Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
714 replies to this topic

#601 George_Costanza

George_Costanza

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

Schneider on the other hand just looks like he's biding his time until he can get a ticket out of here.

Talk out of your butt more.
Posted Image

#602 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,158 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

IF CS has no intrest of staying here, he would have pulled a Hodgson and asked for a trade asoon as they signed Luongo to the lifetime contract.

Luongo most certainly will be the one that will be traded. Hearing his interview, It doesnt sound like a guy who thinks he will be back or want to come back.

He knows that MG will not ask him to waive his NTC so he had to break the ice and publicly declare he is open to a trade if asked. MG cant use the "Oh we dont ask players to waive their NTCs" excuse in this one.

Listening to his interview it sounded like reporters were asking lead on questions because they all assume that he will be traded. Nothing more than speculation from the media.

Luongo will not be traded, sorry to burst your bubble. Schneider is much more marketable and will fetch us a solid piece at the draft.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#603 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

What if Cory rises to the same classy level as Luongo and Schneids asks Gillis to trade/move him because he doesn't want to take a good friend's job?

Edited by Neversummer, 24 April 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#604 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,158 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

What if Cory rises to the same classy level as Luongo and Schneids and ask Gillis to trade/move him because he doesn't want to take a good friend's job?

Exactly my thoughts. The longer this awkward situation drags on, the more likely it is that Schneider is going to request to be traded.

Gillis better deal with this situation swiftly, so that either player can move on with their careers.

Edited by DeNiro, 24 April 2012 - 09:59 PM.

Posted Image

#605 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

Listening to his interview it sounded like reporters were asking lead on questions because they all assume that he will be traded. Nothing more than speculation from the media.

Luongo will not be traded, sorry to burst your bubble. Schneider is much more marketable and will fetch us a solid piece at the draft.

Saying Luongo will not be traded is nothing more than speculation from you.

I'm sure BioWare is loving this. Lots of speculation from everyone!

#606 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

Unless were getting Ryan Murray or Nail Yakupov, There is no prospect in the draft thats more valuable than an NHL ready starting goaltender like CS.

#607 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,158 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

Saying Luongo will not be traded is nothing more than speculation from you.

I'm sure BioWare is loving this. Lots of speculation from everyone!

Well it's more speculation on the media's part since they asked the question about him waiving his NTC.

No one in the media was even talking about the idea of trading Luongo until about a week ago. Why would management all of a sudden change their plans out of the blue. The plan has always been to trade Schneider, Gillis has talked about it countless times.

Edited by DeNiro, 24 April 2012 - 10:07 PM.

Posted Image

#608 RGC

RGC

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

To me this is heartbreaking, It's personal..you develop a relationship with these guys, they become a part of your life, A Big part, They give memories for a life-time, good and bad...I have a feeling of what's going to happen with Luongo but all I have to say is that I'd rather win the cup with him then with out him. It won't feel right, He deserves it. Class act.

You might need a little more going on in your life if this is the case though, because these guys don't care about you or even know who you are. Sorry to burst the bubble.

And that might sound harsh, but this is why a lot of fans could never be GMs. All that advertising rhetoric about the team being a family, etc., is just that, rhetoric. In reality, the team is a business. Business' must succeed and make money. You don't hold on to an asset passed it's usefulness unless you want to ensure your decline. In this case we have a 33 year old goalie and a 26 year old goalie. The business decision is simple.

Edited by RGC, 24 April 2012 - 10:09 PM.

#609 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

If Luongo does get traded I hope it's not to Toronto. Those fans are total a**es and would make fun of him every chance they get, they might throw waffles at him. Hopefully he goes to a legitimate team like Tampa where he has a solid chance to win the cup.

TO fans and media would be worse than Vancouver's fans and media.

Edited by Canucksbiggestfan, 24 April 2012 - 10:10 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#610 RGC

RGC

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

Well it's more speculation on the media's part since they asked the question about him waiving his NTC.

No one in the media was even talking about the idea of trading Luongo until about a week ago. Why would management all of a sudden change their plans out of the blue. The plan has always been to trade Schneider, Gillis has talked about it countless times.

That's only because everyone deemed Luongo's contract unmovable. But there are certain teams you could move it to. Luongo also, if you recall, didn't get the call in two elimination games for Vancouver this year, that's a pretty big statement on the team's behalf right there.

#611 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

Exactly my thoughts. The longer this awkward situation drags on, the more likely it is that Schneider is going to request to be traded.

Gillis better deal with this situation swiftly, so that either player can move on with their careers.

Yeah Im sure CS will feel so bad that he might consider quiting hockey because he cant live with the guilt of taking a job from his friend.. ?? like seriously? lol

Luongo sounded genuinely happy for CS and is willing to waive his NTC so his friend/teammate can take over for him.

#612 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

Like Gillis said, they didn't play Schneider in those last 3 games by accident.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#613 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,158 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

Unless were getting Ryan Murray or Nail Yakupov, There is no prospect in the draft thats more valuable than an NHL ready starting goaltender like CS.

Well when you already have a starting goalie in Luongo, why wouldn't you try and trade for a young impact player?

You're telling me you wouldn't trade Schneider for a player that could become as good as Malkin? Not saying that Grigerenko will be, but what if he did? I don't think you can underestimate the impact a top 3 pick can have on a franchise.

Posted Image

#614 RGC

RGC

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

Well when you already have a starting goalie in Luongo, why wouldn't you try and trade for a young impact player?

You're telling me you wouldn't trade Schneider for a player that could become as good as Malkin? Not saying that Grigerenko will be, but what if he did? I don't think you can underestimate the impact a top 3 pick can have on a franchise.

How on earth do you think the Canucks will be able to get a top three pick for a player that is an RFA? Please enlighten me.

#615 Hax

Hax

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Hopefully he goes to a legitimate team like Tampa where he has a solid chance to win the cup.

This is the most likely scenario amidst the speculation IMO. Close to "home" with his family and TB has the pieces that Van would likely be looking for in either top-6 scoring or top-4 defence with Sami likely on his way out. Taking Tampa's first wouldn't be out of the question either as they have a solid (if recently underperforming) team ATM.

#616 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

I'd rather hold on to Cory and if he's the one to go then trade him for an NHL ready player. This team need help in certain areas now.

#617 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

All I heard MG talk about a hundred times, is that he's happy with the goaltending situation and is in no hurry to trade either one. I dont know where you get that from. I never heard MG say we plan on trading CS.. EVER, unless theres an interview i must have missed.

#618 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,158 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

Yeah Im sure CS will feel so bad that he might consider quiting hockey because he cant live with the guilt of taking a job from his friend.. ?? like seriously? lol

Luongo sounded genuinely happy for CS and is willing to waive his NTC so his friend/teammate can take over for him.

Who said anything about quitting hockey? He wants to be a number 1. How would this not be an awkward situation for him? It would be an awkward situation for any goalie, let alone ones who actually seem to be friends.

The longer he thinks that becoming a number 1 isn't gonna happen here, the more likely him and his agent are just going to want him to move elsewhere. I'm sure he would prefer to just avoid all the drama and controversy.

Posted Image

#619 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,158 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

All I heard MG talk about a hundred times, is that he's happy with the goaltending situation and is in no hurry to trade either one. I dont know where you get that from. I never heard MG say we plan on trading CS.. EVER, unless theres an interview i must have missed.

You must have missed the countless times that he said that he would move Schneider if a really good deal came along. Or the countless interviews where he stated that Schneider will be a great goalie wherever he goes.

Posted Image

#620 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,158 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

I'd rather hold on to Cory and if he's the one to go then trade him for an NHL ready player. This team need help in certain areas now.

A top 3 pick can be a NHL ready player. Just look at Duchene or Nugent-Hopkins.

A guy like Grigerenko could step right into our second line.

Posted Image

#621 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

if we get Yakupov, Murray or Grigorenko, then yes, im on that trade Luongo boat with you. the 3rd overall pick belongs to MTL and they dont need a goaltender. The only real trade partner we have in the draft if we want to get an impact rookie is CBJ, even then are they willing to part their pick? Thats the only 3 players in the draft that i think could play right away in the NHL.

If were just trading CS for a 6-10th overall pick, its a waste, the current core has about 2-3 good years left in them so trading CS for a rookie we have to develop makes no sense to me.

But like i said, if were getting the big 3 in the draft, then im on the same trade CS boat with you lol.

#622 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,158 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

How on earth do you think the Canucks will be able to get a top three pick for a player that is an RFA? Please enlighten me.

Cause Columbus is desperate and they have dumb GM.

Obviously it wouldn't be just Schneider, and it would probably have to be a sign and trade.

Posted Image

#623 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

You must have missed the countless times that he said that he would move Schneider if a really good deal came along. Or the countless interviews where he stated that Schneider will be a great goalie wherever he goes.

Doesnt that apply to every player? including Luongo?

#624 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

Ssshhhhh.

Acknowledging that would put an end to the Cory is the one being traded speculation.

Edited by Tanev's Smirk, 24 April 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#625 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,158 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

Umm no, since he's never publicly come out and stated that he would accept a deal for Luongo.

Posted Image

#626 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

Umm no, since he's never publicly come out and stated that he would accept a deal for Luongo.

Pretty sure he's stated that no one is untouchable if the right deal came along.

#627 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,158 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Pretty sure he's stated that no one is untouchable if the right deal came along.

I've never heard him say that and I doubt he would, since that would mean the Sedins are tradable.

Posted Image

#628 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

If Luongo does get traded I hope it's not to Toronto. Those fans are total a**es and would make fun of him every chance they get, they might throw waffles at him. Hopefully he goes to a legitimate team like Tampa where he has a solid chance to win the cup.

TO fans and media would be worse than Vancouver's fans and media.

Um ... you know that the fan base here in Vancouver have acted like arses and been pretty harsh on Lui up until about a week ago, right?

#629 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Either Goalie can be dealt here.

Luongo still holds all the cards with the NTC, I'm sure there are teams that he does not want to play on.
Moving Schneider will be easy, while Luongo will have a more limited market.

#630 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

Rather would have a more reliable source. The player exit meetings have not even begun for crying out loud.

A more reliable source... Good luck with that.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.