#1 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:37 AM

POPULAR

So if there's anyone else who uses this website to meet new people, I'm sure you've had some decent experiences.
I met my last girlfriend off of there. Good looking girl, was with her for a year and a half. Met plenty of other great girls.
I guess I just wanted to share my msot recent experience, just for the sake of it, and to see if anyone else has had anything crazy happen.

So I meet this girl who allegedly wants to start a forest civilization, which is totally cool. I'm really open minded, and I thought it was cute. She wanted to ditch the monetary system, which sounded good to me, and just live in the forest with some friends and grow her own food and what not.

I picked her up at the skytrain, she was a bit shy at first, but opened up once we got to my place. We played some dance central, had a shot of tequila, and went to the bar. She was fully opened up here. Very friendly, lots of laughing, clicked well. Came back to my place. Things started to get weird. She cried at one point, because no one understood her about her forest plans. She eventually threatened to hang my cat by a plastic 6 pack of beer holder in my closet. She threatened to get her family after me. I eventually had to call the police as she would not leave. She claimed I tried to rape her, and I wouldn't let her stay at my house. I offered to let her stay in my spare bedroom, prior to her suggesting I'd wake up with my dead cat in my closet.

Anyways, the cops came, saw in their records that I'm not a psycho, and she is, and I've applied with the RCMP etc. She's in jail.
Anyone else got some cool stories? haha.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#2 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:46 AM

I never knew anyone ever tried that site. You'd figure people would stop after seeing some kid dressed up in a batman costume luring and literally trolling the pedophiles.

#3 Bingo Chili

Bingo Chili

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:57 AM

POPULAR

damm nature you scary

#4 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,355 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:50 AM

POPULAR

I blew coffee through my nose when you said you picked her up at the skytrain after knowing about her forest civilization thing.
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

#5 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:21 AM

I blew coffee through my nose when you said you picked her up at the skytrain after knowing about her forest civilization thing.

Yeah. Sorta wrecked the story.
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#6 Tokasmoka

Tokasmoka

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

POPULAR

Tried it out, got a email saying some user added me to thier favorites list and sent me a msg. Logged in and checked, it was a tranny.

/delete account.

#7 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:41 AM

I never knew anyone ever tried that site. You'd figure people would stop after seeing some kid dressed up in a batman costume luring and literally trolling the pedophiles.

Lol, that was great I think their videos are still on youtube

#8 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

:lol:

that's what you get for being open minded I guess, Stefan

:lol:

(probably shouldn't laugh but just couldn't resist from where I am sitting)
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#9 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

Dude, that's nuts. Glad you and your cat are safe and she doesn't bother you anymore.

I haven't signed up for any of those datings sites. I've only met up with one cutie from CDC. :P

#10 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

I've never been desperate enough to use a site like that.

EDIT: No offence to anyone that does. That sounded harsher than I meant it to... haha. It's just something I wouldn't do myself. Although I know of people that have met on those sites and they worked out okay, so depends on the person I guess.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck, 05 May 2012 - 08:59 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Guest_AriGold_*

Guest_AriGold_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

met my wife off pof 5 years ago. the website has gotten worse since then though

Edited by AriGold, 05 May 2012 - 09:01 AM.

#12 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,975 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:09 AM

This one time at band camp...
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#13 CIA

CIA

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

i'm still having trouble believing this story...lol it's just so crazy.

so basically you message someone and ask them out? so it's like a blind date. i have never tried online dating myself but it sounds...interesting.
Posted Image

#14 No_More_Larchide

No_More_Larchide

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,447 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

Unless you're trying to pick up under-age children then that isnt really a fear for you. I have a few buddies who use that site as a hookup site, and it works for them, again, none of them are going after children, so the fear of getting trolled by Batman decreases significantly.
Larchide is spelled wrong on purpose....

#15 terrible.dee

terrible.dee

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

POPULAR

Tried it out, got a email saying some user added me to thier favorites list and sent me a msg. Logged in and checked, it was a tranny.

/delete account.

That was rude,

I thought my message was very polite.

#16 Lillooet_Hillbilly

Lillooet_Hillbilly

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

i put no hippies or emo's allowed, so now only hippies and emo people send me msg on there

#17 Matthew Lombardi 18

Matthew Lombardi 18

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

Lol yikes.

I've heard of people using PoF and some people end up fine. PoF is just another outlet to meet people - I don't see what's wrong with it. However, stories like the one you shared, Stefan, really exaggerate the dating scene. That was just bad luck.

Any reason why she wanted to kill your cat so badly? She just needed a good pounding (and by that, I didn't mean physical violence against her). However, sleeping with her would have been a really bad idea, with her claiming you were trying to rape her.

So we are officially in a bit of a silly season, and in general I stay away from the completely crazy rumors that persist on the internet, or in the case of the Leafs having interest in Nabokov or Turco I will occasionally debunk them...however, I have been getting inundated with emails, PMs, and questions on twitter regarding a few rumors that are out there...so here goes.. I will address the rumors and follow with what I have or haven't heard...If you all like this format, maybe Wacky Wednesdays could be a regular feature. I wouldn't do it more than once a week, because I am too busy talking to actual sources and attempting to provide you all with as much unique information as possible.

Too busy talking to actual sources? lolwut

Posted Image

Signature designed by Morrison_rocks7 - thanks!

#18 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

I have to quote the comic store guy from The Big Bang Theory, "I gotta tell ya, the girls on match.com are a lot looser than the ones on eHarmony."
Posted Image

#19 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,649 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:06 AM

Remember kids, never take a girl back to your place on the first date.

Especially if she's KrAYZeE!!

Posted Image

#20 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,901 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

POPULAR

Who else opened this thread expecting a series of horror stories about fish?

#21 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

LOL@forest civilization "I thought it was cute" haha.

link or it didn't happen
Posted Image

#22 Metal Storm

Metal Storm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

Ok, so I met this guy off POF at Wendy's. We chatted for a while, and the whole time he was trying to convince me to go for a ride in his car so that we could go check on his truck which was parked elsewhere. Finally, after asking so much, I decided to go for the ride. Dumbest thing you can do, I know. Anyway, he drives me all the way out on 16th to the church up on the hill. It's pitch black out. We get into his truck that is parked there and he starts it up to make sure its still running okay. So we're sitting there, and he starts tickling me. I told him to stop because I didn't like it and I didn't want him touching me. He wouldn't stop. Finally I convinced him to drive me to my friend's parents place so he wouldn't know where I lived. The next day he kept sending me messages about how he liked me and wanted to go out again. /delete

I know I got off really lucky because he could have raped me. Someone was looking out for me for sure.

#23 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

Aye, I had in mind horror stories of fish attacking while you're swimming in the lake or something haha
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#24 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,550 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

I've never liked cat people either so I'm with her. /sarcasm

But I've used it with pretty good success in the past. Ironically, my fiancée was on there at the same time as me but we met randomly on the skytrain when I was going into work and she was going into school. Never once saw each other on PoF.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#25 InSoM-

InSoM-

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

I just got on POF, went out with this girl a handful of times, no spark - but great friend. Lots of creepy people on there though - @_@

Internet dating works if you do it right. :P

Posted Image
X-360 Gamertag: InSoMnIaK604

NHL 12 Sim League Boston Bruins GM
VHL Montreal Canadiens GM

#26 The Wizard of AZ

The Wizard of AZ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

Ok, so I met this guy off POF at Wendy's. We chatted for a while, and the whole time he was trying to convince me to go for a ride in his car so that we could go check on his truck which was parked elsewhere. Finally, after asking so much, I decided to go for the ride. Dumbest thing you can do, I know. Anyway, he drives me all the way out on 16th to the church up on the hill. It's pitch black out. We get into his truck that is parked there and he starts it up to make sure its still running okay. So we're sitting there, and he starts tickling me. I told him to stop because I didn't like it and I didn't want him touching me. He wouldn't stop. Finally I convinced him to drive me to my friend's parents place so he wouldn't know where I lived. The next day he kept sending me messages about how he liked me and wanted to go out again. /delete

I know I got off really lucky because he could have raped me. Someone was looking out for me for sure.

I thought this story was going to be OP's story but from the female perspective.

Posted Image

#27 Hedgehog Hodgson

Hedgehog Hodgson

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

Me, haha.

Posted Image

#28 Van_City123

Van_City123

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

Me :lol:

negufo.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck for the awesome sig!

#29 Raph

Raph

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

You had it coming man... inviting a person over to your place on your first meet up? Knowing she is quirky?
Untouchables: Tanev, Jensen, Kassian
Mostly untouchable: Sedins (need someone to man the fort and no trade value)
Open to trade: Everyone else
Drive to airport: Bieksa, Edler

Bring back: Ehrhoff

#30 The Wizard of AZ

The Wizard of AZ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

I always thought(it was described to me) that plenty of fish is just for sex.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.