The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bob Mckenzie: Not Many Teams Showing Interest In Luongo

First off he never broke those trades. It's ironic, he gets credit for our last 2 recent trades. Unblievable. Any recall this guy breaking this trade before it was ever posted on NHL.com or tsn.ca?

Lemme get this straight...

3 days ago Blob Mckenzie believes Canucks might not get offers for him...

Today someone from TSN says a deal is 90% done?????

Someone is smoking serious crack here, ironically both of them work for TSN.

In 72 hours it went from, Canucks might not get any offers too an offer is done? LOL Internet these days...

Personally I think this is b.s. Both our trades was never leaked out in the 1st place. Samjam trying to take credit for nothing. He's also a member on this board. If you may kindly tell us more bout this trade please do so. If a trade is 90%, it's pretty much Brian Burke Gave Gillis a deal he can't turn down. That's the only way it can happen.

First off he never broke those trades. It's ironic, he gets credit for our last 2 recent trades. Unblievable. Any recall this guy breaking this trade before it was ever posted on NHL.com or tsn.ca?

Lemme get this straight...

3 days ago Blob Mckenzie believes Canucks might not get offers for him...

Today someone from TSN says a deal is 90% done?????

Someone is smoking serious crack here, ironically both of them work for TSN.

In 72 hours it went from, Canucks might not get any offers too an offer is done? LOL Internet these days...

Personally I think this is b.s. Both our trades was never leaked out in the 1st place. Samjam trying to take credit for nothing. He's also a member on this board. If you may kindly tell us more bout this trade please do so. If a trade is 90%, it's pretty much Brian Burke Gave Gillis a deal he can't turn down. That's the only way it can happen.

Not sure what you're talking about?

I personally never witnessed the SamJam 'trade breaking'. But according to his twitter timeline, people said he posted that Hodgy was a goner and Booth is traded long before McKeznie, Dreger or anyone at TSN/Sportsnet did. Other than that, not sure what this has to do with Bob Mckenzie?

That would certainly be awesome.... of course Samjam has also suggested that Schenn and their 1st is about to be traded to Edmonton.

Then the 2nd half of my nefarious plan could be put into place:

To Nash:

Toronto's 1st pick

Gardiner

Ballard

Edler

Heck, I broke that Hodgson was being traded on this board about 1 minute after Pahlsson was acquired (hours before TSN reported on it).... doesn't mean I had any inside sources. It just means that I can add 2+2 and figure out what is likely to happen.

I don't have any actual knowledge of his reported "breaking of stories" other than the rumour going around that he had. Please give some sources showing evidence of it.

I do know (you can just look at the threads he started). That just in the past couple of weeks he has "broken" the following stories:

Schenn and Toronto's 1st to Edmonton for their top pick

Edmonton moving their top pick to Columbus

Toronto putting together a huge package for Nash (I can only assume it would include Schenn and their 1st)

Both goalies are staying in Vancouver

I guess if you cover enough bases eventually you might be right... though I suspect that Toronto can't actually trade their pick to Edmonton, Columbus, and Vancouver.

Take a look at who Nashville has signed on defence next season (assuming in this scenario that Suter and Weber are gone). Klein, Rosi, and Ellis.... two of those guys are still on entry level contracts. Ballard would be a top 4 guy in their roster by a wide margin.

They would have interest in ANY signed NHL calibre blueliner in my opinion, especially considering they aren't likely to attract any free agents if Suter/Weber don't agree to sign extensions there.

Nashville will be devastated if both Suter and Weber leave. They will pull out all the stops. On the other side both players have to make their moves now when families are young and can adapt. Signing a long term deal in Nashville could mean their careers spent without a realistic chance at a CUP. You have to figure that they have talked to one another about this. My biggest hope is that Weber has called Hamhuis and talked to him as well.

Ottawa was able to trade Heatley for Michalek and Cheechoo.

Heatley is now in Columbus and Cheechoo is toiling in the minors, and Michalek is doing great with Ottawa.

For all we know there might be a lockout, so I don't think we're going to see Luongo moved until training camp starts.

Some other interesting points from the McKenzie interview....

"the contract is not as overwhelming as it first appears..."

Burke might not want him.... Nonis does....

Burke can dance around the philosophical issues...of the long-term contract, because he did not sign Luongo to it.

It's all over the map.

Bernier to Tampa...

Columbus needs a goaltender as well...

In the end, there is nothing McKenzie says that indicates that he actually spoke to the Leafs.

The same blog that this rumour is posted on has Schultz going to Toronto in a trade. If I posted that Schultz was going to Toronto people would immediately discredit the blog but when it is something favourable to the Canucks people defend it?

All this is just wild speculation.

Living in the Toronto market I just can't see Burke moving that pick. He hasn't had his first round pick for a couple of years now. He has lost out on some pretty serious talent in the Kessel deal and I would be amazed if he lets the fifth pick go for a type of contract that he has been very much against.

If we are going to use Toronto based talk radio hosts as speculation then play some Bob McCowan. See what he thinks the Leafs should give up for Luongo.

Bob McKenzie is really the only one in all this mess that I actually give any credit.

Guest Dasein

I can't wait until this boring-ass final is over and people start preparing for the NHL Entry Draft.

We need to get assets using either Luongo or Schneider - I can't wait to see what we'll be doing this summer. Very exciting to see what will happen going forward since we have some valuable assets to move to fill the needs we have.

The same blog that this rumour is posted on has Schultz going to Toronto in a trade. If I posted that Schultz was going to Toronto people would immediately discredit the blog but when it is something favourable to the Canucks people defend it?

All this is just wild speculation.

Living in the Toronto market I just can't see Burke moving that pick. He hasn't had his first round pick for a couple of years now. He has lost out on some pretty serious talent in the Kessel deal and I would be amazed if he lets the fifth pick go for a type of contract that he has been very much against.

If we are going to use Toronto based talk radio hosts as speculation then play some Bob McCowan. See what he thinks the Leafs should give up for Luongo.

Bob McKenzie is really the only one in all this mess that I actually give any credit.

Archived