The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond Promoted To First Line With The Sedins

alt kilgore

The point many have tried to make is how in any way will Mason help the Sedins bump their slump. Working great so far isn't it. To not appear as I am using Raymond as a whipping boy as others have accused anyone who speaks out against Raymond and to not continually be labelled "arrogant" and "stupid" by posters such as RUPERTKBD I will quietly observe Raymond over the next few games with the Sedins and reserve comment - allowing this so called experiment time to work.

Then let's revisit this thread with the far more knowledgable posters such as Rupert and Baggins who can defend his play if it fails or revel in his success on the first line.

Not at all. I've just been around long enough and gone through enough annual whipping boys, that I know that no matter what Raymond does you guys will only look for things to cry about. I can let the stupidity get to me or I can embrace it. I'm now choosing to embrace making fun of the stupidity.

Btw, there's really no need to include a pic of yourself in your posts. Consider yourself embraced.

The Canucks top line of Sedins and Raymond is a big joke. A slight push from the opposition and these top liners will fall, swimming like fish out of water, on ice. If AV the idiot wants an experiment, Kassian or Bitz, not useless Raymond, should be there as they can use their size, physical play and the occasional skills they showed to create more space for the talented Sedins and there are only 12 games left to do it. If Vancouver wants skill, Burrows should stay or if they want to be more physical, either Kassian or Bitz may work. But AV is just an AHL coach, always outcoached in the playoffs, who has put himself in a position to be fired on an early exit of the Canucks. MG, on the other hand, has secured his own job by having MacTavish in the lineup.

"You seem more obsessed with Raymond than anyone. Fans and also hockey analysts are only stating the obvious about his poor play, but then you follow THEM around with YOUR notebook and call them crazy birds."

I would say it is better for a handful of people like myself to be "obsessed" with asking for fairness for one of our players and represent the silent majority than be amongst the jackals on here who blindly castigate him.

People like me and you are obviously brought up differently. So we see things in a different way.

I don't believe in kicking someone who is having a hard time and trying his best to catch a break.

I don't believe that when 20 idiots are pounding a guy, usually unfairly, that there is any purpose served by another 20 jumping in to to add their 20c worth.

I try to support the team and the players wearing the jersey. I don't like them all, I don't like some of them being in the team but as long as they are giving 100% and have the coach's trust and confidence I am happy to leave it at that.

I have a life, so I don't think that my self worth depends on how well the hockey team I support is doing. I don't take every defeat as a call to form a lynch mob and "string up" the players I don't like, and therefore with some twisted logic, hold responsible.

Lastly I always try to walk in the other guys shoes. Mason Raymond had an accident which fractured a vertebrae in his back. At that time no one knew if he would play again, never mind play for us. He made a remarkable recovery but missed out on a lot of the fitness routines that the other players took part in. If anything he came back too early. I think the reason for that may have been the fear of losing his place and ultimately being traded. He loves playing here.

In the light of these facts, I rejoice when I see MR turning out for us and speeding up and down the ice. I sit there and will him on to do good things (and he does, although much of it goes unnoticed by those who don't want to see) I am disappointed for him when he falls or gives up the puck but pleased when I see he doesn't drop his head but tries to retrieve the situation.

Mason Raymond is a warrior. He is not a swashbuckling in yer face type of warrior, he has a warrior spirit. He is indefatigable, he is relentless, tenacious, and never lets his setbacks prevent him from trying harder. He deserves the support of the fans of this Club not the classless ridicule.

"You seem more obsessed with Raymond than anyone. Fans and also hockey analysts are only stating the obvious about his poor play, but then you follow THEM around with YOUR notebook and call them crazy birds."

I would say it is better for a handful of people like myself to be "obsessed" with asking for fairness for one of our players and represent the silent majority than be amongst the jackals on here who blindly castigate him.

People like me and you are obviously brought up differently. So we see things in a different way.

I don't believe in kicking someone who is having a hard time and trying his best to catch a break.

I don't believe that when 20 idiots are pounding a guy, usually unfairly, that there is any purpose served by another 20 jumping in to to add their 20c worth.

I try to support the team and the players wearing the jersey. I don't like them all, I don't like some of them being in the team but as long as they are giving 100% and have the coaches trust and confidence I am happy to leave it at that.

I have a life, so I don't think that my self worth depends on how well the hockey team I support is doing. I don't take every defeat as a call to form a lynch mob and "string up" the players I don't like, and therefore with some twisted logic, hold responsible.

Lastly I always try to walk in the other guys shoes. Mason Raymond had an accident which fractured a vertebrae in his back. At that time no one knew if he would play again, never mind play for us. He made a remarkable recovery but missed out on a lot of the fitness routines that the other players took part in. If anything he came back too early. I think the reason for that may have been the fear of losing his place and ultimately being traded. He loves playing here.

In the light of these facts, I rejoice when I see MR turning out for us and speeding up and down the ice. I sit there and will him on to do good things (and he does, although much of it goes unnoticed by those who don't want to see) I am disappointed for him when he falls or gives up the puck but pleased when I see he doesn't drop his head but tries to retrieve the situation.

Mason Raymond is a warrior. He is not a swashbuckling in yer face type of warrior, he has a warrior spirit. He is indefatigable, he is relentless, tenacious, and never lets his setbacks prevent him from trying harder. He deserves the support of the fans of this Club not the classless ridicule.

The Canucks top line of Sedins and Raymond is a big joke. A slight push from the opposition and these top liners will fall, swimming like fish out of water, on ice. If AV the idiot wants an experiment, Kassian or Bitz, not useless Raymond, should be there as they can use their size, physical play and the occasional skills they showed to create more space for the talented Sedins and there are only 12 games left to do it. If Vancouver wants skill, Burrows should stay or if they want to be more physical, either Kassian or Bitz may work. But AV is just an AHL coach, always outcoached in the playoffs, who has put himself in a position to be fired on an early exit of the Canucks. MG, on the other hand, has secured his own job by having MacTavish in the lineup.

The point many have tried to make is how in any way will Mason help the Sedins bump their slump. Working great so far isn't it. To not appear as I am using Raymond as a whipping boy as others have accused anyone who speaks out against Raymond and to not continually be labelled "arrogant" and "stupid" by posters such as RUPERTKBD I will quietly observe Raymond over the next few games with the Sedins and reserve comment - allowing this so called experiment time to work.

Then let's revisit this thread with the far more knowledgable posters such as Rupert and Baggins who can defend his play if it fails or revel in his success on the first line.

When the Twins struggle:

"Separate them. Anything to get them going again."

"They'll be fine. Give them time."

When Raymond struggles:

"Trade him for a bag of pucks."

"Raymond is useless."

"Pressbox."

When they both struggle:

"They're trying Raymond with the Twins?!?"

"FUUUUUUUUUUUU . . . "

"Anyone else but Raymond."

"Raymond is useless."

This place has turned into a moron vortex.

Raymond with the twins is brilliant IMO. 8 games without scoring by the twins and what better way to make them play better than give them the player struggling just as much. When Burr comes back they will be that much better for it.

Scotty Bowman used to do the very things that AV is finally doing. Regular seasons for teams like the Canucks (or Wings) can be mentally draining. The best way to refresh this is by making players adapt and change their games with different players then put them back with their best matches in time to go into playoff mode. (remember how often Hank would shoot when he had no Daniel)

AV is adapting and this is encouraging IMO. Now if Luongo gets vented for 3 or 4 goals in a game me thinks he'll probably not ask Roberto if he want's to keep playing.

As for Raymond he has become an enigma because he is a skill player playing without offensive confidence. Other than great defensive acumen he brings very little intangibles to the team right now. If AV can get his game back he could be a nice depth player come playoff time. Would it not be smarter to judge him after an offseason of training and packing on muscle.

Have the struggles of Bieksa, Salo, Malhotra, Kesler, Booth (in florida) not taught us of how hard it is for players to come back physically and most of all mentally from serious injuries.

Raymond with the twins is brilliant IMO. 8 games without scoring by the twins and what better way to make them play better than give them the player struggling just as much. When Burr comes back they will be that much better for it.

Scotty Bowman used to do the very things that AV is finally doing. Regular seasons for teams like the Canucks (or Wings) can be mentally draining. The best way to refresh this is by making players adapt and change their games with different players then put them back with their best matches in time to go into playoff mode. (remember how often Hank would shoot when he had no Daniel)

AV is adapting and this is encouraging IMO. Now if Luongo gets vented for 3 or 4 goals in a game me thinks he'll probably not ask Roberto if he want's to keep playing.

As for Raymond he has become an enigma because he is a skill player playing without offensive confidence. Other than great defensive acumen he brings very little intangibles to the team right now. If AV can get his game back he could be a nice depth player come playoff time. Would it not be smarter to judge him after an offseason of training and packing on muscle.

Have the struggles of Bieksa, Salo, Malhotra, Kesler, Booth (in florida) not taught us of how hard it is for players to come back physically and most of all mentally from serious injuries.

Brilliant.

Furthermore, has everyone forgotten that Raymond is coming back from having broken his spine?

I challenge anyone to find any professional athlete who hasn't struggled at least this much after a spinal injury, if they were even lucky enough to ever play again.

Raymond has the skill. There is no question about that. What he may not have is enough time to have rehabilitated to the extent that he could have. It's too early to tell if he will fully recover from his injury, but the fact that he can contribute to any degree is nothing short of impressive. Let's not forget that immediately upon his return to the ice he was back to scoring goals and putting up helpers for a short while at an alarming rate. He has those same skills, he just hasn't been very lucky.

In the mean time, let's have some outrageously unrealistic expectations of him and talk about trading him, cutting him, and putting him in the pressbox indefinitely. That is bound to improve his game and give him some solid numbers.

Can someone explain to me again why we didn't sign Zherdev for 500k? 3 line powerhouse offense. Who would say no to that?

Could have been:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Raymond-Lappy-Zherdev

Hanson-Malhotra-Kassian

If recovery from injury is still affecting Raymond's play, he should be on the 3rd, 4th line or in the press box. Moron AV right now is using the topline as a REHAB line for a subpar player who is not a top six forward material and this is not going to win you a Cup. AV has only 12 games to try out a plan B if the top line of twins and Burrows got shut down again in a series like last year and I think it is Bitz and Kassian who should be given the chance. But forget about it as AV the AHL coach still has not yet figured out who should be on the 4th line after so many years and he will be fired with an early exit.

He's been playing piss poor even before his injury.

I'm sick watching the offense die on his stick.

I'm sick of him falling over more times in a game than a regular player would in a season

I'm sick of watching him skate like lightning past defenders only to shoot the puck wide or attempt some retarded wrap-around

I'm sick of him getting quality line minutes when someone else should be.

I'm sick him skating around aimlessly in the offensive-zone.

I'm sick of him stopping at the half-boards and either spins around and falls or gets crunched into the boards.

/rant

Archived