The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Send Kassian Down. Bring Bitz Up.

Bananas

Actually Cody was clutch this year in the games we needed him there is no reason to suggest he couldnt be an impact player.

He got two assists in yesterdays game against tampa...he could be finding his form...He has been a captain and top elite player at every stage of his career so there is a good chance he will do the same as a sabre.

Kassian is quickly proving himself to be yet another Bernier experiment. He has done nothing since we traded for him, and it comes from a lack of effort, not a lack of knowledge of the system.

He's not skating hard, not making passes, not throwing hits or winning puck battles. Kid needs a wake-up call. He is sucking pretty hard.

If size -- and someone who knows how to use it -- is what we want, bring Bitz back up.

Give Kassian top line minutes in the minors or something.

Kassian is quickly proving himself to be yet another Bernier experiment. He has done nothing since we traded for him, and it comes from a lack of effort, not a lack of knowledge of the system.

He's not skating hard, not making passes, not throwing hits or winning puck battles. Kid needs a wake-up call. He is sucking pretty hard.

If size -- and someone who knows how to use it -- is what we want, bring Bitz back up.

Give Kassian top line minutes in the minors or something.

I stopped reading pretty early on in this topic

for obvious reasons. But I did notice a post on the first

page that suggested a:

Bitz-Lapierre-Kassian - 4th line

I agree, this looks like a very desirable combination,

but my fear is that this would push Malhotra to

the 3rd line wing slot, a position which Malhotra

does not seem to thrive in.

I would suggest:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Amex

Lapierre-Pahlsson-Hansen

Bitz-Malhotra-Kassian

as being an alternative that allows Manny to still

play at his most effective position. However, if

we are willing to allow Manny to be a healthy scratch,

I would be interested to see:

Sedin-Sedin-Raymond

Amex

Burrows-Pahlsson-Hansen

Bitz-Lapierre-Kassian

That may work...

anyways, my two cents.

And for the record, a 4th liner should not

be blamed for the offensive woes of a team... duh.

With Aaron Volpatti flanking their left wing. :bigblush:

I think Volpatti is underrated on CDC and I am big supporter of his. I think he will get the call on LW.

I would have confidence in a line of Aaron Volpatti - Maxim Lapierre - Zack Kassian going up against Dan Paille - Gregory Campbell - Shawn Thornton or the make-shift Mike Rupp - Stu Bickel - Brandon Prust.

The Canucks had players that were unwilling to throw with anyone *cough* Tanner Glass *cough*. Volpatti is willing to.

I thought he was done...but maybe just the regular season?

Aaron Volpatti - 2011-12-02 - on injured reserve and will miss the remainder of the regular season (shoulder surgery).

I was looking forward to seeing what Pinnizotto would do, but I think he's worse off than Volpatti.

Archived