Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

We Need A Captain Like Shane Doan...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
100 replies to this topic

#91 BoKnows53

BoKnows53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

Sedin - Sedin -Kassian

Doan - Kesler - Burrows

Booth - Gaustad - Hansen

Higgins - Lappierre - Pinnizotto

#92 We Broke The Cup

We Broke The Cup

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

http://www.celebrity.../shane-doan.php
According to this site, Shane Doan is a professional basketball player.

Edited by We Broke The Cup, 25 May 2012 - 03:48 PM.

#93 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:10 AM

Sedin - Sedin -Kassian

Doan - Kesler - Burrows

Booth - Gaustad - Hansen

Higgins - Lappierre - Pinnizotto

Are we the only team in the NHL that assigns fourth liners to the first line and AHL scrubs to the fourth line and actually expect it to work? They do this every year and it's annoying as hell.
Posted Image

#94 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:52 AM

Deb, while I agree with what your saying, we have to take into consideration that Hank plays with more highly skilled players, such as Dank and Burr.

He plays on a team which is top ranked, we won the presidents trophy, it's pretty easy to be a plus player.

Funny, Doan was on the same team as Whitney who had 77 points and was +26 and Vrbata who had 62 points and was +24, then 3rd in scoring was Doan with 50 points and a -8? So they can be plus players there but Doan is so good he can't?

#95 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

Stats are for losers.. You obviously don't know what the playoffs are about...

You disregard stats? Dont be ridiculous.

While I dont think Hank is the ideal captain, he is much better then Doan.

The Coyotes completely lost their composure against LA and Doan led the way. Doans whining was disgraceful, and many of his teammates followed that example.

#96 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

There are no other captains like Shane Doan. I would LOVE the Doaner to play for the Canucks, but I don't think he'll leave that franchise, and would he really be the same Doaner if he did? Trevor Linden was never the same for other teams.

Edited by Buttock, 26 May 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#97 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

Other than Jarome Iginla i can't think of one captain in this league who fights on a REGULAR basis, maybe Chara or PHaneuf? and even they don't very often

#98 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

No question Doan is a great team leader but I always felt people put way to much credit into the captain. IMO the Coyotes are all Mike Smith. Smith sucked in Tampa because Lecavalier is a weak leader and is thriving now because Doan gives him the power he needs?

Too much credit into captaincy is a Vancouver idea that stems from the old Burke/ Naslund Era. Naslund did not care one bit about being Captain even claiming that whoever wanted it ought to have taken it.

Fact is, if your captain does it all, everyone is inspired to do the same.

Fact.

Edited by GHL, 27 May 2012 - 05:45 PM.

Posted Image

#99 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

Double post

Edited by GHL, 27 May 2012 - 05:44 PM.

Posted Image

#100 holyBadger

holyBadger

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

Shane Doan is 35 years old turning 36 in October this year, Jerome Iginla is 34 turning 35 in July..

Henrik Sedin is 31 turning 32 in September. 4 years younger than Doan, 3 years younger than Jerome. Leadership is not the problem on the Canucks.

Giving up Short handed goals to the Kings and not Capitalizing on Powerplay Chances are what killed the Canucks this year.. Just like they almost killed the Canucks 2 years ago when Vancouver Dispatched the kings in 6 games.

Can we stop with all this crap being thrown at Henrik and Daniel all the time.

Between that and the crap hurled at Luongo you guys make Vancouver fans look like IDIOTS!
Good Night Nancy! No need for an Apology
Posted Image
Hey Nancy Horton! So do you admire your pass much?
Now you can go pick up your teeth from the front counter; of course after your nap is done!

#101 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,439 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

I like his comments after the elmination. He said it as it is. However if Henrik Sedin said what he said, he be labled a whinning sister. But I am very happy with Henrik as our captain. Doan is a great player, I guess he will make good captain on anyteam, but I am happy with Henril

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.