The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bedrock Of Vaccination Theory Crumbles As Science Reveals Antibodies Not Necessary To Fight Viruses

DarthNinja

so, you're another one of the 95%....It's okay, it's also sad that you went to an american university and actually think your smart.

PS. If you think that 95% of the population isn't stupid, you sir, are stupid.

PS I bet you go to church. I also bet that you never ask why.

People are not meant to live as long as we do. We abuse life, prolonging it as we see fit, while natural resources are becoming more and more scarce.

It doesnt matter how smart you think you are, you book dummies are all the same, think that becuase you learned somthing from university that your information is with out dispute? If you are a so called science major, you would know that advances/break throughs are made everyday. I believe the Physics world is right now on the verge of disproving everything that physics is based on with a new theory.

Vaccines are useless.... People have survived a long ass time on this earth, we dont need help.

Assclown

So if vaccination is not the way to control viruses, how is that humans through evolution get stronger overtime due to their prior experiences with a virus?

This article is garbage, pure and simple.

I totally understand that vaccination = money for pharmaceutical companies, especially if one unscrupulous company decides to synthesis a lethal virus in which only that company has the vaccine for. Aside from that very extreme but possible scenario, vaccination has improved human survivability rates.

Wow, so many of the posts in this thread are painful to read. To anyone out there who doubts the value of vaccines, you're a complete moron. Go educate yourself.

And even the paper itself that this "news article" quotes isn't saying that vaccines do nothing. It's just saying that antibodies don't act alone. We've known this for decades. It's like me saying that I've discovered you don't need lungs to survive, because I took out someone's heart and he died even though he still had his lungs.

Wow, so many of the posts in this thread are painful to read. To anyone out there who doubts the value of vaccines, you're a complete moron. Go educate yourself.

And even the paper itself that this "news article" quotes isn't saying that vaccines do nothing. It's just saying that antibodies don't act alone. We've known this for decades. It's like me saying that I've discovered you don't need lungs to survive, because I took out someone's heart and he died even though he still had his lungs.

HEP C VACCINE BREAKTHROUGH

April 04, 2012 Kerry Taylor Smith No comments

HCV_EM_picture_2web.jpgElectron micrographs of hepatitis C virus purified from cell culture. Scale bar is 50 nanometers

A decade of research into hepatitis C may have yielded results as researchers in America have announced the discovery of a vaccine against the disease.

Hepatitis C is more virulent than HIV, and it was believed coming up with a vaccine would be almost impossible. However, researchers from the University of Alberta say a vaccine has been developed from a single strain, and has shown to be effective against all known strains of the virus.

The vaccine was capable of eliciting broad cross-neutralising antibodies against all the different major strains – a finding which bodes well for those with the disease, and those travelling to areas where it is prevalent.

“This tells us that a vaccine made from a single strain can indeed neutralise all the viruses out there,” said Michael Houghton, who led the team that discovered the hepatitis C virus in 1989. “It really encourages the further development of that vaccine. This is a really big step forward for the field of HCV vaccinology.”

Houghton – the Canada Excellence Research Chair in Virology – warns that further testing is required and that it may be another five to seven years before the vaccine receives approval. Even then, those currently suffering from the disease are not likely to benefit as the vaccine is more of a preventative measure against acquiring the disease, rather than treating it.http://www.labnews.co.uk/news/hep-vaccine-breakthrough/

I guess we know who won't be getting this when they go for vacation. :lol:

Being informed doesn't mean being able to find someone on the internet who has the same eccentric ideas as you do. Your inability to distinguish the "journal fluoride," the "journal of the american neutraceutical association" (which has been suspended since 2003, but you can buy back-issues for the low price of $150) and the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons (a website which only serves to posts right-wing editorials demanding a free market healthcare system) from ACTUAL SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS isn't surprising at all. This guy most definitely IS a snake oil salesman, and he's duping the hell out of you.

You're not a crazy nutcase because you're informed. You're a crazy nutcase because you:

a) lack the ability to discern credible scientific research from youtube videos and blog entries

b ) lack the ability to carry your completely unfounded suppositions to their necessary conclusions (i.e. all immunologists are either corrupt, stupid or blind)

c) believe that the fact that your ideas are constantly mocked is proof that everyone else are just ignorant lemmings, when in reality it's pretty strong evidence that your ideas are batcrap insane

Regarding Leicester:

Firstly, you brought up Leicester, not me. Secondly, my point is you cannot compare absolute numbers for data sets of different lengths, and/or different population size without first making sure that you are comparing apples to apples. You presented data suggesting that the 'unvaccinated' Leicester was clearly much better off than places that are vaccinated, yet when you normalize the data by population the gap closes (in the case of Japan) or reverses (in the case of London).

Your accusation of cherry picking would've been valid had I used the single epidemic in London and Leicester (alone) to argue that quarantine is useless, but nowhere did I make that assertion, nor do I think such an assertion can be made without a larger sample size as error for a single epidemic is huge. My assertion is that your data does not unambiguously show that vaccination is not necessary.

We can discuss Leicester, quarantine, polio, flu etc, but it will be futile unless we first settle the issue whether vaccine was the reason that led to the dramatic decline in small pox. If you won't even entertain the idea that vaccines is useful there is no point in doing those discussion.

Let's get some facts straight first

1) Cowpox was vaccine first widely used as a vaccine after Jenner demonstrated empirically of its usefulness in 1796. Jenner infected 23 people with cowpox, then subsequently tried infecting them with smallpox but none of them got infected.

How would you explain this result, if cowpox vaccine does not work? How do you explain that this has been repeated, for example 1802 with 19 subjects? If cowpox vaccine does not have a demonstrable effect, why isn't it exposed in 1803 when 8000 subjects were tested by smallpox inoculation after receiving cowpox vaccine? [source: Dixon 1962]

2) Your assertion that "cowpox vaccine is relevant only after 1842" is untrue.

Fact 1: Bavaria adopted compulsory vaccination 1807, Denmark: 1810, Sweden 1816 [source: p44]

Fact 2: Russia made 2 million vaccinations from 1804-1814 [source: Dixon 1962]

Here's an excerpt from the WHO report

3)

Smallpox vaccine, even now, has been produced using cowpox or vaccinia (its cousin).Do you have a source to back up your assertion?

4)

a) Your assertion that "the mortality rate from smallpox was on the same consistent decline pattern both before and after vaccination was introduced around 1800 or just after." will likely not be supported statistically. Without considering error bars, a "flat line before 1800, and decline after 1800" description for small pox is not wrong either.

Now even assuming that the constant decline is indeed the correct description, there is a bit of problem: if I attempt to fit a straight line through the zymotic diseases and smallpox data, I will find that they decline at the same rate. Since smallpox is a form of zymotic disease [source], the conclusion out of this is that the decline in zygotic disease is almost entirely due to smallpox.

If the decline is in general due to sanitary coditions, it should apply to all zygotic diseases. Why is it that the decline in death happened entirely for smallpox?

(Note: it is of course possible that smallpox data is removed from the zygotic disease, perhaps you will have a reference that suggests this?)

Edit: Nevermind. Found source explaining data. Zymotic disease here excludes smallpox

S616.jpg

Now for the swedish data:

fullzu.jpg

I think the data here makes it very clear that there is indeed a sharp decline in smallpox death soon after vaccination is introduced. If you really believe that vaccination is not the explanation, what other specific health policy implemented around 1800 that can explain this huge drop?

HEP C VACCINE BREAKTHROUGH

April 04, 2012 Kerry Taylor Smith No comments

HCV_EM_picture_2web.jpgElectron micrographs of hepatitis C virus purified from cell culture. Scale bar is 50 nanometers

A decade of research into hepatitis C may have yielded results as researchers in America have announced the discovery of a vaccine against the disease.

Hepatitis C is more virulent than HIV, and it was believed coming up with a vaccine would be almost impossible. However, researchers from the University of Alberta say a vaccine has been developed from a single strain, and has shown to be effective against all known strains of the virus.

The vaccine was capable of eliciting broad cross-neutralising antibodies against all the different major strains – a finding which bodes well for those with the disease, and those travelling to areas where it is prevalent.

“This tells us that a vaccine made from a single strain can indeed neutralise all the viruses out there,” said Michael Houghton, who led the team that discovered the hepatitis C virus in 1989. “It really encourages the further development of that vaccine. This is a really big step forward for the field of HCV vaccinology.”

Houghton – the Canada Excellence Research Chair in Virology – warns that further testing is required and that it may be another five to seven years before the vaccine receives approval. Even then, those currently suffering from the disease are not likely to benefit as the vaccine is more of a preventative measure against acquiring the disease, rather than treating it.http://www.labnews.c...e-breakthrough/

I guess we know who won't be getting this when they go for vacation. :lol:

Archived