The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian Or Jensen

Southpop45

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If either Kassian or Jensen make the team next season they will be playing top six minutes. Kassian will

not develop playing 4th line minutes and there is no way Jensen will be brought up to play an 8 min a

night crash and bang role. Yes, we all know AV hates playing young players but after what happened with the whole Hodgson thing Gillis will definetly have talk with AV about letting the younger guys plays. Yes they will make mistakes playing that many minutes but learning from mistakes is how young guys develop. AV needs to understand that we have enough vetrans and leaders on the team to make up for the youngs guys' mistakes or at least soften the blow of them.

Zack Kassian - While both players are considered big power forwards who are roughly the same size and weight, they both play a different style of play. Kassian is being groomed to be a Milan Lucic stlye power forward. A guy who has skill and good hands but relys more on his size, strength and aggressivness to literally force the puck in the net. Most of the goals Kassian will get will come from screening the goalie, tapping in rebounds, and deflecting shots, as well as wrist shots and sla. shots that focus more on power and speed rather than accuarcy. He is the ideal player to put with the Sedins IF he is ready. This offseason, training camp, pre-season, and for proably the first few games of the season he will get every chance tp prove he can play with Danny and Hank. In the end I think that Kassian gets the last top six spot but is playing on Kes' line.

Nicklas Jensen - While both players are considered big power forwards who are roughly the same size and weight, they both play a different style of play. Jensen is being groomed to be more a Bobby Ryan or Rick Nash type power forward. A guy who does have size and strength but relys more on his skill to finesse the puck in. Most of the goals Jensen will score will be by deking the puck into the the net or using his accurate shot to snipe the puck in. He has also been reaved for his elite playmaking abilities, a trait that could well suite him on Kesler's lines feeding him and David Booth. However another year of junior would not hurt his development at all, the only way i see Jesen making the team is if he absolutly astounds at traing camp, pre-season and the seven regular seasons games he may or may not get. As well Kassian will have to have a bad traing camp, pre-season, and do next to nothing in the first few regular season games. In the end I think Jensen will go back down for another year of junior.

What do you guys think?

I like Jensen a lot more, since he was drafted (before the pre-season hype).

Kassian will get a spoton this team, Gillis will look bad if Kassian is sent down to the minors.

I wouldn't mind seeing both of them on the team. One of the 2nd the other on the 3rd (slide Hansen to the 4th).

Kassian will get a spoton this team, Gillis will look bad if Kassian is sent down to the minors.  

I wouldn't mind seeing both of them on the team.  One of the 2nd the other on the 3rd (slide Hansen to the 4th).

Kassian is more NHL ready, Jensen looked alright in his stint in Chicago, but still looks to be farther away. Remember that Jensen's amazing hat trick consisted of an easy tap in as well as an empty net (in case his 6 goals in 8 games was dazzling you), he played well, but not as good as his numbers suggest.

Regardless of progress, Kassian is already set to be a positive for the big club now, even if its just in a 4th line role, I don't see Jensen in the same light, plus I'd prefer to continue the Canucks development philosophy by having Jensen stay in junior for the full duration.

Jensen stated himself he liked the AHL more, it was more suited to him. I see this as a great reason to keep him in the CHL. He has begun to notice that junior players make mistakes, are out of position, etc, now he can step up and be a leader on his team, teach them how to play a more professional game. Its time for him to take his higher hockey IQ and show that he can use it to produce for his club, in the AHL he would have an easier time, relying on his smarter and more talented linemates to do the work. I want to see him in a leadership role, his comments show that he is now ready for that step. Getting him in the Pros early has advantages for his skill development, but he will develop all those same skills the following year anyways, why not take the best (and possibly only) opportunity to develop his leadership qualities and ability to dominate weaker competition.

Kassian will not develop playing 4th line minutes and there is no way Jensen will be brought up to play an 8 min a

night crash and bang role.

I wouldn't mind seeing both of them on the team. One of the 2nd the other on the 3rd (slide Hansen to the 4th).

If either Kassian or Jensen make the team next season they will be playing top six minutes. Kassian will

not develop playing 4th line minutes and there is no way Jensen will be brought up to play an 8 min a

night crash and bang role.

Kassian - Chicago Wolves

Were grooming him to be a top 6 powerforward....lets let him establish himself as a top 6 powerforward in the AHL and get him 20 minutes a game instead of using him as a 4th line grinder for 8 minutes a game.

Jensen - Oshawa Generals

Still very young, and will probably take longer to develop than a lot of us think (1 more year in the O, probably 2 years in the A and then gets a sniff at roster spots).

Both will be good, but we have no rush

Archived