The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tampa officailly out of the Lu race with the aquiring of Lindback

Southpop45

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest BuckFoston

Man oh man, look at all the folks in here pissing on Lindback's parade. Oh he sucks, oh he is not a starter, oh he has a condition, blah blah blah. Real hockey fans I see. It has been proven time and time again that different players can blossom on different teams under a changed leadership. Smith was going nowhere in Tampa but was arguably the best goalie in the playoffs after Quick maybe. Big deal that Lindy played behind Weber and Suter, they had brain farts this year too and were not perfect. For all we know a new environment will be a very welcome change for him and his game. I am sure being in Rinne's shadow has an effect too. What is certain though, is his game will be better that Rolie's. Maybe he will not be made a starter right away, but even having a tandem with someone else will guarantee more than 16 games, which is what a player strives for anyway - to play. Keep dissing, he'll prove you wrong down the line anyway.

Great news. Pricing has been set for a goalie in need and Tampa was not an option in the Luongo sweepstakes. I know a lot of fans throw around "the list" but keep in mind that nothing is set in stone. I am happy to finally see some action on the transaction front, hopefully this starts some momentum for more deals.

I think SY is very smart! Obviously MG is trying to dump Luo on some one, I really do think MG cares who as long as he gets a decent return!

Unfortunatly Luo is damaged goods now so he will be hard to move, especially with the size and length of Luo's contract. I would try to renegotiate Luo's contract (if that is even possible) and make Luo the back up guy, Luo isn't worth what they are paying him, he has become an average goalie. I mean that in the most respectful way, I think Luo is a tremendouse team player but facts are facts, he just doen't have it any more, and that is why SY doesn't want Luo!!

Looks like Yzerman is taking the Brian Burke approach to goaltending. I recall his days in Vancouer was not going all out on a very good goalie, but after a guy that has some expierence and might be a starter and converting a no name into starter. Brian Burke did it with Dan Cloutier, at the time, Cloutier as a really a nobody, unproven, but Burke traded for "cheap" goaltending in hopes to turn nothing into starter, Cloutier was ok, but far from great.

It's up to Yzerman how he wants to approach the goaltending. Personally I don't care if they are off the market.

Just my 2 cent. Yzerman going cheap out on goaltending, thats fine with them too. It can work out, or it can blow up in his face.

"ditch" Luo? What a stupid remark. You don't just "ditch" a great goalie. Have some bloody respect for the guy who finally solidified the position after so many years of it being a joke and a goalie graveyard.

Also, his low cap hit of 5M doesn't even come close to acquiring a "puck rushing D and a stud D"

Luongo is worth more than he's being given credit for.

Dude can play goal, is still youngish, an all star, and his contract is "Awesome"!

Seriously, $5.3 million is not a huge salary for an elite level stopper.

There are out clauses all the way through. He can even retire and the team won't be on the hook for the rest.

I don't believe his contract is the huge albatross that some people are making it out to be.

However it turns out we're looking good in goal for years to come. Lack is awesome, looks like a cross between Roberto and Schneider.

Cannata is not far behind. We need to trade assets to shore up other positions.

IF we trade Luongo we can expect to get a darn good return, though Schneids might bring a little more. It's going to be interesting.

Archived