Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

What Changes Would You Make To Our Lineup For Game 2 (If Anything)?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
106 replies to this topic

#31 19eightyfour

19eightyfour

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:28 AM

if anything i would sit edler for a game. i know, it seems rash, but he was terrible tonight and seemed to have absolutely no drive. i'd probably only do this if ballard was available. if not, slot edler on the bottom pairing and limit his time. i don't think m.a.g. would be much better, and wouldn't take the risk. seriously though, go back and watch the highlights and you'll see how sluggish elder was and how many errors he made. and for the record, i'm not an edler hater, he just seems not to care as much at times (perhaps it's his way of confronting nerves, idk).

there were some other weak points (obviously), but edler was by far the weakest and as one of our top four d-men, he needs to have a fire lit under his arse. but ya, all this clearly imo.

#32 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:29 AM

If Danny does not come back then Lapierre should be slotted into the 1st line as he can be that agitating drive the net scorer Hank can pass to. As for the 4th, Wiese back out there. Is Bitz going to be suspended?

#33 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:38 AM

What, if any, changes should be made to the lineup for game 2?

Here's a few I was thinking of:

1) MAG in, Tanev out (for a game just to see how it works out): Tanev really didn't do so hot today. And I know MAG's suspect defensively, but could it be the boost the PP needs? Also, Rome played a decent game today, so I think it would make less sense to scratch him.

2) Try Kassian/Booth with Hank and Burr: Both of our 2 powerforwards had a pretty (relatively) solid game tonight. Kassian's really providing the toughness we were looking for in him, love the way he was getting into it with Greene today. And Booth seems like he's got a lot more jump in his stride.

I'm actually leaning towards moving Booth up in this one. I know it makes sense to have the Kessing Booth together, but let's face it, those 2 haven't really gotten it done on a line the past dozen games. Raymond can be slotted on the wing with Kes.

Since the refs seem to have it out for Canucks, we should dress this lineup

Lappiere-H.Sedin-Burrows
Kassian-Kesler-Booth
Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen
Weise-Bitz-Volpatti

Have a hitter or two on each line and grind the Kings down. I would have Bitz, Weise and Volpatti hit anything that has LA on the chest however they want. This is a war and we have to grind down their defenseman. IF that line knocks out Doughty and Richards, we would win the series easily.

Posted Image

#34 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:41 AM

if anything i would sit edler for a game. i know, it seems rash, but he was terrible tonight and seemed to have absolutely no drive. i'd probably only do this if ballard was available. if not, slot edler on the bottom pairing and limit his time. i don't think m.a.g. would be much better, and wouldn't take the risk. seriously though, go back and watch the highlights and you'll see how sluggish elder was and how many errors he made. and for the record, i'm not an edler hater, he just seems not to care as much at times (perhaps it's his way of confronting nerves, idk).

there were some other weak points (obviously), but edler was by far the weakest and as one of our top four d-men, he needs to have a fire lit under his arse. but ya, all this clearly imo.

Gillis needs to address this defense over the summer. The defense has been garbage all season except for Hamhuis. I really wish we could've kept Ehrhoff. Even if Ehrhoff made errors, at least he made up for it by being the best PP QB in this league and scoring points.

Posted Image

#35 Cristalinastar

Cristalinastar

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:45 AM

Dude are you really trying to tell me the Canucks should not call up a player that could help them in their quest for a Stanley Cup because of the optics behind taking a player away from your minor league club that plays in Chicago?

No kidding it was odd to read that

16 WINS-its the beauty way to go!

Posted Image

credit to canazzy

#36 Jma7

Jma7

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:49 AM

I'd leave things as they were when the team was winning, lapierre back to top line and raymond on 2nd. If the team can stay out of the box, they have a good shot at winning. Controlled the tempo quite well and I would say had a good edge even strength tonight. No need to really change things too much as this game isn't indicative of whether lines are good or not but I still dont like raymond on the top line that much.

Could throw in MAG or ballard in place of rome though since the kings dont really seem to be that tough a team so don't need rome's physical presence as much

Edited by Jma7, 12 April 2012 - 03:51 AM.

Posted Image

#37 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:57 AM

I rather see Ebbett in, now that Bitz is most likely gone for a while, that is a definitely possibility... Unless Weise is given a chance, which im not too hot on.

#38 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:00 AM

We are missing Ballard, that's for sure. I don't care what our record on closing games was, we miss his grit, composure and speed.

Also, I'm sick of saying this but can Booth lift his xxxxx head up now and again. It's all right looking flashy and eye-catching but I lost count of the number of times a sideways pass would have been more dangerous............I'm really getting sick of his selfish approach. Last night Kesler AND Raymond were passing but still Booth doesn't get the message. He is going to hurt this team if he doesn't change his ways. Put him up with Burrows who he should model himself on.

But for Lu we would never have been in the game up to the end. Bitz is out of his depth and these playoffs are a year too early for Kass.

I would try Gragnani instead of Bitz and bring back Weise. Hopefully we will get Daniel back soon.

Booth - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Raymond

Lapierre Pahlsson Hansen

Gragnani Malhotra Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Salo
Ballard - Tanev
Kevin.jpg

#39 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:18 AM

Seriously, how long until Ballard comes back. I think the team is missing him more than they realize.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#40 ricardo_604ca

ricardo_604ca

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:33 AM

burrows - h sedin - lapierre
ebbett/raymond - kesler - booth
higgins - pahlsson - hansen
weise - malhotra - kassian

they shouldn't have taken lappy off the top line in the first place, that line was great together .you take him off the first line then what you end up with is 2 less effective lines ...besides kes & booth with their style of play, will get it going soon.. regardless.
you can tell that lappy and burr have a bit of chemistry ,they are constantly talking together on the bench and hank seems more at ease with them. i say ebbett may be the better fit in the second line as he would be willing to set up kes & booth then be quick to pounce on the rebounds although i'd try raymond too, maybe let them compete for that spot.
3rd line stays the same.
with the 4th line i like the idea of having more of a physical element .
bitz will probably get a suspension. i like his physical play but he is a defensive liability, clearly he was not capable of holding his position on the 1st line and we just have better options then him for the 4th line. maybe when push comes to shove we can try him again on 4th line.

#41 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:35 AM

We are missing Ballard, that's for sure. I don't care what our record on closing games was, we miss his grit, composure and speed.

Also, I'm sick of saying this but can Booth lift his xxxxx head up now and again. It's all right looking flashy and eye-catching but I lost count of the number of times a sideways pass would have been more dangerous............I'm really getting sick of his selfish approach. Last night Kesler AND Raymond were passing but still Booth doesn't get the message. He is going to hurt this team if he doesn't change his ways. Put him up with Burrows who he should model himself on.

But for Lu we would never have been in the game up to the end. Bitz is out of his depth and these playoffs are a year too early for Kass.

I would try Gragnani instead of Bitz and bring back Weise. Hopefully we will get Daniel back soon.

Booth - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Raymond

Lapierre Pahlsson Hansen

Gragnani Malhotra Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Salo
Ballard - Tanev

Please tell me you are joking? You know Gragnani is a defenceman right?! And putting Tanev and Ballard together? Have people forgotten that Ballard is a turnover machine? And you expect the rookie to clean up after him. Line up fail!

#42 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

Please tell me you are joking? You know Gragnani is a defenceman right?! And putting Tanev and Ballard together? Have people forgotten that Ballard is a turnover machine? And you expect the rookie to clean up after him. Line up fail!

Have you been watching the games this season or are you still in a biased "pre Ballard on his right side" mode? As for Gragnani, of course I realise he is a defender, however if he can't put on a better show on the 4th than Bitz last night I'll eat my left one.
Gragnani is ultra offensive, has good speed and hands and a decent shot .............Bitz is......zzzzzzzzzz

You qualify for the blinded by bias and lacking in imagination FAIL my friend.
Kevin.jpg

#43 ricardo_604ca

ricardo_604ca

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:22 AM

i'm not sure how much patience the coach has but i think it's possible he will reunite the amex line for game 2, if not then definitely game 3 if they lose 2 in a row. now some would say to keep the 3rd line together but the truth is our offense is a little thin to spread over 3 lines without daniel. i say coach loads up the 1st and 2nd lines and maybe tries ebbett or raymond on the 3rd line . although we only lost the first game i feel we need to make this move ...the coach knows the magic lappy did on the first line with burr and hank and everyone knows what the amex line can do. this is the right approach i'm hoping it's done for game 2 rather then hold off till game 3. we are not as deep without daniel and we can't pretend we are.

BURROWS - H SEDIN - LAPIERRE
HIGGINS - KESLER - BOOTH
EBBETT/RAYMOND - PAHLSSON - HANSEN
WEISE - MALHOTRA - KASSIAN

#44 nucks4sure

nucks4sure

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:28 AM

Reinprecht up and on the 3rd line and Balard and Alberts 3rd pairing.Cassian gets 1 more game and if he doesn't contribute then he sits.

Lappy Hank Burrows
Booth Kesler Higgins
Hansen Pahlsson Reinprecht
Ebbet Malhotra Cassian

Bieksa Hamhuis
Edler Salo
Ballard Alberts

#45 tkoisthx

tkoisthx

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

I want Raymond in the press box if he's going to be his usual, infuriating self again. Watching him skate away from the net, take shots from the outside, and fall down if/when he reaches a corner got old a long time ago.

#46 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

I want Raymond in the press box if he's going to be his usual, infuriating self again. Watching him skate away from the net, take shots from the outside, and fall down if/when he reaches a corner got old a long time ago.

You're pathetic mate. He was one of our better players and you are still winging on like he stole your lollipop. Open your eyes and park your bias for the night.
Kevin.jpg

#47 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

Have you been watching the games this season or are you still in a biased "pre Ballard on his right side" mode? As for Gragnani, of course I realise he is a defender, however if he can't put on a better show on the 4th than Bitz last night I'll eat my left one.
Gragnani is ultra offensive, has good speed and hands and a decent shot .............Bitz is......zzzzzzzzzz

You qualify for the blinded by bias and lacking in imagination FAIL my friend.

All for imagination but... Putting a defensemen into a 4th line forward slot that is an energy line... Someone who has never played a professional forward shift... Not so much. If there was ANY chance of them doing this, they would have done it during the regular season when they were basically forced to play him.

Ballard-Tanev was a great pairing.. I would go with:

Booth Sedin Burrows (short of reuniting the AMEX [AV loves his shutdown line so that ain't happening]) this is the best way to get more overall chemistry on the team... Kesler and Booth don't mix well without Higgins)
Lapierre Kesler Raymond/Kassian
Higgins Pahlsson Hansen
Malhotra Reinprecht Volpatti (if ready, Kassian/Raymond if not)

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#48 klw604

klw604

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

Salo looked slow and brutal with rome.

Hamuis Bieksa
Edler Salo
Rome Tanev - stay away from top two lines

#49 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,559 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

Put Newell Brown up in the rafters and have him just watch how play develops with a headset. Have AV simplify the power play.
In the offseason fire Brown.

Lapierre H.Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler Booth
Reinprecht Pahlsson Hansen
Ebbett Malhotra Kassian

Raymond sits for the first round.

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Salo
Ballard Tanev (If Ballard can play, other than that Rome)
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#50 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

Sedin-Sedin-Lapierre
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen
Weise-Malhotra-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Rome-Salo
Posted Image

#51 Big Time

Big Time

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

AV needs to realize that the first line is not the place where you slot slumping guys to try and get them going. I have no idea what MayRay has done to deserve first line duty but all he does is drag everyone on the line down. He is basically the anti-Higgins. Lappy was perfectly effective on the first line and actually produced. I would put Lappy on the first and MayRay on the 4th line. If he's not going to score, he might as well be playing with players who aren't expected to.

Booth was flying tonight btw. Maybe it's time he got a shot with Henrik.

#52 gragnanifan1

gragnanifan1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

put ballard in for rome and please call up reinprecht
Posted Image
credit goes to allons-y
Posted Image NHL 13 GM Connected -GM of the Hurricanes http://forum.canucks...ed-league-xbox/

#53 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Burrows - Sedin - Lappy
Booth - Ebbett - Kassian*
Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen
Malhotra - Kesler - Weise

Hamhuis - Tanev
Rome - Beiksa
Edler - Salo

Luo

*If Kassian struggles then Weise gets second line time.

Edited by Tanev's Smirk, 12 April 2012 - 08:55 AM.

#54 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Reinprecht  up and on the 3rd line and Balard and Alberts 3rd pairing.Cassian gets 1 more game and if he doesn't contribute then he sits.

Lappy Hank Burrows
Booth Kesler Higgins
Hansen Pahlsson Reinprecht
Ebbet Malhotra Cassian

Bieksa Hamhuis
Edler Salo
Ballard Alberts

If you want to critique a player at least know who he is, Cassian does not play for the Canucks but there is a guy named Kassian.

#55 RC_22

RC_22

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

Lapierre H.Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler Booth
Raymond Pahlsson Hansen
Weise Malhotra Kassian

try to let Higgins to get that second line scoring.

#56 burrows42010

burrows42010

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

With Daniel:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Lappiere-Kesler-Booth
Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen
Raymond-Malhotra-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Salo
MAG-Tanev

Lu

and without Daniel, slot Kassian in his place with Raymond on the 4th.

first of all....i dont like to make lines up for AV...thats his job...but i would really be curious to see how LA handled danny on the second with kes and lappy with burr and hank.thots are danny is also an excellent set-up guy.booth and kes are shooters.
it could work...at any rate...not my job.go canucks go!i will cheer for them win or lose!

#57 tjkaemingh

tjkaemingh

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

No thanks to MAG

Daniel in?
Dank, Hank Burr
HIggy Kes Booth
Ray Palhl Hans
Lappy Manny Wiese
(could flip Raymond & Lappy?)

4th line was not good enough last night. stuck in their zone too much.
AMEX line rocks

Daniel out?
Put Kassian on line 4, Lappy up to line 1

Bieksa Hammer
Edler Salo
Tanev Rome

Tanev was fine last night
Juice and Edler are too casual together, defensively careless. Lou saved them a lot.

Lou was great in net.

Stay out of the f n penalty box.

#58 erkayloomeh

erkayloomeh

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

I noticed some things tonight that i was hoping would dissappear in the scp but didnt.
Problem number 1. On line 1 henriks line mates were not getting themselves in position to receive a pass and it ended up with hank deking himself into a corner. Having a great playmaker like hank was a waste and rendered the first line useless.
problem 2 our second line still has no chemistry. while i liked booths physical effort i thought he played as an individual and didnt use his linemates. he would often just shoot the puck immediately upon getting an opportunity. he needs to play with more patients and stop shooting when he has a very low chance of netting it. at least 50% of the time you will end up losing posession when you do that. kesler and raymond also play as individuals and they do n ot utilize each other nearly enough. especially raymond does not work on that line. i understand the logic by av of playing raymond because of his attributes but I think its time he sits because he does not fit in to the third or fourth line either.
problem 3 diving....i was embarrassed
problem 4 especially in the first period we had alot of defensive zone breakdowns. this is the playoffs?

you can look to problems 1 and 2 if your wondering why our pp sucks.
The big question is why are we playing like this? our pp and offense started to dry up long before Daniels injury.
Im concerned that i have heard at least three players in the last nonth comment on mental fatigue from the long run last year.

last nights loss was not a lack of physical effort but a team that for whatever eason was not mentally prepared for this game. If we do not develope some fluent chemistry on our top 2 lines we will be done.
GOD BE PRAISED

#59 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

go with what worked well in the last few games or over the season

lappy/hank/burr
higs/kes/booth
mayray/phalsson/hansen
and then 4th is anyone goes

YES!!!!!!!! With how Lappy played on the first line in Daniels absence and the playmaking abilities of Higgy on the Amex line, if we don't see these lines in the first round and we lose AV should get fired!!!!!

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#60 burrows42010

burrows42010

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

with danny
burrows hank lapierre(passer and grit)
booth kes danny(skill and grit)
higgins pahlson hansen (got it right)
reinprect manny weise(speed and grit)
without danny
burrows hank lapierre
reinprecht kes booth
higgins pahlsson hansen
bitz/ebbett manny weise
or something like that....AV KNOWS HIS GUYS BEST!GO CANUCKS GO!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.