The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possibility Of Justin Schultz Signing With Vancouver

AV will gladly give Rome PP time, but when it comes to this guy, sorry.

This guy was a guaranteed lock to sign here, they better not let this one slip up.

AV is really starting to piss me off.

Whats next, {Brodeur to Florida}?

Can you imagine?

"hey Justin come play in this crappy arena... no lighting, falling apart, no playoff hopes or goalie, but you'll play 45 mins a game and they won't be able to afford you in 3 years" Gretzky out. that's how I imagine the convo went.

Just curious - if Edmonton is such a shoe-on to get this kid why did they need to have Hall talk to him and now Gretzky and Coffey. AND if Edmonton is such a great place why is Gretzky in LA and Coffey in Ont (as others have pointed out on here) - you would think they would be part of the Oilers organization after all they have given that city and that franchise.

Just curious - if Edmonton is such a shoe-on to get this kid why did they need to have Hall talk to him and now Gretzky and Coffey. AND if Edmonton is such a great place why is Gretzky in LA and Coffey in Ont (as others have pointed out on here) - you would think they would be part of the Oilers organization after all they have given that city and that franchise.

"hey Justin come play in this crappy arena... no lighting, falling apart, no playoff hopes or goalie, but you'll play 45 mins a game and they won't be able to afford you in 3 years" Gretzky out. that's how I imagine the convo went.

Interesting, Edmonton is going all out. Hopefully Canucks do as well. In case Gillis hasn't noticed, he is lacking any sort of depth on the right side (long term) other than Tanev. This type of opportunity doesn't come around very often. Organizations need to be flexible to accommodate new situations.

It's funny -- the one thing I've been thinking today is exactly what you just said: the end of his Entry level deal...they can't afford him, no chance if they don't move other significant pieces. So you knowingly walk into a situation where you have no guarantee you'll be there long time. That'd concern me.

Archived