The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

S C F: (6) New Jersey Devils Vs. (8) Los Angeles King

LA really has been ridiculous, now have gotten a 3-0 lead in every single series. Going to go 16-2 when they win wednesday, and perhaps the most pathetic stat if you're a Canuck fan..they've allowed 24 goals the ENTIRE playoffs, we allowed 23 in the finals alone.

Watching crap like this just gives me a really bad feeling like the Canucks are just destined to never win it, here we have another team that has never won it before but when THEY get their 2-0 series lead they keep their foot on the gas, Canucks just implode

I'm thinking things over. One is we need a stronger defense, and we need at least one elite defenseman. Two, we need to be healthy, Kesler always seems hurt after the first or second rounds, and we need everyone contributing. Three, the team shouldn't be afraid of making a coaching change when the team is stuck spinning it's wheels. LA did a ballsy move, and it's paying off in spades.

Doesn't matter how many president's trophies you've won, or how good the team has been. If the team is not getting it done under your head coach, sometimes it's easier to fire the coach instead of trading half the team.

I hope AV proves me wrong, but I when you see how active Sutter is behind LA's bench, and how he's got Kopitar and Doughty just going into overdrive, I don't seem him able to do that here.

Part of me is tempted to go downtown and watch the Stanley cup celebration parade with the other bandwagoners once the Queens win. Shouldn't be crowded, get to see Willie hoist the cup, and get a nice tan thanks to the California sun...

Exactly. I don't find him that great either. The team in front of him is playing amazing. The defense all play so positionally sound. They take the sticks/bodies/lanes and are willing to put their body on the line to block shots (they do a good job of it also).

What I don't understand is why nobody seems to shoot high on Quick; he's so busy covering the bottom of the net that he's leaving massive holes up high but nobody can seem to find those spots. Maybe their D is taking that away from the opposing forwards, but I see a lot of flaws in Quick's game and I think his success is more an indicator of how well his D is playing in front of him.Doesn't matter though, the sweep will be complete tomorrow. It's going to be sickening watching Brown and Doughty hoist the Cup. A dirty player and a whining cry-baby will be Stanley Cup champions. Ugh.

You know it's LA when they screw up Gretzky dates and then send Tappen to interview that double d bag Will Ferrell. What for? Makes me sick. I don't see them interviewing Underwood in Nashville or Kate Upton in NY. Sure they will have a camera on them once in a while, but come on, is NHL seriously interviewing these celebrities? What a joke.

You know it's LA when they screw up Gretzky dates and then send Tappen to interview that double d bag Will Ferrell. What for? Makes me sick. I don't see them interviewing Underwood in Nashville or Kate Upton in NY. Sure they will have a camera on them once in a while, but come on, is NHL seriously interviewing these celebrities? What a joke.

Yup we got beat by the queens. The entertainment for me is watching the bandwagoners come out of the woodwork after game 2 scf. I love listening to the radio and tv reporters talk bout the kings run and they have no clue who's even playing on the team. I'll take being a Nucks and losin and the dedication our fans show than the weak fanbase down here in LA.

Laughable Cj. I have a relative who is a 25 year Kings season ticket holder. There are those hardcore dedicated fans in LA, but get real the fanbase here is miniscule when you compare how basketball, baseball and football are treated. Why else are you on a canucks site. Because yours blows. Go live in a real hockey market where the hockey coverage is actually decent and then maybe you'll know what your missing. The Kings have the right to be proud of thier run and soon to be SCF. But that does not change the fact that the vast majority cheering on the team right now are bandwagoners. And don't tell me you haven't seen the lousy sport reporter coverage of the team on the news. If you deny that fact I know your in denial. besides come back in a year an we'll see how many fans are still riding the cup win... It will be a forgotten memory after the Lakers hit the court..

Just curious, since you have a great read of the Los Angeles hockey fan base, what is the ratio of hardcore kings fans vs bandwagoners? You are clueless... Also, I would abandon the sentiments for Willie, he's a LA KING now and loves his new home. And he himself has said that he's never heard a hockey arena louder then the hard core fans at the Staples center. Full of bandwagoners for the last 15 years I guess...

The majority of hard-core kings fans are born and raised in southern California - including myself. Transplants to LA already have a favorite hockey, baseball or football team. Granted we are not Detroit or Chicago, but nevertheless we still have hockey fans that have supported the Kings (good and bad) for over 45 years. 18,118 seats at staples and for the most part we've sold out every home game over the last 5 years. You guys talk as if Staples was empty until a month ago??? To say that the majority of the fans cheering at LA Live NOW are bandwagoners is bull! You don't live here - you don't know... Unless you are a season ticket holder or know someone you can even get a seat at staples for under $1000.00 (upper deck). My section is selling for $1500 a pop. Will a bandwagoner pay that much for seat? Don't believe everything you read or hear in the press, their job is to sell advertising and create a buzz...

Curious? Were the canuck fans that burned your city last year die-hard fans or bandwagoners?

Archived