The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks inquired about Jordan Staal

They are both great leaders, but IMO:

Defensively: Kesler>Staal

Offensively: Staal>Kesler

Kesler is a better shot blocker, a better checker, a better hitter, and took a hometown discount to stay with the organization.

Staal is a younger, bigger, a better playmaker, and still has room to blossom.

Again, it's just my opinion.

Staal is 2" taller. 3 years younger and had almost the same stats in hits, points, and plus/minus as Kes this year.

What Staal has in his favour. This was as a 3rd liner as compared to second. Staal was one of the best players in Pittsburgh's playoff run. Staal is also more disciplined than Kesler.

Sorry Kes, I would have done that trade. In fact I would have traded Booth, Kesler, Higgins and Raymond for Neal and Staal and Despres.

I'm sure every GM in the league at least "inquired" about him.

Having said that, Staal as a 2nd line center would have been an upgrade for us. Don't be so biased: Staal is just better than Kesler period. Only deterrence was probably that Staal had only 1 year left in his contract.

Stall hasn't gotten 70 points in a season hasn't had more than 40 goals in a season, plays on the second line because of Crosby injury for the last 2 years with better wingers in my opinion. How does he have the same stats in points.

Two players.

Both play amazing two-way games. Almost identical in statistics.

One has an expiring contract in 2013 and will command north of 6 million. The other is signed for 3 more years at a modest 5 million.

Who do you choose?

Staal is 2" taller. 3 years younger and had almost the same stats in hits, points, and plus/minus as Kes this year.

What Staal has in his favour. This was as a 3rd liner as compared to second. Staal was one of the best players in Pittsburgh's playoff run. Staal is also more disciplined than Kesler.

Sorry Kes, I would have done that trade. In fact I would have traded Booth, Kesler, Higgins and Raymond for Neal and Staal and Despres.

you sir are on crackKesler is a Selke winner with a higher point total even in a bad year then Staal in a good year. Staal has a well known last name and can score some short handed goals.

Archived