The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian (Official Thread)

hyroglyphixs

I like Hodgson as a top-6 center, he has great skills to play that position however, I don't believe he was suited to be our 3rd line center. There's a sting with trading him away but I am not disappointed in the return. I like Zach Kassian a lot. Very tough, tenacious on the puck, and has solid offensive upside. As for now, I think he's perfect for our 3rd line wing but in the future I can see him crashing and banging with Booth and Kesler.

Stop using the excuse of COHO being stuck behind Henrik and Kesler to feel better about this retarded trade.

Hodgson could've easily been 2nd line center with Kesler and Booth on his wings.

Kassian could easily become Steve Bernier v2.0, good junior stats, big power forward game, no hands, questionable worth ethic.

I would've traded Raymond and whatever picks it took, before i even thought about COHO.

Do you see Pittsburgh trading Jordan Stall, because he's stuck behind Crosby and Malkin?

Come on guys lighten up. This is going to put us over the top. The toughness we added was way more important then CoHo. He had no future here, was never gonna be better then kesler and henrik. Gragnani can't be overlooked either. He is going to be great. I don't love the deal, but i like the deal. Excited to see what Kassian can bring the next few years. May be a cross between Bertuzzi and Lucic.

Stop using the excuse of COHO being stuck behind Henrik and Kesler to feel better about this retarded trade.

Hodgson could've easily been 2nd line center with Kesler and Booth on his wings.

Kassian could easily become Steve Bernier v2.0, good junior stats, big power forward game, no hands.

It sucks that Kassian had to come in lieu of CoHo being traded away, but I'll welcome him with open arms much like I've welcomed every player that's worn this jersey (with the exception of Mark Messier). To be realistic, this trade will benefit Cody in a lot of ways, as everyone and their dog knew Cody would never get a shot at top 6 minutes unless a long term injury, trade or retirement happened to Henrik or Kesler. He'll get his chance now on Buffalo, and I wish him the best of luck.

Hopefully Kassian can fine tune his game to be a good power forward and give the Canucks that grit they want for another long playoff run.

I don't mind this trade, I felt like I was slapped in the face when hearing it for the first time on Sportsnet, but Kassian is big and nasty what is he 6'3 or 6'4 and 240?? jeez, he can slot in with Kes & Booth if he shows chemistry, look at what he had with Luke Adam & Ville Leino, they had some pretty plays, but monkey boy Brad Marchand ain't going to be speed bag punching Danny anymore in the Finals for that matter.

Such a bad trade, we will be wondering what if' for years!.... Cam Neely... cough cough...what if kes or hank go down? we have no C that can slot in top 6 now,

3rd line cant score anymore, just like last year. Scoring depth is gone. Its not like Kassian is gonna come here and be this savior, hes playing in THE AHL right now.. he couldnt crack the Sabres 4th line...? Same with this other Grangani kid. Sure Hodgson cant beat Kes or Hank out for the top 2 lines right now, but We had him for next year as well and his value is only gonna go up and hes only gonna get better. just cause a player could play 1 or 2 line, doesnt mean he has too, i dont get how having too much depth at center is an issue and we should get rid of him just cause he isnt better than our top 2 in his rookie year?!? If this is the theory everyone is convincing themselves with, then we should have traded Schnieder as well!! It doesnt make any sense. He scored goals in all the hardest buildings to play in, SJ BOS DET NSH, plays his best hockey in big games at clutch times and has such a Captains poise about him for how young he is. We have been beating teams all year with the toughness we have, this is just dumb. His skill won us the Boston game, not toughness. Name one game we lost this year cause we werent 'tough' enough. I remember last year, MG said we were not gonna sell valuable assets to build our team with the intention of beating 1 team, last year it was Chicago, this year its Boston, and it looks like MG did the very thing he said he would not do last year. Terrible trade in my books.

All I can think of are past Vancouver first rounder draft picks that could play that we traded for dreck: Neely, Daley, Vaive, Derlago - this just does not feel good. Cody was money in the bank, now we have two pigs in a poke.

Kassian better be good, and he better be good in a hurry - with what we had, I saw a Stanley Cup contender, now I just see a great big question mark.

I swear ive had 11 emotional breakdowns because of this trade.. the day will come when we will HIGHLY regret letting cody go, I still am in denial and i don't know what to say except as of now I highly dislike MG for making this trade.

I know theres like a 0.01% chance but im just praying somehow someday in the future cody returns, and become our future captan like he was supposed to be.

Archived