Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lappykass

Ballard Anybody?

88 posts in this topic

He played pretty well I thought. Just wish his cap hit wasn't as high

Willing to bet my left nut MG already tried to trade him. He was great though and I hope he keeps it up. =)

I would rather Grabner and Howden and have used the cap for resigning Mitchell. MG's biggest blunder, he's pretty good otherwise.

If we trade with Tampa Bay, you can almost rest assured that Ballard is going with Luongo as part of the deal.

They are desperate for D-men, and he has shown that even though he is a very good player... he just isn't fitting into the niche we need here. I suspect that his spot will be ripe for the "bigger, stronger" element that Gillis is looking for. With Tanev and Gragnani almost certainly spending the year up with the big club, his skills are a bit superfluous.

Expect to see a meaner customer signed on defence in his stead.

I really like our pairings of

Tanev - Ballard

Bieksa - Hamhuis

I just want that key RD from Toronto for Luongo (Schenn and Franson come to mind)

Sorry to burst the bubble, but he was terrible. I've already posted the numbers in other forums, but he was one of the worst Canucks defenseman (other than Salo) in that series.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but he was terrible. I've already posted the numbers in other forums, but he was one of the worst Canucks defenseman (other than Salo) in that series.

What statistics were you looking at? He was the only damn defenseman who knew how to play offense in that series on our team.

Show me the numbers please.

ballard -- tanev, the best pairing in the playoffs by far..

if he can return to 20+ minute form then his 4.2m will be great.

I would rather Grabner and Howden and have used the cap for resigning Mitchell. MG's biggest blunder, he's pretty good otherwise.

. Grabner is getting paid over 3m right now, and he sucks ass. One year wonder. He was on their 4th line most nights. Yes the Islanders have a 4th line.

I want Ballard to stay for one reason alone...

...He entertains me!

The team is just more fun with KB4 around.