The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Changes Would You Make To Our Lineup For Game 2 (If Anything)?

I have a hunch that Daniel will miraculously be ready to play on game 2.

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows - Beast mode on

Raymond - Kesler - Booth -Speed to burn

Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen - Shutdown the Richards line

Malhotra - Lappiere - Kassian - Hit everything

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Salo

Rome - Tanev

Talk about making massive changes to the lineup after one game is ridiculous. The problem last night was the number of penalty minutes. Whatever game plan AV had went undone to a large extent. The LA d-core were able to keep the Van forwards to the outside to a large extent and point shots were being blocked. Even with that they hit two posts. Considering the amount of PK the Van offence did show potential. I was disappointed that the LA d-core weren't banged up more. The hitting game had to be abandoned to an extent because of PK and falling behind scoring. The hitting game on the LA d-core has to be established for any Van success over a series.

As stated previously this series will be won/loss in the Van d-zone. Lou played a great game. The defence gave up chances but all considered I would think LA should be concerned they only scored 4. Aggressive LA forecheck forces Van to move the puck faster than they want to. More offfensive zone time with a goal or two might back LA up which would give Van's puck possession game more room. Putting Tanev with Hamhuis and Salo with Rome still makes sence IMHO. It is a big challenge for Tanev against top forwards but I thought he did well enough.

So I don't see lineup changes of any consequence. Bitz gets a suspension and Weise comes in.

AV needs to realize that the first line is not the place where you slot slumping guys to try and get them going. I have no idea what MayRay has done to deserve first line duty but all he does is drag everyone on the line down. He is basically the anti-Higgins. Lappy was perfectly effective on the first line and actually produced. I would put Lappy on the first and MayRay on the 4th line. If he's not going to score, he might as well be playing with players who aren't expected to.

Booth was flying tonight btw. Maybe it's time he got a shot with Henrik.

While watching the game, I thought several times: we really need Daniel back. Our PP sucked really bad, it hasn't been great even with him, but he does make a difference.

I say don't play MAG. He's way too offensive, and if we have another bad game with that many penalties, we'll have 5 d-man on the PK.

Raymond played well IMO. So:

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen

Malhotra - Lapierre - Kassian

It's basic, but if they play with discipline, they will win this series.

Changes? Put a zap collar on Kesler. Give Edler some smelling salts. Basically it was a poor team effort they left the discipline they have been working on

for the last few seasons on the bench! We know that a steady stream to the box will be our demise (see blackhawks). Discipline tighter D and move the puck out of our zone for f sakes. It all starts with our back end.

Burrows Sedin Lappy - Lappy played very well on this line and he creates some space out there

Higgins Kes Kassian - Kesler needs something to remind him it's not August, Higgy in the corner, Kassian creating space

Booth Sammy Hansen - I think Booth would work on this line, he gains the zone well, and Hansen works with everyone

Weise Manny Raymond - Some speed, Manny and Raymond are defensively responsible, and Weise is under-rated

I don't get the bItz love among the fan base.......aside from the two games he played with the twins, he's been a dud........suspension or not, get him out. I'm waiting for Reinprecht

Bieksa Hammer

Edler Salo

Tanev Rome

back to the basics

Outshot on a 2:1 level.

Some forwards need to step it up so I would expect a better team game on Friday.

Tanev may have been out of his league on the first pairing.

Could use Ballard big time but I suspect Chris will be put back on the third pairing next game.

Salo/Tanev third pairing.

Manny is having a tough go of it.

The jitters from Kas will be gone.The kid will be all right and I expect a revamped fourth to help the outcome.

Go Nucks!

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Raymond - Pahlsson - Hansen

Malhotra - Lapierre - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Salo

Ballard - Tanev

Lou

Schneider

I think we need Lappy back on the 4th line. Without him that line just seems useless and needs to have its minutes sheltered. We want to be able to roll all four lines. I don't like splitting up the 3rd line because they have been so good, but maybe reuniting the AMEX line and bumping Higgins up will give it a spark? Seems like we've tried everything.

The diving, b*tching and whining from the Canucks needs to stop. Kesler's "cartwheel" was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. Get diving out of the game. Kes needs to shut his mouth if a call doesn't go his way. It's straight embarrassing...

My game 2 lineup.

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Z.Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Pahllsson-Hansen

Raymond-LaPierre-Bitz

If Daniel and Bitz can't go

Booth-H.Sedin-Kassian

Raymond-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Pahllsson-Hansen

Malhotra-LaPierre-Wiese

Hamuis-Bieksa

Edler-Salo

Rome-Alberts

If this team doesn't show up in Game 2 then we might have something to worry about. until then i'm confident the boys will bounce back and kick some a** on Friday.

I have a hunch that Daniel will miraculously be ready to play on game 2.

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows - Beast mode on

Raymond - Kesler - Booth -Speed to burn

Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen - Shutdown the Richards line

Malhotra - Lappiere - Kassian - Hit everything

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Salo

Rome - Tanev

Have you been watching the games this season or are you still in a biased "pre Ballard on his right side" mode? As for Gragnani, of course I realise he is a defender, however if he can't put on a better show on the 4th than Bitz last night I'll eat my left one.

Gragnani is ultra offensive, has good speed and hands and a decent shot .............Bitz is......zzzzzzzzzz

You qualify for the blinded by bias and lacking in imagination FAIL my friend.

I think the most important move if Daniel isn't back would be reuniting the line that worked well for the last part of the season:

Burrows - Sedin - Lapierre

Obviously Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen should stick together. This would be my plan if I were AV:

Burrows - Sedin - Lapierre

Ebbett - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen

Raymond - Malhotra - Kassian

I honestly thought it was a stupid decision by AV to break up a lineup that was winning. And Bitz in over Ebbett?? I don't really get what Ebbett has to do in his limited role to get a chance. I liked Booth's game and Henrik played well for the MOST part.

Either way, I don't see the Canucks losing tomorrow.

Archived