The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possibility Of Justin Schultz Signing With Vancouver

I would like to see Schultz in Vancouver and see what he can do. I think realistically the best place for him to go would be Edmonton. He can play a larger role than if he signed in Vancouver and lets face it the Oilers have a lot of good young forwards he can play with. The Oilers need a good young defenseman and he fits the bill. My bet...he lands in Edmonton. My hope...he lands in Vancouver.

Rumour around K town is that some family members have said he won't be signing with Vancouver as the Canucks won't give him what he wants and other teams will. This is a rumour floating around town coming from people who know his family, word is he wants to be a Canuck but wants a spot on the team, I guess their concern given the depth on D the Canucks have and that he might not get a fair shot, understandable with a D made up of Edler, Salo, Bieksa, Ballard, Tanev and Hamhuis, there's already 6 guys and 3 right side guys. Canucks are his top choice still, if he can get a spot on the team but with no guarantee from the Canucks this has him talking to other teams and why were hearing of other players now, apparently he was set to sign with the Canucks but with the Canucks turning down his request has him looking at other options and taking longer then he hoped.

I'm no SamJam and I don't have connection, just a rumour that's floating around town from people I know who know his family.

A guaranteed roster spot should be enough.

I question a player who wants a guaranteed spot before they've even played in the NHL.

He's a powerplay stud. There's no way he doesn't get PP time with how inconsistent our powerplay was last season.

He has to decide between jumping into a top high-demand role right away or growing into one with healthy competition. I hope his agent is giving him some good advice for the long term.

Rumour around K town is that some family members have said he won't be signing with Vancouver as the Canucks won't give him what he wants and other teams will. This is a rumour floating around town coming from people who know his family, word is he wants to be a Canuck but wants a spot on the team, I guess their concern given the depth on D the Canucks have and that he might not get a fair shot, understandable with a D made up of Edler, Salo, Bieksa, Ballard, Tanev and Hamhuis, there's already 6 guys and 3 right side guys. Canucks are his top choice still, if he can get a spot on the team but with no guarantee from the Canucks this has him talking to other teams and why were hearing of other players now, apparently he was set to sign with the Canucks but with the Canucks turning down his request has him looking at other options and taking longer then he hoped.

I'm no SamJam and I don't have connection, just a rumour that's floating around town from people I know who know his family.

Archived