The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[The Province] Raymond, Malhotra Might Not Fit In Picture Next Season

-Vintage Canuck-

Will we see both of them in a Canucks Uniform?  

387 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think MG has already made a decision on both these players already. MG was very strong in his support on keeping MayRay. As for Manny, I believe he'll come back at a discount price. He was doing very well before the eye injury. I think this summer would largely benefit him to get ready for the 2012 - 2013 season

Raymond - does not fit in the top 6 or bottom 6.

Malhotra - makes too much for a one dimensional player.

The Canucks want to get younger and bigger, getting rid of these 2 would be a start and open up room for Jensen and Schroeder.

Barring any trades, I wouldnt mind seeing this lineup next season.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Jensen - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen

Kassian - Lappiere - Weise

when it comes to Malhotra, I'd like to see him with a full summer of workouts and conditioning, and see how he performs next season. Maybe he can get back to the way he played in his first season here. In fact, AV leaned on him a lot to win d-zone faceoffs against the Kings and he was damn good, even though Pahlsson was supposed to be the 3rd line centre winning important draws. As for Raymond, I don't know what Gillis could get for him. His trade value must be at an all time low

I'm assuming Malhotra will be brought back. His face-off ability is still great, and with a full off season to train and start to feel good about himself, I think he can re-capture the game he displayed two years ago when he first got here.

We all remember two years ago, right? How we had a shut-down third line that could check any other team's top line into the ice, and how we didn't care if they scored all that much? And how that, with the scoring from the top two lines would equal the Cup? And how that all changed when Malhotra got injured? I believe that him at center, with Higgins and Hansen on the wings, will be great next year.

Raymond, I hate to say it but I suspect he will be moved, one way or another. He may be packaged in the assumed upcoming goalie trade, or his contract may be left just a bit too long on the back burner such that another team will be able to submit an offer sheet. If the deal is good enough, I think he should take it, and if the deal is good enough then Gillis will let him.

What would be a good enough deal as far as Gillis is concerned? I suspect that it is something which gets the team the highest 2nd round pick possible, but a first rounder would be better.

regards,

G.

The Canucks want to get younger and bigger, getting rid of these 2 would be a start and open up room for Jensen and Schroeder.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Jensen - Kesler - Booth

I hope Raymond is packaged with Luongo for either a top 6 power forward + prospect, or a top 2 defenseman + prospect.

We need to add some scoring to our team. Would love to add someone to fill the void that Ehroff left behind.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Jensen - Kesler - Booth

Archived