The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Us Pastor Terry Jones Holds Koran Burning Vigil Again

key2thecup

Probably about 1 billion Muslims...?

Don't live with your head in the clouds and talk about ideals and principles. This is a real issue. Muslims have enough reasons to be pissed with the States. If this incites more suicide bombers and ends up killing more US and Canadian soldiers, you don't think it's a problem?

Yes, but in this case these "internal matters" have the potential to further deteriorate relationships between US troops and Muslims in countries such as Afghanistan. Therefore having a negative affect on the troops you're so obviously concerned about.

While I don't support his actions, he has every right to do what he wants. Burning a book is (and should not be) a crime and there's no need to overreact. And people saying others will have to pay for his actions...uhhh that's the problem with the world. WHY should we be afraid to burn a book?! That needs to change.

I was discussing this was a friend and his opinion was that they should burn a Koran for every murder caused by a suicide bomb. A sign of...idk...resistance? Maybe to show that we are not afraid?

While I don't support his actions, he has every right to do what he wants. Burning a book is (and should not be) a crime and there's no need to overreact. And people saying others will have to pay for his actions...uhhh that's the problem with the world. WHY should we be afraid to burn a book?! That needs to change.

I was discussing this was a friend and his opinion was that they should burn a Koran for every murder caused by a suicide bomb. A sign of...idk...resistance? Maybe to show that we are not afraid?

Archived