The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reasons for Why Canucks Are Hated Around the NHL

bass19

if they are hated (which has been blown out of proportion by the media) it is because we are a good team. It's only been the last 3 or so years where the 'hate' has started, why? because we slowly started becoming a contender.

Look back at 2002-2003 or the WCE era in general, we weren't hated then why because we weren't cup favourites. Back then we had good offense and average goaltending at best. Now we have good offense mixed with some high level talent in our back end. It seems we have the whole package so obviously people are going to hate us. They are scared that if we face them in the playoffs we could send them home early ;)

I think all of Boston's goonery to start the season really changed people's opinions about Vancouver and made them hate Boston even more. Then there was Thomas' big Presidential snub which didn't go over well with any American.

Meanwhile the Canucks are one of the loosest bunch of guys in the league with guys like Bieksa cracking gags on TV all the time, then the AV-laughing-fit to add to this. Lets not forget the rediculous amount of charity work the Canucks do, and the classy move by MG to move a player so he could get more ice time and not discussing personal matters.

The Canucks are far from the most hated team in the league. Everyone's jealous, but its impossible to hate this organization.

Ask any Albertan and it is the weather.

Ask a prairie boy and it is the weather.

Ask an Ontarioan and it is the weather.

The secret love of beautiful B.C. and the Canucks are just part and parcel of the jealousy and secret desire to leave their crappy lives in nowhere Canada and enter paradise.

Ask any Albertan and it is the weather.

Ask a prairie boy and it is the weather.

Ask an Ontarioan and it is the weather.

The secret love of beautiful B.C. and the Canucks are just part and parcel of the jealousy and secret desire to leave their crappy lives in nowhere Canada and enter paradise.

After seeing the Selke standouts on the homepage of CDC, I eventually got to the Kesler video from last year on youtube and Toews face at 1:07 says it all when Daniel recieves the Art Ross!!!

After seeing Lu & Schneid's go up, Kes, Dan for Ted Lindsey, I think Toews face seeing Daniel go up again just made him sick to his stomach. He's just like "frack, grab your damn trophy and get the hell outta here." Just priceless!!!

Obviously, the individual accomplishments aren't the only reason we are hated but Toews face just says it all.

Somewhat pointless thread I know, but the happiness I got seeing Toew's face had to be shared!

Comments like these are why people hate the Canucks. Do you realize how arrogant and childish you sound? A large part of a team's hate factor is its fans, and you're not helping our cause here. From a Canucks' fan living in Ontario (and loving the fact that I can go outside to play hockey any day, at any time I want 6 months of the year to play hockey on a frozen pond).

typical east coast, west coast conflict. we're from the wicked west and winning, while the teams for the east struggle. But that's probably why other fans hate us. Players hate each other due to stuff on the ice and maybe twitter (although i doubt it).

Here's a quote: the bigger they are the harder they fall, we did that last year, we fell hard to boston, and everyone around the league loved it, they want a repeat.

After seeing the Selke standouts on the homepage of CDC, I eventually got to the Kesler video from last year on youtube and Toews face at 1:07 says it all when Daniel recieves the Art Ross!!!

Somewhat pointless thread I know, but the happiness I got seeing Toew's face had to be shared!

Keep it on topic please/thanks (not Taylor Swift).

I think Toews just has that cocky smirk, as seems to be a prerequisite to becoming a Blackhawk.

The Canucks are hated because they generate a buzz and are attention getters. Those who have trouble sharing the spotlight become jealous of that, that's all.

I think much of it is HOW they win .. quiet assurance and just enough swagger to make the statement "yes we are good, we know we are good .. at least good enough to win it all" .. the class the Sedin's exude get's over-shadowed by an air of arrogance surrounding Kesler, Luongo and Bieksa .. traits that are loved by supporters are usually disliked by opponents.

There are reasons that "Tit-mouse" Toews and "Gino the G-spot" Malkin are disliked .. -_-

we are hated for our head snaps diving and all around over reaction to every moment of contact initiated by the opponent all of last year. we had the #1 pp and we did everything we could to get 20 min of pp time every game thats we are hated so much. combine that with our swagger and our ruthless fans + the green men. we were a VERY hard team to play against last year this year any team we face has a chance of beating us so we are not as hated this year league wide anyways, certain guys will always hate us but thats life.

Comments like these are why people hate the Canucks. Do you realize how arrogant and childish you sound? A large part of a team's hate factor is its fans, and you're not helping our cause here. From a Canucks' fan living in Ontario (and loving the fact that I can go outside to play hockey any day, at any time I want 6 months of the year to play hockey on a frozen pond).

Archived