Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Luongo To Submit Shortlist (Chicago, Florida, Toronto, Tampa Bay)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
341 replies to this topic

#151 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

No 5.3 for ten years for a goalie whose best years are behind him.... I mean Luongo doesn't guarantee anything, except that you are doing the Nucks a favor by taking that silly contract...

Nobody takes that contract without either giving a junk contract back or having it reduce the compensation in a big way.

It's not 5.3 for ten years. In reality its 5.3 for 6 more years. Thats a descent contract for Luongo.

If Luongo was a UFA right now do you think he can get 5.3 for 6 years? I do. I think 5.3 for 5 years would ge a great deal for Luongo, adding 1 more year does not make it a terrible contract.

Look what Philly got back for Jeff Carter and he has a huge lengthy contract. His contract was 11 years long with the last 3 years at 3 mil, 2 mil and 2 mil at which point he would retire. Luongo's last 3 yearts are 1.6 mil, 1.0 mil 1.0 mil. Carter got traded twice in a year with a substantial package coming back in both trades.

Edited by WHL rocks, 26 April 2012 - 06:14 PM.

#152 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,430 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

Sad to say, based on article's I read, and reading the Leafs forums, as fans, they are not willing to part with Gardiner, or their 5th pick. At this point, I'm really not sure what they can offer us. I have to decline

The following Players Individually I'm not really a fan of

Komaserek. Just flat out awful. He has toughness, but he doesn't have the intangible's of a guy that can play "some offence" and he has 2 years left in his contract

Kadri. Attitude problem. Rumors from others Leafs fan, said that he was very unhappy about being sent back down to the farm team. Also not really a fan of his.

Phil Kessel. If they are willing to Trade Kessel to us, I will be ok with it, not super happy, but I will be fine with him. He an elite offensive player, top 5 shooters in the leauge, star player, 2 years left on his contract, sometimes lazy, he's only motivated when his team is winning. Again, i'm "OK" with him

Gardiner. According to leafs fans he's a no fly zone. So I guess we shouldn't talk about him. But honestly, if Burke is offering a bunch of players we don't want, there's no point in even bothering Calling Gillis.

5th pick. I'm not sure how the hell a pick can be "untouchable" But oh well. In the end it's Burke shooting himself in the foot. Gillis is not expecting something huge in return, that being said, we are not going to take another teams dirty Laundry.

Luke Schenn. Nuff said. Just a pile of meat. Not sure why we take him.

Lupul. Lupul is only that productive if he's given top line minutes. That spot is already occupied by Daniel Sedin. So no.

Sad to say, he won't be going Toronto this summer.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#153 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Sad to say, based on article's I read, and reading the Leafs forums, as fans, they are not willing to part with Gardiner, or their 5th pick. At this point, I'm really not sure what they can offer us. I have to decline

Komaserek. Just flat out awful. He has toughness, but he doesn't have the intangible's of a guy that can play "some offence" and he has 2 years left in his contract

Kadri. Attitude problem. Rumors from others Leafs fan, said that he was very unhappy about being sent back down to the farm team. Also not really a fan of his.

Phil Kessel. If they are willing to Trade Kessel to us, I will be ok with it, not super happy, but I will be fine with him. He an elite offensive player, top 5 shooters in the leauge, star player, 2 years left on his contract, sometimes lazy, he's only motivated when his team is winning. Again, i'm "OK" with him

Gardiner. According to leafs fans he's a no fly zone. So I guess we shouldn't talk about him. But honestly, if Burke is offering a bunch of players we don't want, there's no point in even bothering Calling Gillis.

5th pick. I'm not sure how the hell a pick can be "untouchable" But oh well. In the end it's Burke shooting himself in the foot. Gillis is not expecting something huge in return, that being said, we are not going to take another teams dirty Laundry.

Lupul. Lupul is only that productive if he's given top line minutes. That spot is already occupied by Daniel Sedin. So no.

Don't underestimate Burke with his job on the line. He's in win now mode as the Leafs haven't made the playoffs in almost a decade. If Luongo could take the Canucks into the playoffs with no offense when he first came here, the Leafs should be able to get the boost they need from Luongo.

I also disagree with your assessments of Lupul, Schenn, Kessel and Kadri.

#154 19naslund19

19naslund19

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

haha...You are so informed my friend. Check out the bold.

So yes the fans opinion is "bond" and Burke better not trade someone because of the fans opinion. FAIL! :picard:

And second bolded text...Gillis told you this? Wow did he tell the dirty details of why he traded Hodgson too? FAIL! :picard:

And finally...he may not go to TO but I like your "confidence"

#155 jimsandlak83

jimsandlak83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

The only asset that would be attractive to us from Toronto would be Schenn (They are in no way trading their 5th pick or Gardiner). At 22 years old he's still got alot of potential that the Leafs would be hesitant to unload

TB on the other hand have a few assets that would be atrractive (namely the 10th overall pick).....

Edited by jimsandlak83, 26 April 2012 - 07:33 PM.

#156 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

maybe i'm the only one but this just seems like the wrong thing here.

Luongo has done tons for this team.

Except one thing.

#157 gragnanifan1

gragnanifan1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

maybe i'm the only one but this just seems like the wrong thing here.

Luongo has done tons for this team.

man i wish we could keep him
Posted Image
credit goes to allons-y
Posted Image NHL 13 GM Connected -GM of the Hurricanes http://forum.canucks...ed-league-xbox/

#158 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

Yea, an experienced back-up would be the smart move...

Ya, but I think the emphasis should be on back-up. A minimum wage career backup guy like Sanford or Auld, who isn't going to cause any sort of controversy or push Schneider. Let him get settled for a year or two before you bring Lack up and start the whole "pushing" process over again. This sets us up for another good possible return for one of them (Schneider or Lack) 3-4 years from now when I expect they will both be #1 goalie material.
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#159 GrindTIMEr

GrindTIMEr

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

But what if Schnids is a bust next year? Oooooo luuuu.

#160 Sergei Shirokov

Sergei Shirokov

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

One team not really mentioned is San Jose...I wonder if he'd be good fit there. They are a competitive team, only year off being conference finalists. Seems to me they could use an upgrade over Niemi. I don't think Luongo could fetch a top end prospect put a roster player of similar value would be possible.

TO VAN:
Havlat

TO SJ:
Luongo

D.Sedin H.Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Havlat
Higgins Lapierre Kassian
Weise Malhotra Hansen

Not bad.....Havlat has a similar contract at roughly 5mil/per. Canucks have been hurting for offense the last 2 playoffs.

#161 theo5789

theo5789

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

What if we trade Schnieder and he is an elite star? It's a risk we have to take to help our future and I'll keep the younger, cheaper goaltender with better numbers this past season.

One team not really mentioned is San Jose...I wonder if he'd be good fit there. They are a competitive team, only year off being conference finalists. Seems to me they could use an upgrade over Niemi. I don't think Luongo could fetch a top end prospect put a roster player of similar value would be possible.

TO VAN:
Havlat

TO SJ:
Luongo

D.Sedin H.Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Havlat
Higgins Lapierre Kassian
Weise Malhotra Hansen

Not bad.....Havlat has a similar contract at roughly 5mil/per. Canucks have been hurting for offense the last 2 playoffs.

No thanks, if we are somehow trading with San Jose, I would want someone like Clowe in return at the very least. San Jose would need to unload Niemi if they want Luongo.
VanWhitecapsFC YouTube Page

Also mycanucksdotca on YouTube

#162 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,411 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

Then he's a bust, big deal. We'll pull a Philadelphia.

Cup Contender one year. Completely bomb the next year and get a top draft pick.

Next year go to the Finals again.

Subbancopy.jpg

#163 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

TO VAN:
Havlat

TO SJ:
Luongo

D.Sedin H.Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Havlat
Higgins Lapierre Kassian
Weise Malhotra Hansen

because the playoff under-performers need to acquire another one.

#164 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,358 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Luongo and Raymond's rights for Schenn and Connolly?

Connolly is pretty good 5 on 5 and can kill penalties. Schenn is still young and would give us that big stay at home Dman with offensive upside.
Sig too big.

#165 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Luongo and Raymond's rights for Schenn and Connolly?

Connolly is pretty good 5 on 5 and can kill penalties. Schenn is still young and would give us that big stay at home Dman with offensive upside.

What is this I don't even?

I hope you know Schenn and Connolly play on different teams -_-

Edited by ϟƘƦƖןןΣx, 26 April 2012 - 10:02 PM.

Posted Image

#166 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,326 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

He means Luke Schenn and Tim Connolly. As for the proposal, hell no.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#167 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

He means Luke Schenn and Tim Connolly. As for the proposal, hell no.

Oh my god -_- failblog.
Posted Image

#168 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,973 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

No, Schenn and Connolly in fact play on the same team.

Check your facts son.

Posted Image

Vintage Canuck's #1 Supporter

#169 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,326 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

I know this is the biggest pipe dream ever, but who would build a shrine of MG and bow to it if he pulled off Luongo for Toews?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#170 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

I know this is the biggest pipe dream ever, but who would build a shrine of MG and bow to it if he pulled off Luongo for Toews?

If Gillis brings us Toews he is a god! I was thinking Kane was a stretch but Toews.... I WANT BOTH! :bigblush:

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#171 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,430 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

http://espn.go.com/b...going-to-happen

Ok never mind.

Looks like Chicago is on the short list. However Luongo should also consider other teams that want him. As many as 9 times might be interested in him.

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord, 26 April 2012 - 11:41 PM.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#172 Skks_King

Skks_King

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

Most of our teams' goal-tending records are held by Lou :(, I really don't want him to leave
Go Canucks Go :)

#173 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

Since there is NO LIST as gmmg stated all this speculation is pointless. This whole situation is just another reason why teams hate us, Media not having anything to write about so they start rumors and speculation that takes off like wildfire across the country. Our media need to get a hold of some constraint.

#174 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

Toronto sucks, I definitely hope we don't trade with them. They have nothing on the current roster or in the farm that we should be interested in.

Then again, we know their draft picks we always be high for years to come.

:bigblush:

Not if Luongo is their starter.
Posted Image

#175 Islandboss

Islandboss

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

Thing I don't get is everyone says lu isn't worth a first pick ect ect . And good player is worth more then a first round pick always has been.Picks are unproven and not sure who you will get.If you was a rfa like Cory and someone made a offer at 5 million a year you would get a lot more then what everyone is chatting about.Also great players have off years look at Richards during the regular season then he's in beast mode in the playoffs.Lu is a top 5 goalie in the game and will show it again.
  • $1,034,249 or below: No compensation
  • $1,034,250 – $1,567,043: A 3rd round draft pick.
  • $1,567,044 – $3,134,088: A 2nd round draft pick.
  • $3,134,089 – $4,701,131: A 1st and 3rd round draft pick.
  • $4,701,132 – $6,268,175: A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round draft pick.
  • $6,268,176 – $7,835,219: Two 1st’s, a 2nd and a 3rd round draft pick.
  • Over $7,835,219: Four 1st round draft picks.

A statistician is a person who draws a mathematically precise line from an unwarranted assumption to a foregone conclusion.

Kelly is a great gal

#176 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

Since there is NO LIST as gmmg stated all this speculation is pointless. This whole situation is just another reason why teams hate us, Media not having anything to write about so they start rumors and speculation that takes off like wildfire across the country. Our media need to get a hold of some constraint.

No list in writing but you'd have to think he has 5-6 teams in his mind that he'd want to be traded to if it comes to that..

#177 canucks_dynasty

canucks_dynasty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

I hope they do a package deal like others have posted...

Luongo + Raymond to...

TO for Franson + 5th overall

TB for Connelly + 10th overall

FLA for Gudbranson + 1st pick

#178 Quinn12

Quinn12

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

Personally know Kadri, he would be ok, but definitely not the only piece that would have to come back the other way..

Only thing I want in Toronto is Gardiner and their 5th overall.. Otherwise no thanks Toronto; Komisarek is a joke

I hope we get a deal done with Florida or Tampa Bay, no way Lui goes to Chicago.. Don't need more to that rivalry
R.I.P. Luc Bourdon.. Forever a Canuck; never forgotten

"'Grow some balls, just do it; and he went down there and done it"
--- Claude Giroux on how he helped his brother-in-law propose to his sister. lol

#179 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,162 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

lol'd at having to take Komisarek back. Mighty TO can certainly absorb all of Lu's salary with no problems.

The real problem with trading with TO is that this current franchise, with Aquilini at the top, will likely never help TO in any way.

And trading with Chicago? Pffft...

Florida? Markstrom.

Which leaves Tampa Bay, which is the team a senile old fool like Don Cherry can figure out. Cheers.

TOML
Posted Image

#180 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

I hope they do a package deal like others have posted...

Luongo + Raymond to...

TO for Franson + 5th overall

TB for Connelly + 10th overall

FLA for Gudbranson + 1st pick

Not enough cap space going the either way:
Toronto:
Komisarek + 5th overall + Gardiner
for
Luongo + Tanev / Sauve + First

we make a play for Gardiner because it gives a high shot at Shultz as UFA.
with the 5th overall we can become highly deep at defence with Ryan Murray as well.

Connauton, Shultz, Gardiner, Tanev/Sauve, Murray just in our young depth.
leaves our later draft picks for forward depth.
Our goalie depth is unbeaten too:
Schneider / Lack / Canata

We pull this off and i'm liking our team for the next 10 years.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.