The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Classy Bruins Fans

Visp

Hmmmm. I just checked and team Canada didn't take any nucks! This is a travesty!! Don't they know how clutch Burr is?? How about Bieksa or Lu?? It is probably a conspiracy engineered by Bettman and Cherry to exclude the nucks from the world championships.

Did you speak out on this forum when one of your memebers put up a picture portraying Byfuglien as a monkey ? I was here at the time and it was very quiet .... I didn't see you say a word about it, but now out come those who have some sort of moral authority ? Spare me your righteous indignation, and as I said after last years fiasco and the Buf depection as an ape this forum and the fan base should keep their mouths shut.

Bruins deplore 'classless, ignorant' comments directed at Ward

In response to a string of racially motivated and disgusting tweets from Bruins fans aimed at Washington Capitals forward Joel Ward following his overtime game-winning goal in last night’s Game 7 at TD Garden, the Boston Bruins have released a statement on Thursday afternoon.

The statement denounces the cowardly, hate-borne tweets and disassociates the club from the misguided small faction of the B’s fan base that embarrassed themselves by channeling their sports anguish into misguided hate.

Washington Capitals owner Ted Leonsis has already come out with his own blog post denouncing the racist fans and openly hoping that they can be brought to public scrutiny for spreading their racist toxic waste on twitter.

Here is the statement from the Bruins:

“The Bruins are very disappointed by the racist comments that were made following the game last night. These classless, ignorant views are in now way a reflection of anyone associated with the Bruins organization.”

Archived