Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4386 replies to this topic

#3211 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,479 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

Huberdeau is good, but I don't see great.

A lot centers in the 2011 draft that will probably be high end 2nd liners. Like Strome, Couturier. Zbinajad, Scheifele.

None of them jump out at me. But a couple will probably end up becoming 1st liners.

Wish there was a way to get Strome.

#3212 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

I think you're undervaluing Luongo. Lu is worth Huberdeau and something else in my opinion. Luongo is a premier goalie in the Nhl. He's top 10 for sure. What's Huberdeau? A prospect.Huberdeau is not proven yet and I wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the guys being discussed.

Huberdeau is about equal to Seguin or Doughty. He has 90 point upside.

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#3213 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

What is MG gonna do with our extra money in cap space?

Does he make an acquisition via a FA first or does he wait to do this Luongo trade?

The longer he waits, the shorter the list becomes of remaining decent FA's

There needs to be a push to make this go faster. I dont get this.

Edited by grandmaster, 07 July 2012 - 01:51 PM.

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#3214 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

Deal is in place, only thing being waited on is Theodore. He's refusing to waive NTC.

https://twitter.com/...629419725406209

Guy is legit, writes for the Miami Herald and is followed by Dreger, McKenzie, LeBrun, etc.

#3215 2013's The Charm

2013's The Charm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

What is MG gonna do with our extra money in cap space?

Does he make an acquisition via a FA first or does he wait to do this Luongo trade?

The longer he waits, the shorter the list becomes of remaining decent FA's

There needs to be a push to make this go faster. I dont get this.

I think the reason why we haven't made another move since Garrison is because we're making a strong push for Doan.

#3216 2013's The Charm

2013's The Charm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

Deal is in place, only thing being waited on is Theodore. He's refusing to waive NTC.

Guy is legit, writes for the Miami Herald and is followed by Dreger, McKenzie, LeBrun, etc.

We'll take Clemmensen if we have to. I just want this to end.

#3217 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Just retweeting someone who says that espn is reporting that a deal may be in place, pending Theo. Definitely not a confirmation.

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#3218 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

Just retweeting someone who says that espn is reporting that a deal may be in place, pending Theo. Definitely not a confirmation.

LeBrun was the one who reported Theo was holding it up.

#3219 2011

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

Theo and Gudbranson for Lou and Tanev?

#3220 sonoman

sonoman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

LeBrun was the one who reported Theo was holding it up.

Need to get Burrows and Lappy to call him.

#3221 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

Theo and Gudbranson for Lou and Tanev?

Posted Image

#3222 FlyLow_

FlyLow_

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

Kulikov's name has been thrown out there by some of the rumour spreaders on Twitter too.

In my dreams..would be the best trade we ever made.

#3223 FlyLow_

FlyLow_

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

Huberdeau is good, but I don't see great.

A lot centers in the 2011 draft that will probably be high end 2nd liners. Like Strome, Couturier. Zbinajad, Scheifele.

None of them jump out at me. But a couple will probably end up becoming 1st liners.

Wish there was a way to get Strome.

Hube is in the top 3 of players not playing in the NHL yet, Tallon would have to be mike keenan stupid to move him. I have my fingers crossed.

#3224 HiFiclub

HiFiclub

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image Well Tanev is the last survivor!?

Posted Image

Canucks
Posted Image

#3225 2013's The Charm

2013's The Charm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

Hube is in the top 3 of players not playing in the NHL yet, Tallon would have to be mike keenan stupid to move him. I have my fingers crossed.

Nah not Kennan stupid more like Gauthier/Milbury stupid.

#3226 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

Nah not Kennan stupid more like Gauthier/Milbury stupid.

Lol. Milbury stupid.

He still stupid.

What an asshat.

Edited by riffraff, 07 July 2012 - 02:25 PM.

Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#3227 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

I wouldn't blame Theo for not waiving his NTC. Old guys love Florida.

#3228 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

Huberdeau is about equal to Seguin or Doughty. He has 90 point upside.

UPSIDE is the main word. He's not a 90 point guy. He's a nothing guy right now in the nhl. Kassian has a lot of upside too but he hasn't proved anything yet at the nhl level. Luongo is a proven star. He sells tickets and wins games. Hard to find a guy like that. We're very lucky to have 2 of them.

#3229 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

UPSIDE is the main word. He's not a 90 point guy. He's a nothing guy right now in the nhl. Kassian has a lot of upside too but he hasn't proved anything yet at the nhl level. Luongo is a proven star. He sells tickets and wins games. Hard to find a guy like that. We're very lucky to have 2 of them.

True but Florida is trying to usher in a young talented team with Huberdeau being the centerpiece for the future. While Luongo serves well for the here and now, you take Huberdeau out, who's going to be their future star center?

#3230 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,156 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

"Theo doesn't want to leave for sure @mtodd90: ESPN reporting Theo hestitant to waive NTC to Vancouver and could be only thing holding ba..."

these statements not equal.
a circle back to Lebrun speculation.

#3231 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

True but Florida is trying to usher in a young talented team with Huberdeau being the centerpiece for the future. While Luongo serves well for the here and now, you take Huberdeau out, who's going to be their future star center?

They can build there team around Gudbranson (he's 3rd overall pick) and they have a bunch of other great young talent. If they don't want to give us Bjugstad or Gudbranson, then i'd be fine with Huberdeau.One of those 3 should be apart of the Luongo deal. Otherwise I can't see Gillis doing a deal with them.

#3232 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

They can build there team around Gudbranson (he's 3rd overall pick) and they have a bunch of other great young talent. If they don't want to give us Bjugstad or Gudbranson, then i'd be fine with Huberdeau.One of those 3 should be apart of the Luongo deal. Otherwise I can't see Gillis doing a deal with them.

#3233 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,892 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

If Theodore doesnt want to waive his NTC to play here, why the heck would we want him?? an unhappy goaltender will play crap.

I'd rather give Lack a shot or sign a UFA who wants to play here than an unhappy player.

Scratch, Theo off the package, add a mid pick or C level prospect and get the deal done with.

#3234 SunnyHours

SunnyHours

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

Or have him be included in the trade with the promise that we'll flip him to one of the teams on his list.

#3235 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

I wouldn't blame Theo for not waiving his NTC. Old guys love Florida.

Perfectly understandable. But he should think about the options he has if the trade goes through without him involved.

Luongo
Clemmensen
Theodore
Markström

It would be a bit crowded in sunny Miami. Lots of time for him at the beach... Best case scenario in FLA. He beats out Clemmensen for no. 2 spot. He gets what, 20 games there? And he will be outta there next year anyways. Markström and Clemmer's 2 -year deal force that. Why stay if you have a secure playoff spot (that we should be able to agree on in principal) on the team you are heading to and you theoretically can still fight for almost 50% of the games, a little more or a little less depending on how the honeymoon goes for Schneids and co. But as someone said, old men like Florida,,,

© 2000, 2015 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

SuomenLippu.gif

#3236 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

So that's how it works! Well then forget about Huberdeau, might as well go for Yakupov!

#3237 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

+

I always thought Theodore would be in the mix mainly because of the cap, as salary dump and Florida wanting to offload one G as it's going to get a little crowded there. And give him a legitimate shot at no. 2. The idea feels good and fills the needs of both teams. Minor cap dump and needed depth in net for the other.

© 2000, 2015 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

SuomenLippu.gif

#3238 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,156 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Those aren't the only viable options - Matthias is another huge center, the prospect Florida got in the Bertuzzi deal - he's NHL weathered/ready - add Petrovic and a 1st... the Panthers may be more prepared to move a mid round pick and a couple (still very good) prospects... who knows... Matthias doesn't come with the complications that Bjugstad does (no contract, not pro/University player), or Huberdeau's 3.2 million NHL cap hit....really, where Florida is concerned, there are a lot of possibilities.
I'm not going to assume Vancouver wants Theodore either - the sources on that one don't seem to be from this end (and no, Botchford does not count).

Anyone here remember the Lu won't waive for anyone but Florida myths? Has anyone heard this from Theodore or his agent? No? Ok then, just more useless speculation.

Edited by oldnews, 07 July 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#3239 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

You don't just give up one of your best young players (I'm including the 3 you just mentioned) because another teams needs to trade one of their top-end goaltenders. It's not as simple for a team like Florida under the reign of Tallon. Tallon is going to want some young talented players in return with Luongo if he's going to give up 1 of of his prized 3. Remember, Tallon isnt the one who is pressured to make the deal, it needs to make sense to him.

#3240 KSniper88

KSniper88

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

Not sure if MG would be comfortable to trade Lu to the Western Conf as like all the other proposals with Western teams, the move could come to bite us.

I would love having pavelski, goalie and a decent prospect in return from sj, but maybe there not on lu's list...

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.