Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WeatherWise

[Report] Luongo Requests A Trade During Exit Meeting With Gillis

531 posts in this topic

I hope this isn't true.

It seems like Lu loves it in Van with the teammates we have.

I wonder if the stress is just to much.

WOW I did not see this coming if this happens to be true.

LU does need a change.You knew he would after not playing the last two games.

Look how hard it has been for him to share the net this and last year.

I"m sure all the LU supporters will be losing it.

I'd like to hear this from a reliable source before believing this. Lu is a class act and thinks about the team first ... I doubt he would ask to just throw it away.

Its pretty clear that he isn't wanted here, so this doesn't surprise me.

I'd like to hear this from a reliable source before believing this. Lu is a class act and thinks about the team first ... I doubt he would ask to just throw it away.

the way i see it. Yes we lose a great goalie, but Gillis is gonna get us a great return. We're gonna keep our strength in net with Schneider, but our offense/defense or both is gonna improve drastically. This could be the move that will put us over the top.

My ideal trade:

Luongo

Raymond

for

Hedman

Purcell

the way i see it. Yes we lose a great goalie, but Gillis is gonna get us a great return. We're gonna keep our strength in net with Schneider, but our offense/defense or both is gonna improve drastically. This could be the move that will put us over the top.

My ideal trade:

Luongo

Raymond

for

Hedman

Purcell

I doubt he will be the only goalie available I expect Thomas to be moved last years Stanley cup finals goalies on the trading block this summer LOL

As expected. Not sure why so many people are surprised by this. I guess the fact that Bobby Lou requested the trade before Gillis had to ask him--assuming that's how it went down. But if you were in Luongo's size 15 shoes, wouldn't you do the same thing? The guy's 33, has lots of hockey left in him, and has enough pride that he wants to play.

And the thing is, Luongo earned his stripes in Florida, where he faced 40 shots a night. And in Van, he has always excelled when facing lots of shots. The problem, IMO, is that he wasn't terrific at coming up with clutch saves when Vancouver was dominating the game and he had to wait 10 minutes between shots. But that's what Schneider knows. And he doesn't seem to ever get rattled.

Good luck, Bobby Lou! I bet he has a terrific season in Toronto or Tampa or Florida or wherever he ends up, cause he'll face a lot of shots and that suits him just fine.

True or not, it's probably Nick Kypreos' way of giving another big F-U to the Canucks by stirring up the pot and lowering his trade value. Oh Kypreos, you are a piece of work you are.