Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Proposal] Bigger, Stronger, Faster 12-13 Lineup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Ryane Clowe ($3.625m)
Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / David Booth ($4.250m)
Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m) / Jordan Schroeder ($1.025m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Jordin Tootoo ($1.500m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)
Bryan Allen ($2.500m) / Keith Ballard ($4.200m)
Sami Salo ($1.000m) / Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($2.560m)
Eddie Lack ($0.900m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,855,000; BONUSES: $125,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,445,000

Moves
Roberto Luongo + rights to Mason Raymond to San Jose for Ryane Clowe and a second rounder
Resign Schneider for 2.56 mil for 6 years
Resign Lack for 900k for 3 years (if not nhl ready sign a solid backup)
Resign Salo if he wants for 1 mil 1 year
Call up Schroeder to centre third line (if that doesn't work out package Malhotra for a legit 3rd line centre)
Sign Bryan Allen to 2.5 mil for 1-2 years
Sign Jordin Tootoo for 1.5 mil for 2-3 years

-Losing Raymond causes the lineup to lose some speed, but we gain Jordin Tootoo, a speedy and solid 3rd or 4th liner that can help on the pk if needed.
-Schroeder also helps make up for the speed and skill lost in Raymond
-Having Clowe on the first with the Sedins, the amex line, and Burrows on the third with Schroeder and Hansen gives us arguably one of the best top 3 lines in the league.
-Allen provides veteran presence, good stay at home defenseman to play with Ballard
-Adding Allen, Clowe, and Tootoo makes our team much tougher to play against.

Alternative moves
-Add in our 5th and Gragnani and substitute SJ's 2nd for Murray (no need to sign Allen after this)
-Trade Malhotra and other pieces for a legit 3rd line centre (to compete with players like Peverley, Stoll, Bolland etc.)
-Sign Chris Kelly if available
-Sign Asham instead of Tootoo for a cheaper price
-Sign a solid backup incase Lack doesnt work out

Thoughts?
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#2 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

Lu wont go to sharks cause he will give 5 teams to gillis an thats not one of them.
Posted Image
Drouin#27 Halifax Mooseheads Star

Credit to Canucks Top Scorer

#3 GuzzIer

GuzzIer

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

Lu wont go to sharks cause he will give 5 teams to gillis an thats not one of them.

I didn't know you were Luongo

#4 velocity

velocity

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

thats not stronger or bigger, you only add clowe and allen but you add schroeder whose like 5'8" on a good day

Edited by velocity, 27 April 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#5 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,671 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

thats not stronger or bigger, you only add clowe and allen but you add schroeder whose like 5'8" on a good day

True, but he is 175 lbs...

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#6 nd84

nd84

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

True, but he is 175 lbs...

regards,
G.

Don't underestimate him. He was amongst the top players in the bench press in the NHL combine
Posted Image

#7 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,671 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

Don't underestimate him. He was amongst the top players in the bench press in the NHL combine

Sure, he may be strong for his size, but it's also a question of body mass, and he doesn't have it. I don't mean this as a knock on the kid but rather as a statement of fact.

If you were going to be body checked into the boards, who would you want delivering the hit, Schroeder or Lucic?

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#8 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

not sure it's smart to pen in Jordan right away as the 3rd line center, esp. when MG may emphasize checking on his third line. That said, hopefully in the not-too-distant future he can become Kes' play maker and winger with speed and a decent shot to keep goalies honest and to fly with Kes and Higgins.

also, concerning size in players I don't think it's as important as it's sometimes made out to be-- combative nature, skilled toughness should be valued more IMO. I'd rather have an aggressive, quick-skating, compact player than a Dustin Penner or Mike Komisarek who may not even be able to keep up with the play just because they're big.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#9 Pistachios

Pistachios

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

Schneider isn't doing 6 years. He'll do 3-4 max. Maybe only 2. And he'll demand 3-4 million at least. His numbers and performance justify it.

Schroeder is not a 3rd line center.

Edited by SILLY GOOSE, 28 April 2012 - 01:43 AM.

lZqI3g.gif

#10 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:47 AM

So they weren't comfortable with Hodgson playing 3 C but Schroeder would be ok?

I would like Tootoo though

#11 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

I wish people would stop adding Tootoo to their proposals. The guy has a serious drug history, which could come back at any time, and we should NOT be welcoming that potential disruption to our team. Plenty of undamaged players who can do the same job.

#12 Ron Swansons Moustache

Ron Swansons Moustache

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

I wish people would stop adding Tootoo to their proposals. The guy has a serious drug history, which could come back at any time, and we should NOT be welcoming that potential disruption to our team. Plenty of undamaged players who can do the same job.

I understand your concerns but id have to think him being a part of the nucks room with the leadership Sedins, Malhotra, Bieksa etc. it would be a lot less of a chance but you never know. He would be a great addition if he stays clean.
http://Posted Image

#13 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

Schneider isn't doing 6 years. He'll do 3-4 max. Maybe only 2. And he'll demand 3-4 million at least. His numbers and performance justify it.

Wow, Schneider's in this thread too!? Siick
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#14 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

As someone else has mentioned, we have leaders who can help him. Malhotra, the Sedins, Bieksa, and his old teammate Hamhuis. I don't think Kesler would be much help though, lol, all those years I've watched him trash Tootoo. And btw he never had a drug history, just alcohol abuse.
Sig too big.
-Milan Lucic

#15 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

What's better
CloweAllen or MurraySchroederTootoo
Vs
RaymondEbbettPahlssonRome
IMO
Raymond vs Clowe-Raymond much faster yet much weaker and loses tons of puck battle's-Clowe is much stronger yet slower and wins most puck battle's-Both are at about the same level in shootouts-Bonus for Clowe-intimidation and size
Edge-Clowe
Schroeder vs Ebbett-Both are very similar to one another-Schroeder appeared faster in the preseason, Ebbett showed he has good hand eye coordination (tip ins)-Schroeder has a wicked wrister
Edge- Schroeder by a bit
Allen vs Rome-No need to say anything here
Edge-Allen
Can't really compare Tootoo and Pahlsson-Pahlsson is a better player, but with the emergence of Schroeder he can't stay-Tootoo is the type of player we need; fast, does more than finish checks on the glass, was clutch in the playoffs last year.
Sig too big.
-Milan Lucic

#16 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

we have leaders who can help him. Malhotra, the Sedins, Bieksa, and his old teammate Hamhuis. And btw he never had a drug history, just alcohol abuse.

First off, thanks for correcting me on the history - I forgot it was alcohol abuse. Which is far harder to fully cure in my experience, as there's booze on every street corner (whereas drugs generally need a supplier).

Regardless, given that there are plenty of players in the league who could provide what Tootoo does, AND the fact that our so-called leaders couldn't help SOB, why would we deliberately invite a potentially serious disruption to our team and the chemistry we've developed?The last thing we need is Tootoo falling off the wagon and all the excess media intrusion / criticism there'd be. Better to pick up a cheaper / more reliable option from elsewhere.

#17 6string

6string

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

third line centre....hodgson a scorer was let go and you bring in a dimunitive scoring center in schroeder makes no sense, we have to be bigger n stronger in the middle....jordan stahl like player, so you have to move kesler for him, stahl is a top 6 forward or hope kesler can re-gain his form as his ntc kicks in soon.

i want size n grit, this is the new western conference!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.