet for fans of the show—and likely the most joyous news they could hope for. Harmon’s apparent enthusiasm now is a far cry from his acrimonious departure—and while he may have had to swallow some of his pride to return to those who ousted him in the first place, it seems notable that NBC recognized how far off track the show became without him involved.

Now more questions arise. Will Chase return as well? Probably not: Harmon also tweeted a list of “deal breakers” for his deal with Sony Pictures Television, and named all of the main cast members except for Chase, with whom he has had a very contentious relationship. Will Community be able to reclaim its former glory? Even with Harmon back, will fans be willing to stick around for a fifth season?

The answers to those questions are, obviously, less certain. But whatever the results, we have a reason to look forward to more Community again. And even if we don’t get six seasons and a movie, at least there’s restored hope that the study group can go out on top.

Archived