The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor - CBJ was going to make a "major offer" for Schnieder

babych

Interested to see what you think Suter is worth.

Like I said. My opinion is 7mil is overpayment for Weber. Nashville obviously thought the same. As he had to take them to arbitration last year to get it.

But this is just my opinion.

Well when you consider the Sedins could have probably easily gotten 7.5 mil on the open market, I don't think Nash's 7.8 cap hit is that bad, it's about on the mark.

You've gotta take into account that he's never had elite linemates to play with, so in all liklihood he would be an 90-100 point player on a good team.

I still think we need one more elite top 6 forward to put us over the top based on how our team is built. If you look at Chicago, they did it with Toews, Kane, Sharp, and Hossa. We've got the equivelant of Toews, Kane, and Sharp in the Sedins and Kesler. But we need that Hossa type player that can be the X-factor/gamebreaker type player. Nash is that.

Shea Weber could get $10 million per year if he hits UFA. I would not be surprised to see Weber get an offer of 10 years $100 million.

You will soon find out what Ryan Suter is worth as a UFA. He will easily be offered more than $8 + million per year on a long term contract.

we're not getting Staal for Booth plus and we won't be getting enough back from the Luongo trade to bring in Weber. If we want Staal I would think Elder or Kesler would have to go the other way, if want want Weber same thing Kesler or Edler going the other way. If Staal is put on the market other teams would have no problem topping a Booth + offer with ease.

I don't see how Luongo would bring back a piece big enough to get Weber, I really don't see that happening. IMO I doubt we get much back from Luongo, this is why trading Schneider might make more sense since we have Lack ready and Cannata not far off but I'd only trade Schneider for a guy like Johansen.

Well when you consider the Sedins could have probably easily gotten 7.5 mil on the open market, I don't think Nash's 7.8 cap hit is that bad, it's about on the mark.

You've gotta take into account that he's never had elite linemates to play with, so in all liklihood he would be an 90-100 point player on a good team.

I still think we need one more elite top 6 forward to put us over the top based on how our team is built. If you look at Chicago, they did it with Toews, Kane, Sharp, and Hossa. We've got the equivelant of Toews, Kane, and Sharp in the Sedins and Kesler. But we need that Hossa type player that can be the X-factor/gamebreaker type player. Nash is that.

DeNiro, I've been creeping this forum for awhile now, and you're the poster I agree with more often than not. But do you really think Nash at 7.8 would be worth it? While I agree we need another top 6 forward, I feel we need that #1 dman much more, and that money could be used for one.

I guess all trades are dependant upon what we receive for one of our goalies, then we can assess our assets to form packages for other trades.

But what's stopping us from trading for Weber? I would think if we get at lease 1 top 6 Dman in the trade, or through free agency, that a Ballard, Tanev package would be hard for Nashville to say no to. That's a Top 4 pairing that can step in and play right away and reduce the loss of Suter and Weber a little.

As for J.Staal, I'll admit that I'm just dreaming a bit, but it fits with what MG wants for this team. Bigger, stronger, younger.

But what's stopping us from trading for Weber? I would think if we get at lease 1 top 6 Dman in the trade, or through free agency, that a Ballard, Tanev package would be hard for Nashville to say no to. That's a Top 4 pairing that can step in and play right away and reduce the loss of Suter and Weber a little.

• 7 months later...

Sorry for the "necro-post", but the idea of MG trading Schneider instead of Luongo has been floated around a lot lately. Given that CBJ really wanted Cory as their goalie of the future it's fair to assume that they are still high on him. The question is now: what does CBJ have to give up for Scheids?

Does a high pick and prospect(s) make our team better than what Luongo could garner?

Boone Jenner all day. Former teammate of Jensen's, and a beast of a player.

I would do:

Jenner

Mason

1st round pick

for

Schneider

Or if we can get Ryan Johansen, he would be a great addition too. He would probably be a straight up 1 for 1 trade.

Archived