Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

David Booth

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
154 replies to this topic

Poll: David Booth (188 member(s) have cast votes)

Is David Booth worth it?

1. Yes (115 votes [61.17%])

Percentage of vote: 61.17%

2. Voted No (73 votes [38.83%])

Percentage of vote: 38.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#151 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

I don't see why we can't use both.

Let's get a few things straight.

No one can say Booth has shown any more grit than Higgins or Hansen and probably no more than Raymond for that matter. Yes I hear you but he is not putting in hits or taking them as far as I can see. He rushes around and uses his stick like a one handed sword half the time.

Booth up to now is no more a fit with Kes than Raymond is/was...........and in fact he is not as much of a fit.

Raymond CAN finish, put him through, or send him off on a breakaway and he will break a goalies heart. Annalise Booths goals, that kind of finish is NOT there.........yet.

Booth is fast but Raymond IS FASTER...........imo.

I am not "in love with Raymond" I just have this thing about loyalty andI don't believe in one sided comparisons. Let's get them both in the team at the same time and then let us make our judgements.
This is the Board that has a long list of written off players to it's name only to eat humble pie further down the line..............Bieksa, Rome, Salo, Burrows........and more recently Kes, Manny and now Raymond.

The only superior dif I am seeing is that Booth goes to the net more than Raymond. I also will observe that Raymond was more physical last year than ever before. Raymond stick handles better and might have a heavier shot, not sure about the shot. Fans are forgeting that Raymond never had a chance of playing with Higgins for an extended period either. I also can see Raymond on a full time PK duty which I don't see Booth capable of.

The jury is still out on whether Raymond will come back to form or not. Reports are good so far. If Raymond takes the top 2 line's right wing then where does Booth go? I think he goes in a package deal for a d-man.

#152 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:41 PM

I see a lot of promise, although he has to work on his passing, you can tell he didn't have many options of the Panthers. Other than that, I think he is coming along well, and it will take more time to get a good look at his potential. 4.3 is a bit much for someone who is getting his potential with the team assessed, but it was us dumping a couple of players to grab someone who could be useful and dumping salary as well. All things considered, a good choice, compared to what options we had, the right choice.

Edited by VanIsleNuckFan, 28 November 2011 - 03:27 PM.

#153 georgeparrosesmustache

georgeparrosesmustache

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:20 PM

slowly getting better every game

Posted Image

Pleasejustwin.

#154 The Coach

The Coach

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

Even without the added weight of Reinprecht's deal, this is a bad move.

Why did Florida suck? Because they had a roster full of slag and now this team is picking it all up...

Anyways,
the whole fiasco began with the piss poor idea of signing Sturm. He was a bag of rocks a few years back and had NOWhere to play on this team for what he was making. So that didn't pan out...ok now let's compound the problem by packaging him up with a player (Samuelsson) that can produce, even if spotty his numbers come year end are not bad. Now these were both FA acquisitions and if they walked there would have been no real loss from this teams roster or future. Instead these 2 were shipped off for an immediate burn of 2.05m. Now we also have a lacking player in Booth that is sucking up 4.25 that does not produce and we have him for 3+ more years.

All in all this was a terrible move by Gillis that did not fix any immediate issue and was yet another crap shoot on a marginally effective, overpaid player.

If Gillis is serious about not looking like a donkey (waves to AV) he needs to get Booth on a line with the Sedins so they can kick start him. If not, this will just go down as one of the first bad moves that brought down Mike Gillis as the GM of this team.

Idiotic bandwagoneers will never learn. Bye AV and hoelfully MG too

#155 Sixteen W's

Sixteen W's

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Not worth 4+ million right now. Maybe gets better next year.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.