The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Schneider. What offer is too much to match?

nitti999

You are not getting it. Why would Schneider sign for less? What would make a normal human sign for less money to accept a diminished role? If he signed, he could be traded. As it is, he holds the cards. Try thinking of this from Schneider's pov. What would HE have to gain?

Lol at ludacris. Turn off the ebonic spell check.

I really don't think you get it.

He has no possible need to sign. I am sure Gillis would have LOVED to re-sign him earlier. Corey Schneider had exaclty NO REASON to sign a contract earlier unless it was fair market value. That is the sign of a true professional.

Let's say Schneider signs a cheap deal with Vancouver 6 months ago. Now what? He has then handed over all control to the Canucks. If he was signed right now for $2.5M, he could be traded anywhere for a spectacular return. And guess what? He'd have to go. As it sits, he is in control, and that is a real professional would do.

Corey Schneider and his agent would have to be complete idiots to have re-signed with the Canucks for cheap without knowing what the situation was. They are not, and that is why he isn't signed. It has nothing to do with Gillis not wanting to. If you honestly can't grasp this, let me know so I can add you to my ignore list. I am trying to protect my sanity here and the list has been helping.

A lot of speculation that Brian Burke will through huge money at Schneider to force Luongo deal. So what is too much. One example was 8 year 40 mil. 5 mil a year. No way he's worth that. IMO anything over 3.5 mil per year is too much. But in that case we get nothing in compensation for him. What is your opinion. What's too much?

first it looks like schneids is gonna get signed before Lu trade. according to the verified twitter of account of Bob Mckenzie - canucks already in negotiations with schneids camp. probably will be done soon. IMO $3.5 M /year for three years is good for me- maybe on the 2nd and 3rd year 4M/ 4.5 M. anything over that- let's stick with Lu. I luv cory but he's unproven.

2005 Averaged Salary [] Current Averaged Salary Draft Pick Compensation

$660,000 and below [] $1,034,249 and below No compensation

$660,001 to $1,000,000 [] $1,034,250 to $1,567,043 Thirdroundpick

$1,000,001 to $2,000,000 [] $1,567,044 to $3,134,088 Second-round pick

$2,000,001 to $3,000,000 [] $3,134,089 to $4,701,131 First- and third-round pick []

3,000,001 to $4,000,000 [] $4,701,132 to $6,268,175 First-, second-, and third-round pick []

$4,000,001 to $5,000,000 [] $6,268,176 to $7,835,219 Two first-round picks and a second- and third-round pick

$5,000,001 and above [] $7,835,220 and above Four first-round picks

Archived