The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Send Kassian Down. Bring Bitz Up.

Bananas

Yes Bring Bitz back and put Hank in the press box for few games, like AV is doing with Salo.

It is very clear that some of the guys need some time to re-focus, you can see what they want to do but they just can't get er done, an example of this is Edler who can't seem to make a pass or shoot without fanning on the shoot, although his coast to coast rush was sweet. but you have to keep that in context because we were playing the blue jackets. I feel bad for Hank he just can't pass the puck, so why can't he shoot ithe puck instead hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I don't know!

Raymond granted he is comming back from a broken back, can't score he has been every where and hit a billion post but the puck won't go. Keep working Raymond the goals will come!

This team needs AV to flip out in the dressing room and give the boys some MO-JO. get them all ticked off. I don't know anymore, have been a die hard fan for years, but this little blip is some what confusing.

Actually Cody was clutch this year in the games we needed him there is no reason to suggest he couldnt be an impact player.

He got two assists in yesterdays game against tampa...he could be finding his form...He has been a captain and top elite player at every stage of his career so there is a good chance he will do the same as a sabre.

Kassian is going to take a while to develop. Power Forwards always do. Remember Todd Bertuzzi?

First 1 and a half seasons he had 15 and 16 points in a limited number of games.

In year 3 he burst out with 50 points in 80 games.

It wasn't until his prime in 02-03 that he got to 46 goals and 97 points.

Kassian is getting time with the team prior to playoffs. I suspect that coaching is not that worried about him fighting as much as they want to see his ability to play shifts without getting caught and costing the team. MG did not trade for this kid to leave him on a 4th line. His potential is top 6 as a power forward. At 21 and with the limited games to date they have to be patient. Against Minny he had some good shifts as the 4th line played in the offensive zone.

Weise: I like this kid more all the time. This is his rookie season and I see more than 4th line potential. That wrister last night against Minnie barely missed. He has speed, size and a decent shot. Kassian-Lapierre-Weise were certainly not the reason Van didn't win against Minnie. Bitz would look OK there as well. He is playing regularly with the Wolves with some of their top forwards. Canucks must want to see whether he will stand up physically. He will be back for playoffs.

Kassian is quickly proving himself to be yet another Bernier experiment. He has done nothing since we traded for him, and it comes from a lack of effort, not a lack of knowledge of the system.

He's not skating hard, not making passes, not throwing hits or winning puck battles. Kid needs a wake-up call. He is sucking pretty hard.

If size -- and someone who knows how to use it -- is what we want, bring Bitz back up.

Give Kassian top line minutes in the minors or something.

Archived