The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marchand Playoff Diving

The whole point of this thread was to show how ridiculous and bias the media is towards the Canucks. Do some of the Canucks dive? Sure they do. Most educated fans would agree. But when your very own team dives, you (the Bostons Bruins) don't have the right to call the Canucks out for diving. Hypocrisy at its finest.

wow its like i have a time machine , went into the future and saw that you were about to post this because you sir are the biggest anti homer - i hate the canucks but love em when they do good type of loser there is

i understand that someone was going to post that , i dont think marchand is the only diver in the league

but i knew YOU would post it , not anyone else YOU

seriously go cheer for the leafs so you really have something to complain about

i understand that someone was going to post that , i dont think marchand is the only diver in the league

but i knew YOU would post it , not anyone else YOU

seriously go cheer for the leafs so you really have something to complain about

I am a realist, not a hater.

If I see Kesler take a blatant dive I point it out. The Canucks dive more than most teams, if you don't see that you are blind.

Do I like how the media only points out Canuck dives? No. Do I acknowledge that that Kesler is embellishing what seems to be every play he is involved in? Yes.

The first Backstrom crosscheck was kinda legit, a bit light but I would still make that call. The 2nd/3rd ones were Olympic podium-worthy LOLz.

re: Kesler-Mitchell dive. It was a dumb dive to take since he was going to get called for it regardless if he went down or not (this is not always this case though)

Even the Jack Edward's partner called him on it after Backstroms little push to his back.

But every team has a diver or a couple. We have Kesler, Burrows, Lapierre, and at times; Henrik Sedin. We also have Raymond who looks like a flopper due to constantly falling down ,but really he isn't one.

Bruins have Ference, Krejci, Peverley, and Big nose.

I am a realist, not a hater.

If I see Kesler take a blatant dive I point it out. The Canucks dive more than most teams, if you don't see that you are blind.

Do I like how the media only points out Canuck dives? No. Do I acknowledge that that Kesler is embellishing what seems to be every play he is involved in? Yes.

It's not that other teams don't dive it just seems like the nucks make it so blatantly obvious at times. I don't know what kesler was thinking but that's the kind of move that deflates your team, it's basically like saying to your teammates "I don't think we can score 5on5 so I'm gonna draw a penalty". Same thing with the backwards somersault I'm gm 1, it gives the impression that you have zero confidence in your team's ability to score.

Latest new on Marchand diving: Getting speared by Chimera..

Brad Marchand is one of those irritating players. Brian Burke might call him a rat. He's the sort of guy that can drive a man to do things he might not otherwise do, such as, say, spear Brad Marchand in the groin with the blade of his stick.

That's what Washington Capitals forward Jason Chimera did. For this, he was inexplicably given a two-minute penalty for slashing. There is, I remind you, NHL officials, a spearing rule, and this could be an instructional video on an instance in which to call it:

crotch-shot.jpggroin shot

Here's how it went down:

Ouch. Right in the Li'l Champion.

But don't weep for Marchand. The man was absolutely committed to drawing penalties in this game, so I'm sure he found this spear just as satisfying as Chimera did. Plus the Bruins won, so he took one for the boys, both literally and figuratively.

Archived