The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possibility Of Justin Schultz Signing With Vancouver

I just think the reason behind Salo not being re-signed by Vancouver would be to make space for Schultz which I know is MG's decision but Schultz also plays a part in it.

Forget what I said if both sign, we will see what happens on July 1st because nothing has even happened yet.

To anyone who doesn't understand how little risk there is in signing him:

He would sign an entry-level contract at the maximum salary (925k) + bonuses which would total out to about 3.2m for 2-3 years, his cap however would stay at 925k. For a player that is regarded to be as good as Drew Doughty right now, I say that's worth signing him over Salo if it ever comes to that.

Obviously he hasn't played in the NHL yet so his comparison to Doughty might not have been earned but I'm just going by what several scouts have said.

I strongly disagree.

If Schultz comes in and Salo is not re-signed because of him then I will hate this guy like some people hate Luo.

Actually I will not appreciate a single thing that this guy would do, even if he scored the GWG to win us a Stanley Cup.

And people wonder why our fanbase is the laughing stock of all professional sports...

I couldn't have put it better myself. Talk about misguided grudges. First Hodgson was blamed for everything from playoff failures to global warming and now Justin Schultz is not only in control of his own career, he's now in charge of all player personnel decisions with the Vancouver Canucks.

Don't use me as a view for the whole fan base, that is how passionate I am about Salo staying. I am the one who wants Salo back and I am the one who would be disgruntled if Salo is let go to make room for Schultz.

Those are MY feelings and thoughts, not the fan bases. You are apart of the fan base so you are pretty much mocking yourself.

Archived