The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Absolute Classless Reaction Of Lu Pull.

smackyo23

It was a little over the top but I think it is just the fans trying to tell management they want Schneider starting now and they want Schneider to be our Goalie of the future. Luongo has had a pretty good year, certainly not great, but better than average. On the other hand, Schneider has been lights out and there is no reason I can think of not to make Schneider the #1 Goalie to start the playoffs. There is a reason the so called experts on the panel are sitting in a booth and not working for a NHL Team. Luongo had his shot last year but this year the person who starts should be determined strictly by play and Schneider has been more consistent and now deserves the first crack at it.

Hearing those boos made me embarrassed to be classified a Canucks fan if those booing are included in the category 'Canucks fan'. It's not like he let in 7 or 8 goals.......and he certainly wasn't 100% responsible for those that did get by him. It was classless......absolutely classless on the part of the boo-birds.

That said, I thought the cheers for Schneider were warranted and that he is entitled to them. It's just a shame that those cheers came right on the heels of the jeers.

Another bandwagoneer who has no clue what is going on. Newbians really don't know hockey.

Lu is a big boy, if something like a little heckling gets to him now, forget about the playoffs. Team first, individual second is how the Canucks are built.

He'll start Game 1 in RD1, but the leash will be extremely tight. Cory will have to take over and it will be his team from then on until he drops the ball.

You know, we have a great team here. it's a shame the fans have to act like complete morons. Most Canuck fans, not everyone, but most are completely classless.

I realize Luongo could've had maybe 1 or 2 of those goals, but booing and jeering a player who has done so much for this city on a team you're passionate for and cheer for every game, is something that really really bothers me. On the day before his birthday no less.... :picard:

I think many true hockey fans were embarrassed watching that tonight...Don't boo your own players Vancouver, like Schneider said, it's getting bloody old.

Also the panel was wrong in assessment of Luongo's play tonight. He didn't just let in one bad goal. He let in one bad goal, three stoppable ones that all went in five hole, and he looked shaky even handling the puck tonight. He had a bad night period, the type of night he has had probably about 10 games this season, about 5 games in last years playoff run and the type of game we probably have seen from Cory only once or twice this year.

I don't understand why Ray Ferraro went all negative after the Ducks got a 4-2 lead. If there wasn't a score clock, you would have though the Canucks were losing 6-0 and had gone 0-6 in the last six games.

Also the panel was wrong in assessment of Luongo's play tonight. He didn't just let in one bad goal. He let in one bad goal, three stoppable ones that all went in five hole, and he looked shaky even handling the puck tonight. He had a bad night period, the type of night he has had probably about 10 games this season, about 5 games in last years playoff run and the type of game we probably have seen from Cory only once or twice this year.

Archived