The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks with lots of money to spend but who to buy.?

Sully2Cool

I want him to sign a Brandon Prust type player. Or Zenon Konopka. Jason Garrison would also be a nice addition. As would Jordin Tootoo. Getting Matt Carkner would be pretty cool as well.

One or two of those players would be awesome.

Seriosly, Connaughton and Sauve are NHL ready! By that I mean they both have at least earned an NHL tryout of 15 to 20 games. Why even have prospects if you never audition them. At the start of the season is the ideal time to audition them. If they fail, at least they benefitted from the experience and there is still time to find the defencemen we need.

F*cking stop putting Kassian on the 4th line with plugs, just so he can hit.

The kid can PLAY. He has skills.

(referring to above poster)

Ideal FA:

Garisson 3.75m per for 3 years ---Discount

Mueller- 2.85-2 years---Raymonds contract

Luongo Trade- [bad Contract]+2nd rounder+Bjugstad

This is without any big trades. Otherwise:

Sign suter...trade for weber...sign parise...sign doan.... etc

Seriosly, Connaughton and Sauve are NHL ready! By that I mean they both have at least earned an NHL tryout of 15 to 20 games. Why even have prospects if you never audition them. At the start of the season is the ideal time to audition them. If they fail, at least they benefitted from the experience and there is still time to find the defencemen we need.

Hey if this kid Schultz wants to play on a team where he's the #2 d-man without playing an NHL game, so be it. I'll be happy to watch him get clobbered all season on a roster where he has no protection. He'll regret this decision down the road.

There's several free agents who I'd like to see on the Canucks. Guys like Prust and Garrison will probably be too pricy, but Carkner, Sullivan, Arnott, Moss, Tootoo, Crabb, Brule, Halpern, Asham, Bouillon, Spacek, guys like that we could definitely use if the price is right.

And if not, we have the roster depth to go without signing anybody! Might be a good idea, with the CBA in such a doubtful position. I'd be happy to see the Canucks do absolutely nothing tomorrow, in light of the potential lockout and the ridiculous standard that's been set in the lead-up to free agency.

Forwards: Doan & Prust

Defense: Garrison & Carle

Goalie: Brodeur (pipe dream, also if Lack isn't quite ready)

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Prust - ???? - Higgins

Kassian - Lapierre - Hansen

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Carle - Tanev

Schneider

Brodeur

Don't forget about Burrows and Edler who will soon be demanding the big bucks when their current contracts run out, so lets not load up completely.

I would like to see a 1 year 4 million deal for Garrison, or 6 million deal for Suter/Weber, then worry about Edler later.

Archived