Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Pgt- Flames 3 Canucks 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
302 replies to this topic

#121 Cindilette

Cindilette

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

canucks still can have home ice for three rounds if we win and st.louis loses once they play back to back also the presidents trophy didn't help us in the finals because it had no effect the canucks would of had home ice without it

It sure did help us-- the fact it gave us home ice advantage the whole season (just not in game 7 in SCF). I think it's important to win the first in the west just in case St. Louis does make it out pass 2nd round. Their home ice record is way better than ours but our away record is way better than theirs. I like our chances if we get home ice against them.

As for pres trophy, if we make it in the SCF and it's against Rangers, our records are so similar that I don't think it would matter who gets home-ice advantage.

#122 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Wow you'd think we lost our 8th playoff spot to the Flames :lol: ...geez CDC. If I remember correctly, people didn't want us winning the Prez bc of the 'added pressure of being #1' and bc its meaningless since we're gunning for the real trophy. Things change so fast here. Everyone needs to take a walk. We lost Game 81 while on/near the top, c'mon guys.

#123 Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,209 posts

Whoaaaaa Torts giving it to the Pens team! DO WE HAVE A NEW "MOST HATED TEAM" IN HOCKEY? :bigblush:

Hm, damn. Don't watch many Pens games but is this actually how it is? They've been getting a lot of flak for the last week or so.
Posted Image

#124 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

someone should tell a joke...feel crapty about the loss

#125 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

On a positive and less pessimistic note, Burrows works well with the A strapped on his chest. Keep it on imo.

#126 VAN_FAN_MATT

VAN_FAN_MATT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

That was definately the worst 3rd period I've seen from the Canucks in quite some time. Good 1st period, so so 2nd period, absolutely horrid 3rd period. But what ever, the Canucks didn't need to win this game, and I personally didn't care if they win the Presidents Trophy or not, but losing to the Flamers at any point in the season just freakin blows.

What is the most concerning is that Kesler and Booth are not only not putting up points, they're also not playing all that great right now either, and the 2nd line is very much non existant when it comes to secondary scoring, which is why FFS Chris Higgins needs to be put back on the 2nd line and F'n immediately.

Edited by VAN_FAN_MATT, 05 April 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#127 poetica

poetica

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,891 posts

Sucks to have lost this game, but hopefully it will be motivation. And all is not lost for certain. We just need a little help from some other teams now.

I still love Schneider and will have faith in him the next time he's in net for us without a doubt, but I also know at least 2 of those goals were soft and anyone who won't admit that Luo would have been burned in effigy for letting in those exact goals is just being dishonest. There was definitely a breakdown in the team in the third, but on those first 2 goals they were doing their jobs and Cory failed to do his to his best ability. Like Luo, he's human. Next game.

Speaking of....it would be awesome if people were to CHEER LUONGO when he takes to the ice and when his name gets announced. Show him a little love instead of just punishing him whenever he displeases us and let's see how that works.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#128 whcanuck

whcanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

The Calgary Flames season and overall state of their franchise! ::D

#129 eagleeyedak

eagleeyedak

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

The San Jose Sharks.....feel better?

#130 K.Duke9

K.Duke9

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

When I saw this on the schedule so happy I thought a free 2 points! .. Then we lost and I cried :sadno:

#131 ilduce39

ilduce39

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

I believe it's this one.... =)

Posted Image

AUGH.
T-Bone said:
remind them all of Tbone, remeber me for how I lived, not how I was banned
*sig too big

#132 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

The Calgary Flames season and overall state of their franchise! ::D

well thanks for the attempt :) i just hope rangers lose the next game and we win!

#133 KamikazeWatermelon

KamikazeWatermelon

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,482 posts

That was a poor effort for the Nucks. Disappointing to see the winning streak and undefeated in reg. when leading after 2 streak come to an end, too. Gotta do better, Canucks.

And now, if the blues win tomorrow, there will be a three way tie for 1st place in the NHL, with VAN losing the tiebreaker to both STL and NYR. It's gonna take quite a bit of luck to get the president's trophy now I think.
Posted Image
Credits to uɐpɹoɾ

#134 hf44

hf44

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

There was not a single Mcsoftie, if thats what you guys wanna know! If it wasnt for Cory we would have lost the chance at the prez last game loo..but here to hoping the Rangers only get 1 point or less next game. And the boys pull off a nice win.

I got news for you, Cory can only stop the pucks, he can't score them, so he does not get a whole lot of credit for last game against the Ducks. He just stopped 10 shots. :bored:

#135 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

I m dropping all superstitions and actually i wanna see san jose and La to do well, so phoneix can finish 8th.

#136 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,851 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

That was a poor effort for the Nucks. Disappointing to see the winning streak and undefeated in reg. when leading after 2 streak come to an end, too. Gotta do better, Canucks.

And now, if the blues win tomorrow, there will be a three way tie for 1st place in the NHL, with VAN losing the tiebreaker to both STL and NYR. It's gonna take quite a bit of luck to get the president's trophy now I think.

Conversely if they lose tomorrow (in regulation) they can't win the President's Trophy and will probably rest everyone for their last game.

seU9GBs.gif

#137 StanleyCup=HolyGrail

StanleyCup=HolyGrail

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

I was hoping that this team would actually show up to paly tonight. They actually had something to play for. So the game did mean something. What we got was about what we have been getting from the Cauncks for some time now. Some ugly defensive play. A power play with no threat level at all and a sub standard work ethic. Man i can't find much positive from this other then i know this team is better then this. I just wish that we could actually see that on a regular basis. They lost this game because they didn't bother to actually play it. It is that simple. This team had better wake up and fast or it will be an early exit. That is a fact and not fiction. In the playoffs, if you play like this or even half this bad, you are so gone.

Edited by StanleyCup=HolyGrail, 05 April 2012 - 09:05 PM.

Shootouts are entertaining but they are not worth points!!!

Posted Image

#138 hf44

hf44

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

home ice advantage is overrated. The Canucks were the best road team in the NHL this year. Besides, they have it through at least 2 rounds. I don't foresee the Blues going past the second round, the rangers will probably bow out to the Pens if they have to play them. This game meant jack squat. I just didn't want to see anyone get hurt.

The Canucks are 2nd best, Philly is the best.

#139 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

I got news for you, Cory can only stop the pucks, he can't score them, so he does not get a whole lot of credit for last game against the Ducks. He just stopped 10 shots. :bored:

well what if there was 1 more goal and as you can see we only scored 2 we would have lost 5-4 yeah? Also he was good in the shootout too! dont feel like arguing tonight perhaps another day...

#140 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

Luongo got crucified for some bad numbers against a bad team when he had little to no help on most of the goals. Will Schneider suffer the same fate?

Don't count on it. <_<

2dgqi51.jpgfcvifc.jpg
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 and Discord for the signatures.

#141 whcanuck

whcanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

I stand corrected. 2nd best is pretty good though out of 30 teams.

#142 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,851 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

Unless Philly doesn't get a point tomorrow.

seU9GBs.gif

#143 hf44

hf44

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

well what if there was 1 more goal and as you can see we only scored 2 we would have lost 5-4 yeah? Also he was good in the shootout too! dont feel like arguing tonight perhaps another day...

Really, he was only 50% in the shootout. :shock:

#144 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,956 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

Also, back to the Booth trade. As some may know, I've never been a fan of it. Mainly cause of Booths huge cap hit and huge contract, all I can see is Ballard v_2. But it's also about the guy they gave up to get Booth.

It's safe to say Gillis made a huge mistake signing Sturm in the first place, Sammy was the loss. Samuelsson has always been a playoff performer. He's one the few Canucks who could increase PPG in the playoffs (other than last yr as he was injured). He has a ton of playoff experience. As of today, Sammy is producing more pts in Florida, than Booth is here. Sammy has 6 PP goals since joining Florida. That's only 2 fewer PP goals than Kesler has ALL YEAR.

Then there's the guy Canucks got in that trade, Booth. He has a $4.3 cap hit for the next 3 YRS! Ahhh. Now gone 10 games without a single point (-4 in that time), 1 week until playoffs start. Booths never played in the NHL playoffs. Booth is sheltered defensively cause he is a liability (Sammy was not), he's not a physical guy (despite his 2 fights this yr), and he's not producing. It makes him Raymond v_2, which is top 6 on this team or bust.

I am just hoping to the hockey gods that Gillis's trades this yr won't come back to bite this team in the playoffs.

Edited by RunningWild, 05 April 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#145 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

Really, he was only 50% in the shootout. :shock:

Are you gonna say he was bad in the shootout after he got us the win in shootout?? what percentage was the other goalie?

#146 hf44

hf44

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

Unless Philly doesn't get a point tomorrow.

They will still have more wins. :towel:

#147 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

They will still have more wins. :towel:

The flyers wont get past the pens!

#148 hf44

hf44

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

Are you gonna say he was bad in the shootout after he got us the win in shootout?? what percentage was the other goalie?

Thanks for proving my point. :emot-parrot:

#149 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

Bieksa should have had his man with the Cammalleri goal.

Bieksa was terrible on that play. Reminded me of the Smith-Pelly goal the other night when Grags did the same thing. Wonder if its a set zone play or something like that.

#150 Stick-in-Rink

Stick-in-Rink

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,575 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHH I missed the game guys.

Anyone care to update me on why we lost to the Phlegms?

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.