Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

These Refs Need To Let Them Play The Game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
157 replies to this topic

#151 {nhl}

{nhl}

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

I said this earlier, but I think it bears repeating. In the previous meeting between the Kings and Canucks, Kyle Clifford was called for the snow shower as well. This was a game that Vancouver ended up winning 1-0 and the Kings at the time were not a sure bet to even make the playoffs. I thought it was a weak call back then as well, but the refs had cause both then, and now.

The reason it was called in both games is that the refs could see a level of animosity building up between the two teams that could have broken out into something much worse. If you think this is unique to the two referees from Wednesday night, you haven't been paying attention. Officials have been calling games this way for years. The higher the level of animosity, the more calls are made, lest the game get out of hand.

@ {nhl}: Good post. Broken down very well. Unfortunately, I doubt that it will change anyone's mind.

I don't mind them not changing their must blame someone mentality but I'm just glad some fans agree. Gives me hope for one of the most hated fan bases in the league.
NOBODY BEATS WILLIE

"Give Willie Mitchell a tough assignment and he’ll
treat it like life and death." - Alain Vigneault

#152 Nucks fan in TO

Nucks fan in TO

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

Seriously, we're one game into the playoffs, and we're already blaming the refs? News flash: our team played like crap. All those calls were fine except Kesler's snow shower. Both PP goals were the result of undisciplined play. We deserved what we got, hopefully, the team will play smarter, harder and forget the yapping tonight.

#153 Zamboni_14

Zamboni_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

anyone care to throw more blame at the refs?

#154 {nhl}

{nhl}

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

anyone care to throw more blame at the refs?

i think it is back to Duncan Keith now. Tune in for Game 3 to see who is next
NOBODY BEATS WILLIE

"Give Willie Mitchell a tough assignment and he’ll
treat it like life and death." - Alain Vigneault

#155 Zamboni_14

Zamboni_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

i think it is back to Duncan Keith now. Tune in for Game 3 to see who is next

yeah I see the threads that were started... I wonder how old I'll be when fans actually agree that the 'Nucks just didn't play good (well aside from all of the "blame Lu" threads.)

#156 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

screw the REFS, they gave us PPs and LA scored SHGs instead....

#157 Zamboni_14

Zamboni_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

just thought I'd bump this back up due to the Brown hit... in case people wanted to vent about how it should have been a 2 minute penalty.

#158 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,857 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

Just crunched some numbers, thought you should know, the officials are garbage again this yr.

Reminder: Of all 4 teams that made the conference finals last yr, Canucks were only team that never played a series with more PP time than opponent. The Hawks-Nucks series was by far the most lopsided series in the playoffs last yr. Meaning, of any series, Hawks were given an extraordinary amount more of PP opps than Canucks.

Flashforward: The story hasn't changed. In just 3 games this yr, Canucks have had 14 PP opps, LA's had 20. The '6' differential is the largest of any series. The next largest differential is '2'. In fact, Canucks are the most penalized team in the playoffs. Given the garbage that's took place in the Ott-NYR, Pitts-Phi and Det-Nash series, this information is mind blowing. Repeat, mind blowing! According to reg season stats, this series should be the 2nd most evenly officiated series (in terms of penalties against each team). Yet, somehow it's the most lopsided PP differential thus far?!!

And I know why ..... SCF referees coming back to haunt Canucks.

Game 1 and 3 had the worst differentials. Game 2 was pretty even. Well, guess who officiated games 1 and 3? Answer: The referees who officiated the SCF! Who officiated game 2? Answer: No one from the SCF!

I called this before the series started. These officials from the SCF have called against the Canucks this entire reg season (I've gone through game by game). It continues in the playoffs. Gillis has to see this fact and talk to the league privately. They are not hiding their bias, they are blatantly calling against Canucks.

Edited by RunningWild, 18 April 2012 - 12:02 AM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.