The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Great, yet another team gets a cup before us

PenguinsCanucks

I love being an optimist but it doesn't look like next year will go in our favour either. The Sedins have peaked and Kesler is on his 2nd injury in a few months. Sorry guys, It's just not looking good. We've also got a bit of hole in the 3rd Line C position with Malhotra only being able to see out of one eye and Lapierre being a primarily checking forward. Pahlsson didn't do well when he was here, so it's time to let go in that department.

We need 1. Energy players 2. 3rd Line C 3. 1-2 Top 4 D and its possible that we'll be good to go.

well canucks are getting close. the past 18 years canucks have lost to the cup winners 14 times. the other 4 teams have either lost in the finals or in the conference finals. we just need a little bit more and we got this, its getting closer and closer

better find a 2nd team to cheer for if you want to cheer for a cup winning team, Vancouver just will never get one, the NHL would hate to see this and the Canucks just aren't built as a team that can handle 82 games and 16 wins in the playoffs, we're too injury prone and soft to win it. AV's method of 2 scoring lines a shut down line and a checking line is old school you need depth scoring throughout the line up and grit/toughness durability to go all the way, these we lack. It's not hard to figure out what teams this Canuck team can't beat just look at our last two playoff series we lost and look at the similarities.

better find a 2nd team to cheer for if you want to cheer for a cup winning team, Vancouver just will never get one, the NHL would hate to see this and the Canucks just aren't built as a team that can handle 82 games and 16 wins in the playoffs, we're too injury prone and soft to win it. AV's method of 2 scoring lines a shut down line and a checking line is old school you need depth scoring throughout the line up and grit/toughness durability to go all the way, these we lack. It's not hard to figure out what teams this Canuck team can't beat just look at our last two playoff series we lost and look at the similarities.

This makes me so excited for next year, cause I know we will have a great shot next season, there will be no linger off the finals like we were this year since we weren't in it. And our players will have the confidence that we can go all the way.

Hopefully Gillis makes some big moves and really improves the team. Then we will have a great chance.

Can't wait for next year but it kinda makes me Jealous that we still haven't won it.

I'll just repost this, given the subject topic:

Cities Post Canucks entry

New York Islanders - 4

Edmonton - 5

Calgary - 1

New Jersey - 3

Colorado - 2

Dallas - 1

Tampa Bay - 1

Carolina - 1

Anaheim - 1

And a being a little looser with the stats

Cities 3 years prior to Canaucks entry

Pittsburgh- 3

Philidelphia - 2

......LA Kings - 1

I don't think next year it will happen either, but hopefully I am wrong. I've come to the expectation that the Canucks will never hoist the cup in my lifetime, but there is another 50+ years to go.

Please, just once in my life?

This makes me so excited for next year, cause I know we will have a great shot next season, there will be no linger off the finals like we were this year since we weren't in it. And our players will have the confidence that we can go all the way.

Hopefully Gillis makes some big moves and really improves the team. Then we will have a great chance.

Can't wait for next year but it kinda makes me Jealous that we still haven't won it.

Archived