40 replies to this topic

#31 Starting Schneids

Starting Schneids

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:42 AM

i was at the game and he sung the canadian anthem HORRIBLY. his voice lit the arena up? didnt hear the fans singing the anthem like they usually do, which is much more inspiring and throughout the game the fans were mad quiet. Did you imagine yourself at this game? i think you did.

he took like 6 years to sing them too. i cant be the only one who thought like get this fat kid off the ice and lets watch some hockey.

row 115, seats 6, 7.
Everyone has the right to an opinion. That doesn't mean that an opinion does not require respect. They go hand in hand, hence why there's dialogue in the world.

Mark's great with the fans, but kid's twelve, his talents amazing. Grow up. I didn't imagine myself there, I felt the energy around me as the people cheered on the American anthem... something that's quite rare.

Posted Image

The Ratio of Flame Fans compared to Canuck Fans...

#32 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:01 AM

kid blew the arena away, was electric

glad I picked that game to go to

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#33 jmd_canauckfan

jmd_canauckfan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

I was listening to the anthem on the radio at work without knowing who the singer was and everyone there thought it was absolutely terrible. I hate it when singers draw out the anthems and try to make classic pieces their own, and had the singer been an adult instead of a kid, people would be all over him or her. Yeah, the kid has an amazing voice, but if he really wants to showcase it and display his range and dynamics and how long he can hold a note he should be doing it in a concert, not at a hockey game.

#34 Chevykins

Chevykins

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

Wow! Cole you did a great job with the anthems again last night. I love listening to you sing.

#35 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

He was alright.. Couldn't exactly sing along with him though cause he kept going up and down with his notes and it was like.... The white pants were also a little "what the hell" but hey he has some good singing talent, just not really fit to sing national anthems at a hockey game.

Posted Image

#36 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

He was alright.. Couldn't exactly sing along with him though cause he kept going up and down with his notes and it was like.... The white pants were also a little "what the hell" but hey he has some good singing talent, just not really fit to sing national anthems at a hockey game.

my thoughts exactly, the kid is a great singer but you have to tailor your singing to your audience its not the opera im watching a hockey game (or so i thought till i saw the white hoochie pants)

#37 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,354 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

thought it was horrible, I don't care if he's a kid thats not how you sing an anthem
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#38 Chevykins

Chevykins

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

What do white pants and opera have to do with each other and why would that bother you? Not quite sure about your observation there. I believe that's what the kids are wearing now. He's only a kid, the future of our country. I think encouragement is the only advice here.

#39 Tom-The-Great

Tom-The-Great

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

I know Cole.. he's a good kid (well, I know his mother.. met him a few times).. I'm happy he's doing well.. he's an amazing talent.

#40 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

What do white pants and opera have to do with each other and why would that bother you? Not quite sure about your observation there. I believe that's what the kids are wearing now. He's only a kid, the future of our country. I think encouragement is the only advice here.

Nothing against it, just pointing out how it's a little odd.. This isn't a One Direction concert, it's a hockey game.

Edited by Django, 16 February 2013 - 07:19 PM.

Posted Image

#41 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

Again, the boy is just that.

But it is a hockey game and singing the anthem is an honour and a privilege in my view. I don't like the fact that some use it as their Canadian Idol audition and exploit it as something more. Sure, showcase our local talent with pride, but if the opportunity to sing the anthem is viewed as a platform to spring someone further in their career, then allow us to judge you in that.

If it wasn't a kid, I could really say how I feel, but any kid who has a talent and is passionate about that deserves our support. Kids can do no wrong in that. However, there's a reason the forum is for the fans and "no advertising" applies...because it then turns into something else if that isn't considered.

Nothing wrong with family being proud and saying "wow, did you see my boy last night?". But if it's a matter of anonymously garnering support to propel a career, then that goes beyond proud parent to something more of a hidden agenda to me.

I listened on the radio and then changed my thoughts on the performance when learning it was a child. So that about sums it up for me.

Just my two cents 0.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.