Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 15 votes

The Real Reason The Canucks Are Not Playing Well

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
99 replies to this topic

#91 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

The Canucks are just trying to get to the playoffs healthy, the have no one in their division pushing them. It has been said by Hughson and Simpson on HNIC that of all teams that make the playoffs the Canucks are the team that the playoff cant come fast enough. The Canucks have some unfinished buisness to do and i cant wait for it to start. The big teams like Detroit, Rangers,Boston, have all taken their foot off the gas. Let Calgary,Colorado,kings,Sharks blow their wad now.

#92 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

I'm waiting for someone to put forward some facts to disprove my points.

I'm waiting for YOU to put forward some facts to prove YOUR points.

Commissioner of 2014-15 Shapheat FHL

Player of the Game - Wall of Fame
2014-15 GDT Registrations

#93 HorseGem2007

HorseGem2007

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

Only thing I'll say about this thread (as I'm not a big believer of the conspiracy theory) :
Until Gary Bettman leaves as Commish, the NHL will remain a bush league.
It has gone worst year after year, and the Southern hockey market has failed.

Time for renewal and new blood at the helm of the NHL.

GO :canucks: GO
" OnceUgotItUpKeepItUp "

Burr Kes Higgy
#14 #17 #20

YOU CAN PLAY ... Gay athletes. Straight allies. Teaming up for respect: http://youcanplayproject.org/

#94 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

O ye, of little faith

the team is looking at more possibilities and line combinations up until the playoffs, a playoff spot is secured, quit your whining, I will eat my arms if we don't win the Stanley Cup this year, so if you want to talk about problems, I'm all ears

You realise, next year you could be all ears and no arms...........right? :emot-parrot:

Edited by Bodee, 14 March 2012 - 10:05 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#95 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

Hey, vancanfan. Better not. I'll be lookin' for "armless" photos if they don't win. Why? B/c I'm a sadistic son-of-a... you know what.

But that said. I hope to hell they win the Cup this year. 40 years is a bit too long... Go 'Nucks!

LOL

I just need to find someone to take the pictures for me, but am fairly certain my team is going the distance this year.

Go Canucks!!

You realise, next year you could be all ears and no arms...........right? :emot-parrot:

I ear you.

Yes, lets hope it doesn't come to that.

Edited by vancanfan, 14 March 2012 - 02:17 PM.

#96 Tru_Knyte

Tru_Knyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,355 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

The fans that think the league is wholly unbiased are just as bad as the ones who believe in full out conspiracy theories.
Posted Image

#97 Kesler_smash

Kesler_smash

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

The conspiracy isn't against the Canucks, its against any teams that are designed with speed and skill in mind more so than grit and toughness. Its designed so these teams full of plugs can still compete. If the game was called to the letter of the law a lot of these clutch and grab teams would end up shorthanded 6 to 10 times a game easily. The few "fans" of these teams wouldn't stick around long with the beatings they would recieve if the game was called this way, therefore the NHL wants to manage the games by barely calling anything that was a penalty last year or hell even earlier this year. It seems that regardless of whats happening on the ice the penalties generally end out more or less even...this shouldnt be the case in my opinion if one team is outplaying the other the refs shouldnt ignore penalties taken against the superior team just in the interest of keeping the game close. As an example, look at the Canucks vs Jets game from a few days ago...this was one of the few games recently where I felt the Canucks clearly outplayed their opponent, but the Jets had 3 powerplays and the Canucks had 1, with many obvious examples of missed calls that went in the Jets favor. The Jets are a relatively low skilled team in my opinion, sure they have a couple guys with some pedigree but its mostly a team of plugs, and even if the Canucks wouldn't have scored on the 4-5 (conservitive estimate) additional powerplays that could have been called that game, thats 8-10 mins where the Jets could not get the momentum that can come playing 5v5 as opposed to short handed. Once again this is not a conspiracy against the Canucks specifically, I'm sure if I watched a few non-Canuck games it wouldn't be hard to find many more examples like this.

#98 *Buzzsaw*

*Buzzsaw*

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

Tonight we saw the reality of the fix again and the effect its having on the Canucks headspace.

The Canucks were playing well, generally dominating, then what happened?

First we saw Heatley get away with a cheapshot at a Sedin, and the player who tried to legitimately defend him thrown in the penalty box.

So the Wild scores.

Then we see Kesler getting run, and somehow he gets a penalty too. Shades of Henrik Sedin getting punched in the face by Marchand in the playoffs and Henrik getting a penalty for punching back with his face against Marchand's glove.

How do you think it feels to players to know the league will do anything to keep them out of Cup contention. They know if its this bad in the regular season, what's it going to be like in the playoffs?

Every team in the league knows its ok to run the Canucks best players. Everyone who does has a free pass, get out of jail card.

Maybe the Canucks as a team will pull out an amazing effort and push past the biased refereeing, but I can imagine the thoughts going through their heads right now.

#99 *Buzzsaw*

*Buzzsaw*

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

Now we have the final result of the league's policy: Daniel out as a result of a deliberate intent to injure.

It didn't start tonight, it started back in the 2011 playoffs when the Bruins were given a free pass out of jail for everytime they wanted to run a Sedin or any Canuck star.

From Brad Marchand to Johnny Boychuk, every player on that Boston team knew the Refs were looking the other way.

And now its happening in the regular season too. Every team which plays the Canucks knows they can cheapshot the Sedins. And finally one of the goons goes a little further and Daniel is out. Could have been Henrik, could have been Kesler. Remember the game in Ottawa when Kesler was run twice and the Ref's did nothing? Remember the Montreal game when Henrik was crosschecked, or the Dallas game or any of the game's in the last 15 when crosschecking, slashing and hacking the Canucks stars was a gimme?

#100 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

You forgot to mention how the bruins got into the Stanley cup final.... A game seven against a team which was very well established with the man advantage and what happened??? No penalties were called just to give the bruins some extra edge...
I do agree with you 100% and quite frankly what man would not want his son with a cup ring???? Especially when Colin did not have the opportunity to get his name on the cup... Sure some people think this is all a controversy along with game 7 against TB, Pacioretti hit, owner of Bruins on the NHL board of directors and do on. Let's be honest here and face the facts.... Ifcourse we might never find out the truth but at least people need to realize that could very well be the reason Boston got to the scf and won...

I'm assuming nothing.

Fact: Boston owner is head of Board of Governors NHL
Fact: Head of discipline during 2010/2011 had a son playing for Boston, and big surprise, no suspensions for star Boston players in regular season or any players during playoffs
Fact: Penalties versus the Canucks during Chicago series were lopsided
Fact: Penalties for and against the Canucks have radically changed in proportion since before and after allstar break 2012

I could go on, maybe you need to re-read my posts.

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.