The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Suter to Minnesota Wild

Guest AriGold

"Suter will sign with the Red Wings" -Nice prediction everyone! :lol:

I'm actually glad this happened. Finally the Canucks are going to have some real competition in their division. Now they won't just take that division title for granted.

This signing overshadows the one Dallas made with Aaron Rome. And that's unfair to Romer...

As I said before time and time again. What mega overpayment. Parise borderline ok, Suter - noes wayz!

Are they really that scary though?

Minny was probably the weakest team they both could have joined. Imagine how much scarier Detroit, Pittsburgh, or Philly would have been if they signed both of them...

Minny is now just back to being a good team that will likely make the playoffs.

"Suter will sign with the Red Wings" -Nice prediction everyone! :lol:

I'm actually glad this happened. Finally the Canucks are going to have some real competition in their division. Now they won't just take that division title for granted.

Well, to be fair, if Detroit went after Parise as hard as they went after Suter ($91m over 13 years) they'd both be wearing the winged wheel right about now. As it turns out, however, Suter did exactly as he said he would by settling closer to "home" in the Mid West.

Having said that, I won't LOL at those who thought Hamhuis could convince him to sign here. ;)

Well Detroit better hope they at least get Carle now, or they're not lookin too strong.

And the Canucks didn't even make him an offer, so you can't call my idea wrong. If we were actually interested in him, I still think Hamhuis would have been part of the pitch.

Oh, absolutely he would have been. Unfortunately for Hamhuis, Suter stated that he wanted to stay in the Mid West all along and, btw, I'm still NOT "lol-ing" at the idea Hamhuis could've changed that fact.

Edit: And you're definitely right about the Wings. This could be the beginning of the end of an era in Detroit.

Archived